Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (spoilers)

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

I couldn't watch it online, it wouldn't stream for me. I got the audio, but no visuals. :(

I hate that I'm gonna see this movie. I'm only viewing these just to say that I've seen it.

Hated the first one.

Hated the second one.

Gonna hate the 3rd.

The only thing good about the pirate films have been the villains. Geoffrey Rush and Bill Nighy were ****ing awesome.

Last edited:

The trailer was AMAZING... This movie's going to be a Pirate epic. Great stuff we're getting to see in the trailer. Can't wait 'til the 25th of May now.

The trailer was stupid. You guys are crazy. The Pirates movies sucked.

This looks very entertaining, I look forward to it.

You know, it's a true pity that these films have become what the Star Wars prequels should have been. Not that I look down at Pirates, it's that I'm still just really pissed about Star Wars :). Anyways, if the third film does stack up to the other two, I think they'll be remembered very much in that light. The great fantasy/action saga of its generation.

I'm in agreeance. I look at Pirates of the Caribbean (Because "Pirates", Entropy, is a VERY different movie ;-)) as NOT a Disney movie... I see it as a movie that can stand up to Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and The Matrix in terms of cinema epics.

I'm in agreeance. I look at Pirates of the Caribbean (Because "Pirates", Entropy, is a VERY different movie ;-)) as NOT a Disney movie... I see it as a movie that can stand up to Star Wars, Lord of the Rings, and The Matrix in terms of cinema epics.

I agree, although I put the PotC movies above the SW prequels and the Matrix trilogy. At World's End looks ridiculously epic, regardless of the convoluted plot.

FALSE!

I hate that I'm gonna see this movie. I'm only viewing these just to say that I've seen it.

Hated the first one.

Hated the second one.

Gonna hate the 3rd.
Then don't see it. You don't need to give Orlando Bloom your 10 hard earned dollars.
The trailer was stupid. You guys are crazy. The Pirates movies sucked.
:rockon:
It goes like this:

1. Lord of the Rings

2. Star Wars

3. The Matrix

4. Pirates of the Carribean

5. The Matrix Sequels

Pssh. Wrong. It goes more like this.

1. Star Wars
2. the View Askewniverse films
3. A DVD of Led Zeppelin playing
4. Star Wars
5. Snakes on a Plane

Last edited:

NO.

*Jeet Kune Do-punches Wade_Wilson*

NO.

*Jeet Kune Do-punches Wade_Wilson*

Thank you.

I pretty much agree, except I'd seperate the SW OT and the PT and put the PT right under Pirates. And I might put Matrix 1 on par with POTC.

Gods, let us not contenance Walter Matthau on the high sea's and just keep chanting, "Chinatown, Chinatown. . . " over and over again. Are you seriously one of the five people on the planet that consciously remembers that movie? I tip my hat sir, you've greater mental stamina than I.

Ok, now that the high speak is out of the way, I gotta say I agree with your statement. Except for putting The Matrix on there. A great first film with tacked on trash. A list of my favorite trilogies in order

10. Pirates of the Carribean Trilogy - It might be premature, but I don't think this will disappoint. Still need to see the last one before I determine its real place on the list.
9. Indiana Jones Trilogy - Mainly on the utter strength of Raiders, but Last Crusade Was pretty good too.
8. Lord of the Rings Trilogy - Great high fantasy
7. Die Hard Trilogy - Come on. It's John McClane.
6. First Star Wars Trilogy - Yeah. No better campy sci-fi than this.
5. Sin City Trilogy - "Why don't you apply the same logic here that you do for PotC, Entropy?" Because I don't need too. The other two WILL be as good as the first one, it's a foregone conclusion in my mind. So this is where it stands.
4. The Godfather Trilogy - Yeah, the third one is pretty weak. The first two. . . . Nothing need be said about how good they were. It makes up for the third one.
3. Musashi Miyamoto Trilogy - The best samurai films outside of Akira Kurosawa IMO, and a damn fine epic
2. The Dollars Trilogy - Sergio Leone + Clint Eastwood + Western Setting = Cinema Gold
1. The Evil Dead Trilogy - Why? Because **** you.

Latest posts

Back