Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (spoilers)

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

Surprise. Surprise. :wink:

Heh heh.

I give it a 9. It gets docked a point because they stuffed TOO much into this, but overall, it was very entertaining and I throughly enjoyed it. I look forward to a more linear Pirates 4, though (Since it's pretty much a definite now).

:roll: Now, there's someone who can't be entertained...

:lol:

You were right, though... Davy Jones rocked and so did Barbossa. I thought that they would ***** out Davy since he worked for the EITC, however, they more than made up for that at the end of the movie... Just incredible. Barbossa was just entertaining as Jack Sparrow when our beloved Sparrow was absent in the beginning, too... Probably something that most people weren't expecting, what with the popularity of Witty Jack.

Last night, the audience was at least...I wanna say 95% females.

I think females will make up the most percentage of viewers for this movie.

Last night, the audience was at least...I wanna say 95% females.

I think females will make up the most percentage of viewers for this movie.

19 females.

1 Ice.

All love the men of Pirates.

Last edited:

The movie was good, not great. The Maelstrom sequence is one of my favorite movie fights of all time now, probably in the top three, too.

B

Oh and did anyone else stay for the credits?
Will and Elizabeth had-a the sexytime!

My whole thing about Will and Elizabeth is that I can't feel sorry for them because there was such an easy solution to their problem.

Wah wah wah. Will dies and become the captain of The Flying Dutchman. Well it's obvious that he and his crew will keep their new human looks....so if she and Will are married....why didn't she pledge eternity to the ship and become a crew member? He'll be forever young and now she has to age and wait every 10 years to spend one day with him. Lame.

She should've joined the crew...gained eternity....and then they could've been married and happy forever and blah blah blah.

My whole thing about Will and Elizabeth is that I can't feel sorry for them because there was such an easy solution to their problem.

Wah wah wah. Will dies and become the captain of The Flying Dutchman. Well it's obvious that he and his crew will keep their new human looks....so if she and Will are married....why didn't she pledge eternity to the ship and become a crew member? He'll be forever young and now she has to age and wait every 10 years to spend one day with him. Lame.

She should've joined the crew...gained eternity....and then they could've been married and happy forever and blah blah blah.

Because she would have had to be near death to do that. Also, its possible that
the crew is full or that Will, being a better captain than Davy Jones, no longer offers souls this chance. He simply sends them on their way.

Last edited:

I absolutely loved it. Everything about this film was fantastic, from the special effects to the acting to the plot. Great film, and probably the best of the trilogy (although I would need to see the first two again to confirm that).

On a side note, a big complaint by the critics was how hard the story was to follow. They said the same thing about the second one, too. Well, maybe I should be a film critic, because I sure didn't have any trouble.

9.5/10

On a side note, a big complaint by the critics was how hard the story was to follow. They said the same thing about the second one, too. Well, maybe I should be a film critic, because I sure didn't have any trouble.

I understand their complaint. While I followed all the plotlines, there were A LOT. Enough to fill a whole other movie, possibly two. And this is coming from a fan.

Thing is, the original's plot was perfect. It wasn't too much, but the plot wasn't basic either. With the sequels, while both epic, it seemed like the writers had so many ideas but figured they only had two movies to tell them so they crammed them all in.

I loved 2 and 3, but I hope 4's plot is closer to the simple high adventure of The Curse of the Black Pearl.

I understand their complaint. While I followed all the plotlines, there were A LOT. Enough to fill a whole other movie, possibly two. And this is coming from a fan.

Thing is, the original's plot was perfect. It wasn't too much, but the plot wasn't basic either. With the sequels, while both epic, it seemed like the writers had so many ideas but figured they only had two movies to tell them so they crammed them all in.

I loved 2 and 3, but I hope 4's plot is closer to the simple high adventure of The Curse of the Black Pearl.

I hope they don't make a Fourth.

Why couldn't she just stay aboard the black pearl and go with them to the fountain of youth.

I loved how they threw Ponce de Leon's name in there. In case you didn't know Ponce de Leon was a European explorer that discovered Florida and Puerto Rico looking for the fountain of youth.
I wish I would have stayed after the credits.
I really don't care if they make more but they are going to. One of the highest grossing movies ever, like they're not going to make a sequel. Just hope it's good.:D

I wish it would die in production deals. There really doesn't need to be a fourth.

I wish it would die in production deals. There really doesn't need to be a fourth.

Anything's possible, but, honestly, the franchise makes truckloads of money. And that's all these big-wig producers are going to see.

I don't mind if they make more, but they really need to be stand-alone. I don't want more "trilogies" or whatever. Just give me some more stand-alone Pirate movies. They work best.

I don't mind if they make more, but they really need to be stand-alone. I don't want more "trilogies" or whatever. Just give me some more stand-alone Pirate movies. They work best.

Absolutely. That's exactly what I want from now on. A stand alone adventure with maybe a small hint at the next adventure at the end of the film.

Honestly, Pirates is the epitome of the adventure movie genre right now. They need to play up the "adventure" part more.

Last edited:

These movies dont feel like a trilogy. 1 was a very standalone movie. Then 2 started a new story which continued to 3.

Pirates is teh suk.

THAT IS ALL.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back