Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (spoilers)

Re: Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End

10. Pirates of the Carribean Trilogy - It might be premature, but I don't think this will disappoint. Still need to see the last one before I determine its real place on the list.
9. Indiana Jones Trilogy - Mainly on the utter strength of Raiders, but Last Crusade Was pretty good too.
8. Lord of the Rings Trilogy - Great high fantasy
7. Die Hard Trilogy - Come on. It's John McClane.
6. First Star Wars Trilogy - Yeah. No better campy sci-fi than this.
5. Sin City Trilogy - "Why don't you apply the same logic here that you do for PotC, Entropy?" Because I don't need too. The other two WILL be as good as the first one, it's a foregone conclusion in my mind. So this is where it stands.
4. The Godfather Trilogy - Yeah, the third one is pretty weak. The first two. . . . Nothing need be said about how good they were. It makes up for the third one.
3. Musashi Miyamoto Trilogy - The best samurai films outside of Akira Kurosawa IMO, and a damn fine epic
2. The Dollars Trilogy - Sergio Leone + Clint Eastwood + Western Setting = Cinema Gold
1. The Evil Dead Trilogy - Why? Because **** you.

Nice list. The only problems I see is that the Die Hard trilogy will no longer be a trilogy after June (LIVE FREE OR DIE HARD, WOOOOOO!) and the Indy franchise will no longer be a trilogy after next year (Another WOOOOOO!). Hell, the Pirates movies may not be a trilogy, given a few years.

I probably would have put the Godfather trilogy (Despite the horrid 3), Indy, Star Wars, Die Hard (Despite the lackluster 2) and LotR higher on the list, though. Hell, those are probably my top 6.

I'm getting sick of ****in trilogies.

Totally. Emmerich and Devlin, the guys who did Independence Day are always talking about how "Stargate was planned as a trilogy," "Godzilla was planned as a trilogy." Shut up, man.

And now Spider-Man and Batman, oh, "that'll make a good trilogy." Dude, just do a freakin' fourth, fifth, whatever movie for God's sake.

At least we're being absolute about things... If you go on for too long, like if you get into the fourth or fifth movies people are bored with it by then. You might as well end something while it's still good so it can be remembered as something good.

I hate that I'm gonna see this movie. I'm only viewing these just to say that I've seen it.

Hated the first one.

Hated the second one.

Gonna hate the 3rd.

The only thing good about the pirate films have been the villains. Geoffrey Rush and Bill Nighy were ****ing awesome.

Comes out in a few days and I still stand by this wholeheartedly. I had to watch the second film earlier today because I wa so bored by it that for the life of me I couldn't remember what it was about.

The only thing I remembered was that Bill Nighy was awesome as usual.

Although I did see a poster the other day that had Chow Yun Fat as some asian pirate. That was cool.

And I refuse to pay for the film.....much like all the films I've seen in the past 5 months. In fact---the only 2 films I'v paid for have been 300 and Grindhouse. I'll just have to find out what day Tiffany works the booth and get her to comp me a ticket.

10. Pirates of the Carribean Trilogy - It might be premature, but I don't think this will disappoint. Still need to see the last one before I determine its real place on the list.
9. Indiana Jones Trilogy - Mainly on the utter strength of Raiders, but Last Crusade Was pretty good too.
8. Lord of the Rings Trilogy - Great high fantasy
7. Die Hard Trilogy - Come on. It's John McClane.
6. First Star Wars Trilogy - Yeah. No better campy sci-fi than this.
5. Sin City Trilogy - "Why don't you apply the same logic here that you do for PotC, Entropy?" Because I don't need too. The other two WILL be as good as the first one, it's a foregone conclusion in my mind. So this is where it stands.
4. The Godfather Trilogy - Yeah, the third one is pretty weak. The first two. . . . Nothing need be said about how good they were. It makes up for the third one.
3. Musashi Miyamoto Trilogy - The best samurai films outside of Akira Kurosawa IMO, and a damn fine epic
2. The Dollars Trilogy - Sergio Leone + Clint Eastwood + Western Setting = Cinema Gold
1. The Evil Dead Trilogy - Why? Because **** you.
I soooo agree on the Evil dead being number one but..... where is the Back to the Future trilogy? Those DO deserve to be on the list.

What kind of a stupid move is it to start showing a movie at 8pm on Thursday? If you're going to open it on Thursday why not have matinee shows so people like me (ME!) can go see it? I don't understand the point of showing it four times at the end of the day instead of all day long. . .

What kind of a stupid move is it to start showing a movie at 8pm on Thursday? If you're going to open it on Thursday why not have matinee shows so people like me (ME!) can go see it? I don't understand the point of showing it four times at the end of the day instead of all day long. . .

Im a matinee person, too (Go Joe!). But this is perfect since I have work and wont be out until 6pm.

I've never really liked these films. The first one wasn't bad, but on repeated viewings, I discovered how much I truly despise the acting 'talents' of Orlando Bloom and Keira Knightley. I actually can't stand them.

Another thing I hate about these movies is that the same people who think comic-book movies are 'silly' go on about how much a film with a bunch of pirates, a monkey and some zombies and some horrible actors are really cool. That's not really a flaw with the movie, I guess, just an annoying habit ignorant movie-goers seem to have, these days.

Before anyone says it, yes Johnny Depp is great in these films. I accept that.

Am I the first to review?

All I can tell you is this - perfect in every definition and language. I can't tell you how entertaining it was. I thought that they tied up the loose ends from the last film real well and, not only that, but the special effects and action were unmatched by any movie that I've recently seen. Spider-Man 3 couldn't possible measure up to this one. I am in awe of how entertaining this was... Great.

10/10.

I will see this tomorrow. Since the person I'm seeing it with called me right after he got out of the theater to see if I wanted to I'm expecting good things.

Am I the first to review?

All I can tell you is this - perfect in every definition and language. I can't tell you how entertaining it was. I thought that they tied up the loose ends from the last film real well and, not only that, but the special effects and action were unmatched by any movie that I've recently seen. Spider-Man 3 couldn't possible measure up to this one. I am in awe of how entertaining this was... Great.

10/10.

I totally agree word for word. Best movie this year after 300.

I totally agree word for word. Best movie this year after 300.

300 was a good movie, but it wasn't "great" or anything... just my opinion.

I will see this tomorrow. Since the person I'm seeing it with called me right after he got out of the theater to see if I wanted to I'm expecting good things.

Well I don't want to ruin the ending for you or anything, but
I can't believe you just looked.

Last edited:

And now I stand alone on the grassy knoll.

Booo.....I was bored out my mind from this movie. I'm so glad that I don't pay for movies anymore. Because 3 hours of this at $10 a pop would've had me spouting hateful sarcastic remarks aloud that would surely end with me being ushered out the theater. Quite loudly I might add. Hold on...

*jots down notes for idea this weekend! I'm in ur seat next 2 u....spoylin teh pirates!*

Anyways.....so yeah. I was bored. Yes....I admit that there were some entertaining parts....but they were either far and few between for me or just seemed forced.

And Will's ending? Lame.

Once again the only saving grace this film had for me was the villains (except for the Admiral). Geoffry Rush as Barbosa was awesome. Bill Nighy as Jones was awesome (
and it was awesome to see him in normal form too!
). I was kinda hoping for more Chow Yun Fat. But meh.

And "The New Pirate King"? Ugh. This ain't Braveheart. Sit down and save your speech.

Yawn.

5/10

I can't wait to forget this film.

And now I stand alone on the grassy knoll.

Booo.....I was bored out my mind from this movie. I'm so glad that I don't pay for movies anymore. Because 3 hours of this at $10 a pop would've had me spouting hateful sarcastic remarks aloud that would surely end with me being ushered out the theater. Quite loudly I might add. Hold on...

*jots down notes for idea this weekend! I'm in ur seat next 2 u....spoylin teh pirates!*

Anyways.....so yeah. I was bored. Yes....I admit that there were some entertaining parts....but they were either far and few between for me or just seemed forced.

And Will's ending? Lame.

Once again the only saving grace this film had for me was the villains (except for the Admiral). Geoffry Rush as Barbosa was awesome. Bill Nighy as Jones was awesome (
and it was awesome to see him in normal form too!
). I was kinda hoping for more Chow Yun Fat. But meh.

And "The New Pirate King"? Ugh. This ain't Braveheart. Sit down and save your speech.

Yawn.

5/10

I can't wait to forget this film.
Surprise. Surprise. :wink:

Latest posts

Back