Please, Marvel, I'm begging you

Bass said:
WHAT?!

Must... destroy.... Marvel....

But before I do, a little bio on Xorn for Slimjim (you're a sidekick because you have posted X posts, when you post more posts your subnick changes, I was a sidekick too):

In Grant Morrison's New X-Men run (beginning in #114 I think), a giant Sentinel is sent by Cassandra Nova to attack Genosha. When it gets there it almost completely wipes out every mutant on the island. One of the casualties is Magneto. He's in his tower, in a wheel chair (he's not well) and the tower is blown up by the Sentinel during its rampage.

Much later, in Hong Kong, the X-Men are investigating Jonny Sublime, the leader of the U-Men, who are humans that desire to become mutants and so they hunt down mutants, kill them, and graft parts of their bodies onto their own. Sublime is attempting to get a hold of a mutant named Xorn, who is held in a huge prison by the Chinese. Xorn would've been the next Buddha, but he has a star for a brain, so he was locked up by the Chinese, with a skull-shaped metal helmet on his head. The U-Men want his brain. The X-Men discover this, defeat Sublime who is killed in the struggle, and free Xorn. Xorn then joins the X-Men, as a healer.

With that story over, the next plot moves on to involve Cassandra Nova once more, and I won't go through all the details here, sufficed to say that part of her plan is to weaken the X-Men with nano-sentinels that are so small they are inside the X-Men, hacking away at their cells making it seem like they just have a cold, when in fact, they are being killed from the inside. Xorn, who has the power to heal people, heals all the X-Men by placing his hands on their head and through his power, killing all the nano-sentinels in their body. Cassandra Nova, who has possessed Charles Xavier, makes her final attack, and Xorn jumps on her, "healing" her, which somehow weakens her momentarily. The rest of the story unfolds and due to Jean's clever planning, the day is saved. But it turns out that Charles can now walk.

A while later, the X-Men return to Genosha because of weird occurrences there. Someone, amongst the radiation-heavy debris, is constructing a Magneto statue. It turns out to be Toad and some other mutants, and then there are these ambient magnetic fields, which turn out to be a farewell message from Magneto. He talks about his life, his dreams, his goal, and his untimely death, and gives a beautiful send off to the world.

Morrison has also, a series of unconnected events occur, for example, one student called Quentin Beck decides to orchestrate a riot in the school, during which another student is killed and it causes horrific public relations problems for the X-Men. As Quentin Beck is dying, Xavier calls Xorn in to heal Beck, but claims he is unable to do so. Other events such as a drug called "kick" which enhances a mutants power but is extremely detrimental to their health is being used (indeed, Beck is thought to have had an overdose of it), as well as more U-Men, and the discovery of the Weapon Plus programme, where it discovers that Weapon X is not Weapon "X" but rather Weapon Ten (X being the Roman numeral for 10) and Wolverine learns that there is a Weapon XIII, Weapon XIV, Weapon XV and so forth, and that they are all bred in a self-contained biosphere called "The World" and they're supposed to be next-generation Sentinels. Emma Frost is shot and killed by an unknown assailant due to having an affair with Cyclops (she gets resurrected though by Jean Grey), and more and more stories are happening.

Then, as Wolverine and Cylcops are in the Weapon Plus programme's HQ (which is a satellite in Earth's orbit), Jean goes to help them out, while Beast and Emma fly half way across the world to follow up a lead. In Xorn's special class, a girl called Sooraya (which is also my sister's name, how odd is that?), becomes frightened and her powers runamuck, destroying Cerebro. Xavier tries to help, and Xorn starts talking to Xavier very differently. Xavier notices that there are posters in Xorn's classroom that say, "Magneto Was Right", and then Xorn explains that the reason Xavier can walk is because the nano-sentinels Xorn put in his body are allowing him too, at which point Xorn gestures, and Xavier becomes crippled once more. At the same time, Emma and Beast are in the Blackbird, which explodes due to sabotage, and Wolverine deduces that the Weapon Plus HQ is Asteroid M. Xorn, then takes off his helmet and shows Xavier that he's Magneto, and that he's been planning this for a long time.

Magneto then destroys Manhattan, and turns it into New Genosha, and tries to usher in a new world. He's crippled electromagnetism the world over, because his message was actually a virus. The problem is... the mutant populace don't believe that it's really him, since he's died so many times. Magneto intends to turn the world on its axis, and needs to use the kick drug to do so. The X-Men regroup and confront him. In the ensuing conflict, Magneto is defeated and told to give himself up. Instead, he discharges all the power he's been storing into Jean, killing her. He then tells the X-Men to make him immortal, and allows Wolverine, who is in a frenzy, to kill him.

That's not the end of the story, but it is the end of Xorn and Magneto.

Xorn was just a guise Magneto used to destroy the X-Men from the inside. It was masterfully done and you should check it out.

But anything done with Xorn after that is a big waste of time.
You are my hero :D

OurChair said:
So if you knew that E knew that you knew that E knew, why was it not made known that he had known that you had known, and spare everyone who didn't know the tedium of having to be told what they didn't know?

But I didn't. I only knew that I knew he knew.

Did you know that?

slimjim said:
You are my hero :D

Of course, but I have so many amazing abilities, I need you to be more specific as to why I am now your hero.

Not at all. Magneto is unaware of Sublime's true nature.

*deep breath*

It turns out that Sublime is actually a sentient bacteria that has existed since the beginning of Earth's creation. It infects people and uses them to its own ends, which is to create aggression so as to kill of any living thing so it can rule the Earth once more. Jonny Sublime is just its current host, and the first one we see. Sublime is responsible for the kick drug, which, while enhancing mutant powers, makes them violently aggressive, and is responsible for some of Magneto's mind deteriorating. The final arc is set 150 years in the future with Beast being a tyrant and ruling vast areas of Earth in his blood-stained paw, calling himself "Sublime"...

This is why I left it vague. It's an underlying arc in Morrison's New X-Men that wasn't entirely relevant to who Xorn was.

Still can't see how Sublime would be going after Xorn's brain if it didn't exist in the first place... Also, Magneto's healing powers were born out of the micro-sentinels? Hmm...

Goodwill said:
Still can't see how Sublime would be going after Xorn's brain if it didn't exist in the first place...
No, no, no. The Xorn without a brain was the one in China. Never said if the other one in NYC had one or not.

Goodwill said:
Also, Magneto's healing powers were born out of the micro-sentinels? Hmm...
Since it turned out to not be Mags, it ain't "Mags healing powers", but the one who impersonated him, really.

Yes, the one in China had this brain... I get that part... But where did Magneto come in? Was he the one captured in China? Or, did he show up later and kill off the other Xorn and hide behind the mask?

Goodwill said:
Yes, the one in China had this brain... I get that part... But where did Magneto come in? Was he the one captured in China? Or, did he show up later and kill off the other Xorn and hide behind the mask?
Before Excalibur started, Magneto totally made up the "Xorn" identity and story. But, as explained in Excalibur #2, that 'Magneto' in NYC was not Magneto, rather someone who impostered Magneto, and also the Xorn identity.

So, it goes like this.

Guy comes along, pretends to be Xorn, pretending to be Magneto, but really is just someguy who's power is to "come back from the dead". Magento was never in NYC, never with the 'nano-sentinels' thing, but rather that other guy. The REAL Magneto was still in Genosha, under hiding.

icemastertron said:
Before Excalibur started, Magneto totally made up the "Xorn" identity and story. But, as explained in Excalibur #2, that 'Magneto' in NYC was not Magneto, rather someone who impostered Magneto, and also the Xorn identity.

So, it goes like this.

Guy comes along, pretends to be Xorn, pretending to be Magneto, but really is just someguy who's power is to "come back from the dead". Magento was never in NYC, never with the 'nano-sentinels' thing, but rather that other guy. The REAL Magneto was still in Genosha, under hiding.
I think I'm going to amass a rag-tag army of disaffected comic fans to storm the Marvel offices. That's truly awful.

Guijllons said:
I think I'm going to amass a rag-tag army of disaffected comic fans to storm the Marvel offices. That's truly awful.

Even worse - if I remember correctly, this was all revealed in regular dialogue. It couldn't have been more anticlimatic.

icemastertron said:

So, it goes like this.

Thank God for the UU. ;)

Goodwill said:
Still can't see how Sublime would be going after Xorn's brain if it didn't exist in the first place... Also, Magneto's healing powers were born out of the micro-sentinels? Hmm...

Yes and no. Magneto/Xorn's healing was a charade. He could only heal people who had been infected by nano-sentinels because he could use his magnetic powers to kill them, thus 'healing' them. He could also, using his magnetism, pull them out of people and implant them in others, as he did to Xavier and use them to get him walking again. He was never actually a healer, he just looked that way.

icemastertron said:

So, it goes like this.

If I were Grant Morrison I'd tell Marvel I'd never work for them again. This is about as creative as saying that his entire run was just a ****ing dream.

Oh wait, that's what House of M is... :wink:

This is despicable work from a company. Not only is it a stupid story, but it's retarded in the sense that this kind of story that was ubiquitous in the 90s and one, I had hoped, had died out before the 2000 make-over. :sick: :furious:

Well, Marvel banks off of what they got monet off of in the past. For X-Men, Magneto was a cash cow. I don't think they could find a suitable replacement for him on top of the villain food chain. Morrison really wrote Marvel into a corner... He had to be expecting that!

Goodwill said:
Morrison really wrote Marvel into a corner... He had to be expecting that!

No, the complete opposite, really. He completely reinvented the X-Men and offered the opportunity for a ton of new stories and ideas.

Read it before you knock it.

icemastertron said:
Um, no. That is NOT what House of M is. :roll:

Oh, it so is. When it ends, whatever parts of 616 continuity they don't want, can disappear because it was all part of Wanda's imagination. :D

icemastertron said:

So, it goes like this.

OMG That screws up everything Morrison did! :(
The story means **** if it wasn't magneto.

Last edited:
Yeah, well... look at this:

There will be more information in House of M about the "Magneto" who virtually destroyed New York near the end of Grant Morrison's New X-Men run. It has been speculated that the version of Magneto who acted as such and perhaps even posed as Xorn was a construct of the Scarlet Witch in her pre-Avengers Disassembled madness.
Nothing official, but we'll see.... :neutral:

So... in other words... it was all a dream.

THERE'S NO EMOTICON FOR WHAT I'M FEELING!

Latest posts

Back