Possible BKV X-Men stuff

Caduceus said:
Quite a bit. The attraction is basically "They're both gay so they must want each other" in my mind at least. It could be a lot better, but it could be a lot worse too.

The sad thing is that there are people who believe that. Not because they are both gay, necessarily, but because they have something like that in common. The same people that want everything connected like this (i.e. people who like that Gambit is the 3rd Summers brother or whatever) are generally the same people who need every minutia of everything explained. You know, like, say, Tony Stark having a brain growing in his whole body to explain why he's so smart. :roll:

UltimateE said:
The sad thing is that there are people who believe that. Not because they are both gay, necessarily, but because they have something like that in common. The same people that want everything connected like this (i.e. people who like that Gambit is the 3rd Summers brother or whatever) are generally the same people who need every minutia of everything explained. You know, like, say, Tony Stark having a brain growing in his whole body to explain why he's so smart. :roll:
um... I like Gambit as the third brother and absolutely agree with you about everything else... so... where am I here?

TheManWithoutFear said:
um... I like Gambit as the third brother and absolutely agree with you about everything else... so... where am I here?

An anomoly.

Caduceus said:
Quite a bit. The attraction is basically "They're both gay so they must want each other" in my mind at least. It could be a lot better, but it could be a lot worse too.

Like, "they're both gay, so they must have AIDS"

But yeah... thats not true *shifty eyes*

Not true at all...

Dr.Strangefate said:
Like, "they're both gay, so they must have AIDS"

But yeah... thats not true *shifty eyes*

Not true at all...

Bah, all of this is balonga, they don't even have a relationship yet, and you all are speculating that they are made for each other. As I said in another thread, They may very well hit it off in this arc, but they may find they're not anything alike (however they might). Just because they're gay and physically attracted to each other doesn't mean they'll work out.

Just for the record, I'm willing to bet the last pannel of this arc is Northstar kissing Colossus. :heart:

Hawkeye101 said:
Bah, all of this is balonga, they don't even have a relationship yet, and you all are speculating that they are made for each other. As I said in another thread, They may very well hit it off in this arc, but they may find they're not anything alike (however they might). Just because they're gay and physically attracted to each other doesn't mean they'll work out.

Yeah, I agree...

But I think you can make a case for the attraction being mutual, and Colossus being just a little uncomfortable with his feelings.

Notice that Bobby, is the one to let him know that Jean-Paul is coming, maybe Colossus has been telling people in private... *shrug*

we'll see.

Hawkeye101 said:
Just for the record, I'm willing to bet the last pannel of this arc is Northstar kissing Colossus. :heart:
There is no doubt in my mind that this will happen at one time or another.

Dr.Strangefate said:
Yeah, I agree...

But I think you can make a case for the attraction being mutual, and Colossus being just a little uncomfortable with his feelings.

Notice that Bobby, is the one to let him know that Jean-Paul is coming, maybe Colossus has been telling people in private... *shrug*

we'll see.

Ehhh, I don't that as it just seems out of character for Collossus. More likely, remember during The Tempest arc when Pete and Jean are at the hospital, and Northstar sort of flirts with him and he turns to steel? I assume Jean, knowing Northstar is attracted to Peter, might have mentioned it to the others on the team later on, perhaps joking, perhaps gossiping, whatever. But I find that more likely than Pete saying anything. He's just not like that. He's very much like your classic silent/strong type. Well, most of the time. There've been a few instances where this hasn't been the case, most notably when he almost "revealed his feelings to Wolverine" during the RoTK arc, but other than that can't really think of him being so open. I mean its pretty obvious the team knows he's gay, but is this because of him telling them openly or them just figuring out the obvious? And I also think the attraction is mutual, as Collossus's turning to steel form during the Tempest arc is an obvious sign of him getting defensive and caught off-guard, but not in a negative way.

There is no doubt of a mutual attraction between the two, but like straight people, attraction is just lust, they hardly know each other. Remember Colosuus has seem Jean-Paul ONCE. And the majority of the time, Jean-Paul was out-cold. Jean and Peter left once Jean-Paul woke up. It's just a lust.

Hawkeye101 said:
There is no doubt of a mutual attraction between the two, but like straight people, attraction is just lust, they hardly know each other. Remember Colosuus has seem Jean-Paul ONCE. And the majority of the time, Jean-Paul was out-cold. Jean and Peter left once Jean-Paul woke up. It's just a lust.

Well yeah, no one is saying its true love or any of that crap. But any attraction or relationship springs from lust, so its still relevant.

DIrishB said:
Well yeah, no one is saying its true love or any of that crap. But any attraction or relationship springs from lust, so its still relevant.

Yeah, I mean, have you -ever- seen a disney movie?

Well, aside from Beauty and the Beast... (a movie where a girl gets to KNOW a man before marraige?! How terrible!! hehe)

But then again, being gay, Hans Christian Anderson understood what true romance was. Hehe, I love the fact that Heterosexual romanticism was invented by homosexuals.

"It is better to have loved and lost than ever to have loved at all" was about gay relationships....

hee, but I shouldn't start going on that, because then i'll never stop.

Dr.Strangefate said:

Well, aside from Beauty and the Beast... (a movie where a girl gets to KNOW a man before marraige?! How terrible!! hehe)

But then again, being gay, Hans Christian Anderson understood what true romance was. Hehe, I love the fact that Heterosexual romanticism was invented by homosexuals.

"It is better to have loved and lost than ever to have loved at all" was about gay relationships....

Yeah, and no offence in any homophibic fashion, but I think I'd get bored listening to it all. :wink:

Dr.Strangefate said:

When I was a kid. I think the last Disney movie I saw was The Lion King, so its been awhile.

So just what is "true romance"? Besides my favorite Tony Scott film.

I'll take your word for it.

Wow, Doc, you really are a homo huh? ;) jk

DIrishB said:
So just what is "true romance"? Besides my favorite Tony Scott film.

I'm referencing that she actually spends time getting to know the beast before she falls in love with him

Wow, Doc, you really are a homo huh? ;) jk

The worst kind, a homo who knows his homo history :p

But back on topic....

I'm think we still have quite a bit to learn about Mystique, and I still wouldn't be surprised if she's been impersonating Emma Frost... And I do think my original theory on that continues to hold its ground, three issues into the story.

Dr.Strangefate said:
I'm referencing that she actually spends time getting to know the beast before she falls in love with him

I know, I was just getting all philosophical and slightly existential on you.

The worst kind, a homo who knows his homo history :p

Personally thats the best kind of anything, nothing worse than ignorance.

But back on topic....

I'm think we still have quite a bit to learn about Mystique, and I still wouldn't be surprised if she's been impersonating Emma Frost... And I do think my original theory on that continues to hold its ground, three issues into the story.

Could be. I'm very much looking forward to the impending surprises this arc will create.

DIrishB said:
I know, I was just getting all philosophical and slightly existential on you.

Personally thats the best kind of anything, nothing worse than ignorance.

Could be. I'm very much looking forward to the impending surprises this arc will create.

Magneto is Polaris's father, and her half-bro and sis are there.
Colossus getting a date with Northstar
Dazzler's last performance
Mystique=Nightcrawler's mom?
And who knows what else?

Hawkeye101 said:
Magneto is Polaris's father, and her half-bro and sis are there.

Could be, its shaping up that way. Perhaps part of Magneto's reason for setting up this whole thing (besides to break out of the Trikelion), is to bring Polaris under his leadership, because she is his daughter. While Mags isn't the best of father's, he obviously loves his kids in a sick, twisted way. I say this because otherwise Quicksilver and Wanda would both be dead by his hand instead of Pietro just getting shot in the knees. But he knows they still betrayed him, so he's let go of any notion of reconciliation, and moved on to bring Polaris under his wing. Plus he's the perfect teacher for someone with magnetic powers. Just a theory.

Colossus getting a date with Northstar

That wouldn't be too much of a surprise.

Dazzler's last performance

That would be though.

Mystique=Nightcrawler's mom?

I hope not. There's no need for that.

And who knows what else?

Turns out Magneto used to be a woman, but had a sex-change operation years ago. ;)

DIrishB said:
Turns out Magneto used to be a woman, but had a sex-change operation years ago. ;)

No! Not That! NOOOOOOOOO! :wink:

And he was one of the many 'harlots' who dated Xavier.

Latest posts

Back