Possible BKV X-Men stuff

TheManWithoutFear said:
He didn't leave to side with Magneto. He left to deal with his own personal problems. When the Ultimate X-Men started out Magneto's plan looked good to mutants, now it's established The Brotherhood are the bad guys. Colossus isn't gonna side with the villains just because he's sexually frustrated.

I think he was talking about 616 colossus.

And Colossus doesn't see the world as black and white, good and bad. He was the first X-man to kill of his own will (Jean killed the guy, but was forced), remember? He killed Xavier's son. AND he's a former Mafia strongman. Plus he's always been paranoid that Charles is making him do things and feel things, and he hasn't agreed with the man lately.

And I dont think Magneto is going to just form another Brotherhood, he wants a mutant utopia. He's going to create Avalon. Colossus joing Mags in 616 with MUCH more backstory and reason not too, because he agreed with the idea of Avalon. He didnt agree with Mags, and they had discussions about their philosophy. But if there's a place more suited to accept him than Xavier's, he's going to go there.

If he doesnt join Magneto, I'm betting he joins Frost. He's not happy with the X-men, and he'll want to leave.

With the Sexually Frustrated bit.... its not that he's sexually frustrated. He's as sexually frustrated as ANY single teen. Its the idea that being outed would/could turn some of his SUPERPOWERED friends against him... and I mean, thats extra scary for him, I'm sure. How would you like it if you were gay, and coming out the guy you liked (wolvie) might mean seeing his mean side? That'd suck. A lot.

So yeah...

Dr.Strangefate said:
With the Sexually Frustrated bit.... its not that he's sexually frustrated. He's as sexually frustrated as ANY single teen. Its the idea that being outed would/could turn some of his SUPERPOWERED friends against him... and I mean, thats extra scary for him, I'm sure. How would you like it if you were gay, and coming out the guy you liked (wolvie) might mean seeing his mean side? That'd suck. A lot.

So yeah...
Wolverine has alredy told him basicly "don't go there". Maybe Northstar was brought in for him. U Norhtstar could recruit him to Magneto's new group, whatever it may be.

And I do think that U Peter fits in more with Magneto than Xavier. He killed willingly, and I've got no doubt that Proteus wasn't the first time. He worked in Russian Orginized crime. Most of that was run by ex-KGB agents who after the fall of the USSR basicly took over small areas of the country. THey're not nice people and would do whatever they needed to. With that kind of background Peter would have had to kill before, or hav been killed himself. Remember when he first found out that Magneto was alive? He was shocked. The only safe route in his eyes was to kill him. I bet that this time Mags founds an Avalon style place for mutants, and as long as he's not threatening normal people Colossus would be the first one in line to join up.

Well, in the "Most Dangerous Game" arc, it was revealed that Colossus preferred the more hands-on approach as opposed to sitting back and just watching things happen. I think it's entirely realistic that Colossus left the X-Men for Magneto for this very reason. As brought up in another thread, I believe Magneto is a much more hands-on leader than Xavier, which could be suitable for even Colossus.

Goodwill said:
Well, in the "Most Dangerous Game" arc, it was revealed that Colossus preferred the more hands-on approach as opposed to sitting back and just watching things happen. I think it's entirely realistic that Colossus left the X-Men for Magneto for this very reason. As brought up in another thread, I believe Magneto is a much more hands-on leader than Xavier, which could be suitable for even Colossus.

If every "hands-on" guy jumped ship that would kill the dynamic of the team. Just because Colossus disagrees with the leader doesn't mean he disagrees with the masterplan.

He was internally struggling and he unleashed what was building inside of him on Xavier. If the conflict was inside of him and not necessarily with the leader, Xavier, I think he's got an even more legitimate reason to leave. If he's not satisfied in one place, he can't help but ask himself what it would be like to be on the other side... I'd buy it.

Brian, some more questions!

Who is your favorite Novelist? (living or dead)

***George Orwell.

Who is your favorite Comic Book Writer, other than yourself?

***Alan Moore.

Who is your favorite Artist who you have NOT worked with?

***Mazzuchelli.

When Magneto comes back, on a scale of one to ten, how angry will he be? Angry enough to start another war? or will he possible set up another Mutant Utopia like the Savage Land... Maybe Avalon or Asteroid M could make their appearences in some way?

***Stay tuned.

Will we be seeing familiar faces in magneto's allies, or will there be a whole new batch?

***Ditto.

Does this arc take place Before or After Ultimates 2 and Ultimate Galactus?

***During.

Where is Longshot? Is he simply gone for the rest of your run?

***Stay tuned.

Your answer to my question about Psylocke got me thinking... Is STRIKE going to get involved when SHIELD's Triskelion gets breached for the Third time? In that case, will we see The Union (Millar's term for the EU's Ultimates)?

***No plans right now, no.

Another Question from my last batch. It seems you're alluding to Sinister escaping.... and that Jean-Paul might appear again... any chance Jean-Paul and Essex might have another run-in?

***Stay tuned.

After seeing Warlock, I can't help but ask, where is Cypher? You should totally make him and X-man and have him defeat Magneto and save the World! With his..... Language powers.... Nevermind.

***Stay tuned?

Anything you wanted to do with the Ultimate X-Men during your run that the guys in charge shot down? Anything you simply didn't put in because of space constraint? Any chance of a return to the title after Singer does his run?

***No, the Ultimate office is awesome. I turned friggin' Longshot into a murderer! They've let me do anything.

What character do you think should be ultimized from the normal Marvel universe? If not yourself, who would you want to see tackle that character?

***I hope Bendis will play with Ultimate Cloak and Dagger.

Thanks again! I know i ask too many questions, but im a curious person.

***No prob!

Some Severe Evasion on Mr. Vaughn's behalf... Although It does look (to me) like we're going to see a batch of new mutant terrorists when Mags escapes... And It looks like Sinister is going to escape with Magneto... And this whole escaping business takes place DURING Ultimates 2 and Ultimate Galactus... I'm curious to see if they'll tie together at all...

Im also reading from that that we'll see Jean-Paul again, that'd be a character Mr.X2 might want to play with to spice things up a bit. Which is what I think he said he was going to do...

And normally I'd let Goody post his own but.....
Goodwill on BKV.tv said:
Hey, Brian... I'm checking in again to send you through the ringer (I'm getting good at that, huh?)

Anyway, Magneto's breaking out... Does that mean the more interesting Brotherhood members (Such as Multiple Man, Mastermind, Forge, and Blob) are coming with? I've been particularly missing Forge and Multiple Man because there's been a lot of potential in their appearances, but they've been locked up. Well?

***Sorry, man. That gets a big fat STAY TUNED!

Also, it's good to hear that you're writing the Annual... I'm looking forward to it! Is this going to focus more on Rogue since Juggernaut, a friend from her past, is showing up? If so, that's awesome, but I thought the Annual could've been a great oppurtunity for you to cover what you set up for Gambit's past. Are you going to touch on that?

***Stay tuned! You won't be disappointed.

One thing that has been bothering me lately is Colossus. I'm a straight male in my later teens failing to understand homosexuality and how it is used to put character's together... Now, there have been more than subtle hints about Colossus' preference and I'm wondering if it's going to be topped off. I mean, I hear that Marvel does not allow homosexual characters to have significant others and, my question is, if you can't have them grow into their new preference, why make them gay in the first place? What are you planning to do with him? I guess my problem does not lie with homosexuality (I don't mean to offend anyone here), it's more with Marvel being the way they are about it... I want to be able to be comfortable around homosexuality, because, as many people fail to see, it's not just gonna go away.

***As someone else points out in this thread, homosexuality isn't a preference, it's an orientation. As for Colossus, stay tuned.

Lastly, I've noticed a few things that you've left open in your arcs. I may be reading into things a bit, but I've noticed, you may be setting up a much larger battlefield for when Magneto returns. You've got Longshot creeping around the Savage Land, a character that is blatantly against humans, and you've hinted at Colossus' departure from the team and Northstar's return. Also, since the preview came out about Deathstrike and Storm, I've been suspecting that either she got her claws from the Fenris Twins or Weapon X... What can you tell me about the major players in Magnetic North? I mean, we've got Polaris, Havok, and Emma coming around, it's gotta be huge!

***It is indeed gonna be huge. And while I hate spoilers, I'll throw this out because you're such a loyal reader: We'll be seeing more of a certain cat in this arc...

WE'RE GETTING MYSTIQUE!!!!! HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!

(and Colossus development, but the big !!!! is Mystique)

Vaughan SERIOUSLY needs to work on his teasing skills. Maybe Millar can teach him something.

Cool news. Can't wait to...uh...stay tuned! :D

:) Wow, thanks for posting that Strangefate... I wouldn't have gotten around to that! Anyway, for something I didn't even ask about, I would say I made a haul on these questions.

Well, not completely. I would normally agree with you, but there has been a lot of stuff asked about Longshot and he turns out to be a different character than any of us ever suspected...

Goodwill said:
Well, not completely. I would normally agree with you, but there has been a lot of stuff asked about Longshot and he turns out to be a different character than any of us ever suspected...
Right. Hence "almost".... :roll:

Me at BKV.tv Forums said:
Some UXM questions...

If you can't say who your replacement will be, can you at least hint at what might be his/her approach to the title?
***Sorry, I can just say that s/he's great. Very cool plans for their first ish, and a BRILLIANT idea for Wolverine.

Is there more to Ms. Frost's Academy than meets the eye?
***Hm, stay tuned?

Is there another level to Ms. Frost we simply hasn't seen yet?
***Probably.

Will Mystique have any connection to Nightcrawler?
***NO. I always hated that characters had to be related just because they're blue.

If Polaris was actually the daughter of Magneto, who would know that information?
***Not you. :)

Is Thor still imprisoned during the Breakin?
***Yes, and that will be addressed.

Will we ever see Camp X-Factor again?
***Maybe.

Will there be new people staying at the X-Mansion at the end of your arc?
***There will be a different lineup. That's all I can say.

Is anything special going to happen with Jean-Paul?
***Yes.

What precisely is your role on the Bryan Singer run?
***Not clear right now. Depends on our schedules, but as I've said many times, they never needed me. Their story is incredible on its own.

Okay.

I am so freaking happy about something special happening with Jean-Paul, that I can't even say.... Unless that thing is dying. Because that would suck a whole lot of Muffins.

Here's what I think, Dazzler dies, Havok dies, War quits, Cyclops quits, Cannonball joins, Northstar joins. If I had more time i'd explain... but whatever.

and a big frownie for the last question :( :?

Dr.Strangefate said:
Okay.

I am so freaking happy about something special happening with Jean-Paul, that I can't even say.... Unless that thing is dying. Because that would suck a whole lot of Muffins.

Here's what I think, Dazzler dies, Havok dies, War quits, Cyclops quits, Cannonball joins, Northstar joins. If I had more time i'd explain... but whatever.

and a big frownie for the last question :( :?

I like that Thor's imprisonment will be addressed in the Magnetic North arc and at least that little bit of inkling about his replacement and their Wolverine idea.

Latest posts

Back