Re: PrisonBreak

I'm no longer rating this show until I get a bad episode.

So glad it's back. Such a kick *** episode.

Veronica and what'shisface almost gettin' blown to bits was awesome. I knew that poor neighbor was in for it as soon as he insisted on helping. There's no way the guy is a good guy he's gotta be sent to watch her and make sure she doesn't get so far but he's gonna turn sometime later on her.

Westmoreland's subplot was interesting. I didn't really get what Michael was saying to him about the plane and the car and I want more of it if it was going anywhere. But the cat being dead definitely felt bad for him. And Bellick was a big ball of "oh, I feel sorry for him/what a jerk" combo that I love his character.

Lincoln's interview with the "reporter"... crazy! Why? Because it was a fat black lady threatening him. I was in shock as she was doing it. I mean you'd expect them to cast some business type suit to do it. I saw it coming but just the way they did it made it a really great scene.

The family murdered was awesome and the step-dad helping the kid out at the end was a good way to redeem the character from the previous episode. The phone picture at the end was great and I can't wait to see Fugitive Jr. in more episodes.

The scene with Michael with Dr. Trancredi was comedic. But she's not quite getting what he's actually about. Her dialogue about "helping him" in a sense that he's an inmate proves she's ignorant to the fact that he's not completely a criminal mind that an inmate should be.

This just keeps adding more twists and baggage it's so heavy and so great.

All of it was just beautifully done. I think some things to keep in mind are:

The Secret Service Agents are not being truthful with The Vice President. This is going to lead them into desperate actions trying to find Lincoln's kid and when Veronica comes back into public light they're gonna have to get her too.

The kid T-Bag's bringing around with him wasn't focused on for nothing when they carried the one inmate T-Bag framed away. He's probably gonna **** T-Bag over and/or complicate the escape plan.

TheManWithoutFear said:
The kid T-Bag's bringing around with him wasn't focused on for nothing when they carried the one inmate T-Bag framed away. He's probably gonna **** T-Bag over and/or complicate the escape plan.

I completely agree. If there's anything this show has proven, is that it does a great job of expanding what at first seem to be minor, obscure, and temporary characters, like T-Bag, the guy helping out Veronica, and now LJ. I'm looking forward to seeing what they're going to do with this kid. Because all the characters on the show have their own backstories and subplots following them around, and T-Bag is definitely not going to be the exception.

Overall, another great episode. Great and startling revelation at the end. Looking forward to next week, as usual.

Oh. My. God.

That was incredible. I'll leave it to The Man Without Fear to take care of the full review, but here were some of the things I enjoyed this week:

-Veronica and LJ uniting. Finally something is happening in their favor. However, I was a little disappointed in the writers for expecting us to assume that there wasn't going to be a plot twist involving the cell phone, because, come on: You've got incredibly intelligent lawyers here; they're going to know all about cell phone tracing.

-The character of "Tweener." Yes, even though most of his lines were cheesy and poorly-acted, it was some fine comic relief. Hopefully, though, they'll never use him again.

-T-Bag finally being put in his place. I'm so glad to see Scofield have the upper hand now.

-the return of the drug dealer from the pilot. Nice continuity move there.

-the previews for next week. Wow.

-the fact that right after the episode, my local station's news promos showed a headline featuring a man breaking out of prison today. Haha, coincidence?

And I knew there was going to be something semi-important happening involving T-Bag's "friend." Happened a little sooner than expected, though.

So now there's been a major shift in power. Abruzzi's out of comission, T-Bag's lost his blackmailing potential, and Veronica and Nick have finally outsmarted the Secret Service.

I really love this show.

I'm so tired...

Anyway I give this episode a 4/5. Why? Because I realized something. You can't make the best better.

The episode wasn't as good as everything but it was still pretty great.

T-Bag's ***** killed himself. That was sad. I felt more for that death then LJ's parents last episode.

I like the new kid, Tweener. I think it's a perfect example of how white kids should not act black to look tough. I think we will be seeing more of him and there's going to be an interesting feud between him and T-Bag.

Abruzzi's subplot is very interesting. His world outside is falling apart and I think he's most likely to make desperate decisions if things keep up this way for him. He can definitely hold his own better than anyone. Best actor on the show too.

Fernando's subplot has to be explored soon. It's becoming stagnant and he's too good of a character to waste. Bellick's busting his balls was pretty funny though.

Bellick. Has come off as a jerk but I think this is the first time he's shown anyform of corruption. I think he's more interesting without taking dirty money but oh well...

The doctor's still hott and her finding pyschological "problems" with Michael was pretty cool. But it turned out to be nothing significant other than michael has a hero complex.

LJ/Veronica... yeah great they're safe until next week when they're found and they have to run. It's sorta cool but again uninteresting because I'd rather see Lincoln get broken out then Veronica pull through and save him.

Next week looks good.

4.5/5

Last night's episode was great. I think that this is one of the few shows FOX has done right. What else can I say, with the two posts before me have not, besides my opinion?

Truly a master work for a show, and I can't wait for more. I await each episode with anticipation. This is the only show out of 3 or so that make my heart literally beat fast while watching.

icemastertron said:
Truly a master work for a show, and I can't wait for more. I await each episode with anticipation. This is the only show out of 3 or so that make my heart literally beat fast while watching.

What are the other two? I'm guessing 24, the only other good FOX show. Can't wait till next season

Last edited:

Random said:
What are the other two? I'm guessing 24, the only other good FOX show. Can't wait till next season
Yes, 24- ALL the time. And Supernatural- most of the time.

Last edited:

Kiefer Delays The "Prison Break"
Posted: Tuesday November 1st, 2005 4:18pm
Source: USA Today
Author: Garth Franklin

Late Summer, FOX launched its serial thriller "Prison Break" as essentially a place holder until the arrival of the fifth season of "24". With its slot as the first new drama of the season to premiere, the network had hopes it would do enough to last out its run and then the Kiefer Sutherland juggernaut could move in.

Then a surprise came - it did well, very well. Ok maybe not "House" or "24" at its peak well, but certainly enough to raise eyebrows. Its pilot scored 10.5 million viewers, a great number which the network was very happy with but many expected it drop significantly once more regular scheduled programming returned on other networks.

It didn't. Despite a recent three-week hiatus for a dismally rating baseball world series, "Prison Break" has dropped less than 5-10% of its viewer numbers from its strong pilot - managing 9.2 million on average before the hiatus, whilst its first episode back scored 9.8 million viewers. However, even with a loyal fanbase built, it now looks like the network might ruin it.

Why? Its time for "24" to move back into that timeslot. "Prison Break" goes on hiatus again on November 28th along with most shows as they take their Christmas/New Year break. Instead of returning it mid-January in a new timeslot though, a rep from the network revealed to USA Today that the final nine episodes of the season will be pushed all the way back to May to air over the Summer. The question remains, will the audience still be around?

:shifty:

:scared:

:arrgh:

NOOOOOO!!!!!

TheManWithoutFear said:
You're banned from existance. Goodbye.
Awww, no fair.

But seriously, they can move the FOX news at 10 to 11 until Prison Break is over.The reruns of Sex and the city and Everyone Loves Raymond ain't gonna be missed. Not by me.

Ugh, I read something similiar to that the other day. This is total bull****.

Nice to know that FOX never had any confidence in the show. Just comes to show you what genius minds operate that network.

Well hey 24 or Prison Break either way we win, Though I am a huge 24 fan we should finish this season of Prison Break first.

Damn. Everytime I think something will go one way, it goes the other. Sweet, sweet episode.

And next week-

WO! :shock:

icemastertron said:
Damn. Everytime I think something will go one way, it goes the other. Sweet, sweet episode.

And next week-

WO! :shock:
Especially true for this episode. I was so sure Veronica's partner was working for the mob until it was revealed Schofield was playing them the entire time. The Mr. Nixesque character. Badass!

4/5

Another solid episode.

It's amazing how they've gone from an incredibly vague and simple pilot to series where just about every character and plot point from that first episode has been expanded on. They did a really good job wrapping up the mob storyline. However, I'm hoping that we'll see more of Sucre and T-Bag next week. They were pretty much MIA for the better part of the episode this week, and it's never good to drop some of the key players.

One thing I'm not happy about is how the pharmacy man has been added to the team of diggers. Five people was enough for them to stage a prison break, and we've already seen how the whole thing can get complicated when T-Bag was added on, so there's really no reason for a new member to get added to the ensemble.

Oh well, I still enjoyed tonight's episode anyway, and I'm looking forward to seeing the remaining three episodes of the fall season.

Latest posts

Back