Re: PrisonBreak *Spoilers*

DIrishB said:
March?!? Holy crap. Four month break between episodes? I am just not understanding the executives who make these decisions. They're going to lose a huge portion of the audience this show garnered because people will forget or just not care by the time it comes back on. Studio executives are all dumbasses. Need proof? See Glitter.
Reason is because this was filling the space until 24 came back in Jan. And the best open spot they found was in March, on whatever day/time they chose.

It's going to be on Monday nights at 8 p.m. starting in March, teaming up with 24 to become the most THRILLING night of television.

Don't know what day it comes back on, though. Something tells me it's the 20th. But I do not even know if that is a Monday or not.

DIrishB said:
They should just take The OC off the air and give Prison Break its time slot.

And have it go up against Joey, Will & Grace, Smallville, and Survivor?

Not the best scheduling move.

DIrishB said:
So I downloaded the first 13 episodes and sat down yesterday afternoon and watched through them. I was impressed. Really cool show, and I'm looking forward to seeing where the show goes from here. But I wasn't surprised they didn't get escape yet. After all, the show is called Prison Break...do you really think they'd have them achieve their goal mid-way through the first season? Anyway, looking forward to more of it. By the way, when do new episodes start airing again?

Well getting out is just the first part of a prison break, the second part is where to go, and the guy definitely have plans for that. After the break it the show would take more of a fugitive feel, plus they also have to resolve the conspiracy.

DIrishB said:
March?!? Holy crap. Four month break between episodes? I am just not understanding the executives who make these decisions. They're going to lose a huge portion of the audience this show garnered because people will forget or just not care by the time it comes back on. Studio executives are all dumbasses. Need proof? See Glitter.

Well they didnt plan it would be such a hit, recall the number of FOX shows that have not faired so well? Their in the hundreds. So the plan was to try it out just until 24 comes, but it was a success and they even considered holding off 24 until the season ended. Besides most shows do have a mid season break to spread out the new episodes and also to capitalize on sweeps weeks in May and November

Pandrio said:
Are the ratings too tight?

:lol:

And it's still a bad idea.

Definitly. Because any ratings this show was getting before are going to decrease (I'm only assuming, but pretty safely) due to that long break. Its just another stupid decision on the part of FOX, who only tend to push and keep the mostly crappy, all-been-done-before type of shows.

Random said:
Well getting out is just the first part of a prison break, the second part is where to go, and the guy definitely have plans for that. After the break it the show would take more of a fugitive feel, plus they also have to resolve the conspiracy.

True enough, but the show is called Prison Break. We already got The Fugitive (twice on TV, and once as a movie).

Well they didnt plan it would be such a hit, recall the number of FOX shows that have not faired so well? Their in the hundreds. So the plan was to try it out just until 24 comes, but it was a success and they even considered holding off 24 until the season ended. Besides most shows do have a mid season break to spread out the new episodes and also to capitalize on sweeps weeks in May and November

NOT A FOUR MONTH LONG BREAK THOUGH!!! The only time that happens is BETWEEN seasons, aka the Summer repeat season. Its a stupid decision, especially if this show is actually getting good ratings (which I don't know if it is or not, but it was implied).

DIrishB said:
Definitly. Because any ratings this show was getting before are going to decrease (I'm only assuming, but pretty safely) due to that long break. Its just another stupid decision on the part of FOX, who only tend to push and keep the mostly crappy, all-been-done-before type of shows.
4 months. The same as between seasons. Yes, the season ain't exactly over, but this is the "fall season", as they said. So its not THAT different.

DIrishB said:
True enough, but the show is called Prison Break. We already got The Fugitive (twice on TV, and once as a movie).

actually twice as a movie and thing is that only solidifies it as prison break, because once they break out its not like "yay were free" and walk away into the sunset. There's alot more they have to do to avade the authorties. I said it will take on a fugitive feel not replicate the show fugitive, and the recent fugitive show failed as I recalled and both did not have a group of fugitives who are at odds with each other and are being chased by a force that is manipulating the government and using all of its resources.

Also I'l go a step further in this arguement and mention the movie Escape From Alcatraz (cause I have a feeling some one will) where in the end they escape and nothing of their "fugitive days" are shown, And that is because its base off a true story and no one knows what happened to them.

NOT A FOUR MONTH LONG BREAK THOUGH!!! The only time that happens is BETWEEN seasons, aka the Summer repeat season. Its a stupid decision, especially if this show is actually getting good ratings (which I don't know if it is or not, but it was implied).

South Park does as I recall, and I think the Simpsons, possibly Family Guy, and I think 24 did except for last season and this upcoming one, but 24 did have double the normal amount of a season so the break probably wasnt that long, and those are the only shows I pay attension to. Though I could be wrong

Last edited:

icemastertron said:
4 months. The same as between seasons. Yes, the season ain't exactly over, but this is the "fall season", as they said. So its not THAT different.

Fall ended with November.

Random said:
actually twice as a movie and thing is that only solidifies it as prison break, because once they break out its not like "yay were free" and walk away into the sunset. There's alot more they have to do to avade the authorties. I said it will take on a fugitive feel not replicate the show fugitive, and the recent fugitive show failed as I recalled and both did not have a group of fugitives who are at odds with each other and are being chased by a force that is manipulating the government and using all of its resources.

Its called Prison Break, like I said, so one would assume it focuses on them breaking out of prison. I'm sure we'll get a bit of wrap-up in terms of after them escaping, but not a half season's worth. Also, once they break out, the guys aren't all going to stay together. They're going to go their seperate ways, not stick together and "hang out" or whatever. Michael and Lincoln will probably stick together, but thats it. And honestly, you know they're going to be exonerated because Veronica is going to prove Lincoln was set up. How that'll affect Michael's sentence is beyond me, but I'm sure they'll pull some excuse out of the hat.

Also I'l go a step further in this arguement and mention the movie Escape From Alcatraz (cause I have a feeling some one will) where in the end they escape and nothing of their "fugitive days" are shown, And that is because its base off a true story and no one knows what happened to them.

Yup, seen it a hundred times. Its also nothing was shown after the escape because its thought they drowned in the long swim from Alcatraz to the shore, and their bodies were never found due to a strong off-current which might have dragged them out to sea.

And this is unrelated but I thought I'd mention it. In the 6th and 7th episodes they were experiencing a heat wave, which in part led to the riot. A few episodes later they were all dressed in jackets and wool caps, and you could see their breath, implying it was cold. Since the first 13 episodes all happend over a span of only about 3 weeks, that means within a couple days they went from having the temperatures in the 100 degree area to cold enough to see breath, which must be under 50 degrees. Hmmmmm...

Also, I noticed the town that Fox River is located in is called Joliet. Could this be the same town/area the prison Jake was paroled from in Blues Brothers is located? After all, both are in Illinois.

Last edited:

DIrishB said:
Fall ended with November.
Actually, fall doesn't end until the first official day of Winter. :wink:

But the show's "fall season finale" ended Nov. 28th.

icemastertron said:
Actually, fall doesn't end until the first official day of Winter. :wink:

Ummm, isn't the first day of Winter sometime in the beginning of December?

But the show's "fall season finale" ended Nov. 28th.

That makes sense. But it wasn't a season finale, just the half-way point. I'm locked into a battle of semantics with you now, Ice!

DIrishB said:
Ummm, isn't the first day of Winter sometime in the beginning of December?
If its not officially winter, still fall.

DIrishB said:
But it wasn't a season finale, just the half-way point.
Hence why it was in quotes. Duh.

Last edited:

DIrishB said:
Yup, seen it a hundred times. Its also nothing was shown after the escape because its thought they drowned in the long swim from Alcatraz to the shore, and their bodies were never found due to a strong off-current which might have dragged them out to sea.

No actually there are many reports and witnesses who claim they did survive. There's more evidence proving they are alive than dead.

They also have it planned out for two seasons, so how are they going to strech the core prison break for another season and a half?

Last edited by a moderator:

TheManWithoutFear said:
First Day of Winter is December 21st, also known as the Winter Solstice, The shortest day of the year. There's your science lesson for today kids. Back to Prison Break.

Ok, there we go then.

Random said:
No actually there are many reports and witnesses who claim they did survive. There's more evidence proving they are alive than dead.

That's not evidence, just reports of people saying they thought they saw them. If that were evidence, Elvis and UFO sightings would be taken as fact.

They also have it planned out for two seasons, so how are they going to strech the core prison break for another season and a half?

Uh, you did see the last episode, right? They were still in the prison, no way out? Like I said, the most likely answer is Lincoln will get a stay of execution due to Veronica uncovering enough evidence of his innocence to justify it. Thereby they're not on as much of a deadline. He is supposed to die the next day after what we've seen so far, so I doubt the rest of the series is going to take place only over that day.

Latest posts

Back