Promethea

I have finished it all expect issue 32.

I loved her new red look.

And the lost realm. The Pi thing, the lost planet, the abyss. That had to be the greatest thing I ever read. It made so much sense.

The issue with the Promethea's fighting in the past and now was great. I knew that was going to happen.

I was touched when Sophie and her mom made up.

I'm kinda of disappointed with the apocalypse. It wasn't what I expected. But it wasn't bad in any way. But how did Sophie become black all of a sudden.

This might be the greatest thing I ever read in my life. It's so deep on so many levels.

Everyone and their dog should read this.

Yeah, I was trying to find a good trade to get tomorrow and after re-reading Promethea Vol. 1 and looking up some reviews of the rest of the series, I've decided to get Vol. 2 (Over Animal Man Vol. 2 and Doom Patrol Vol. 3, both of which I really need to get back to).

Now here's my new problem: I've got my first newspaper story of the new school year due next Tuesday and I need to write something up this weekend. I'd like to do it on Promethea, but I obviously won't be able to read the whole story for awhile. Those of you who have read the whole thing, do you think I could do a competent review just based off of the first 12 issues?

moonmaster said:
Yeah, I was trying to find a good trade to get tomorrow and after re-reading Promethea Vol. 1 and looking up some reviews of the rest of the series, I've decided to get Vol. 2 (Over Animal Man Vol. 2 and Doom Patrol Vol. 3, both of which I really need to get back to).

Now here's my new problem: I've got my first newspaper story of the new school year due next Tuesday and I need to write something up this weekend. I'd like to do it on Promethea, but I obviously won't be able to read the whole story for awhile. Those of you who have read the whole thing, do you think I could do a competent review just based off of the first 12 issues?

hmmmmm... I want to say no. Unless you read the sex issue.

hmmmmm... I want to say no. Unless you read the sex issue.

No.

Not even a little.
Bass said he thought I could, but after reading Vol. 2 I realize that reviewing it before I'm done would simply be an injustice. I wrote one on WE3 instead, but I'm hoping to make a mad dash to get the last three volumes for my next review.

So, Vol. 2...This book keeps getting better and better. The sex issue and the Tarot issue were just incredible. I'm speechless.

Question about Volume 5: I've read about the format of #32 and I'm wondering how it's collected in the trade. Weren't there two poster versions and one comic version? Are they all collected in Vol. 5?

Bass said he thought I could, but after reading Vol. 2 I realize that reviewing it before I'm done would simply be an injustice. I wrote one on WE3 instead, but I'm hoping to make a mad dash to get the last three volumes for my next review.

So, Vol. 2...This book keeps getting better and better. The sex issue and the Tarot issue were just incredible. I'm speechless.

Question about Volume 5: I've read about the format of #32 and I'm wondering how it's collected in the trade. Weren't there two poster versions and one comic version? Are they all collected in Vol. 5?

I would guess only the comic version would be collected in the trade.

From what I understand they have the pull out poster and the normal comic verison included.

You think the sex issue was incredible you should wait until they visit the lost planet.

What I love about this series is that most of the ideas are so out there but still easy to understand. It doesn't seem to out there to be confusing. The ending kinda of put me off. It wasn't I expected for sure.

Last edited:
Volumes 3 and 4.

I'm not even sure how to tell you what I think of this series anymore. This book is changing my life. Reading it is a religious experience. Literally. It's become my Bible. If someone were to ask me what I believe in, I'd hand them Promethea. I'm not ashamed to say that I almost cried one or two times the other night. Promethea affects me that much. It's so transcendently brilliant.

The world would be an infinitely better place if everyone could read Promethea (Remind me to save that line for my review).

From what I understand they have the pull out poster and the normal comic verison included.
I checked at the comic book store yesterday. It does.

This book is so beautiful on so many levels. There is not a single comic out there like this. It all is very deep and easy to understand.

I read Volume 5 last night. What an end. If you haven't read Promethea, your life is incomplete.

When Promethea was talking directly to you and reaches out to hold your hand, I felt my hand actually get warmer all of the sudden. I'm not kidding.

I love this book. Alan Moore is a gift to humanity.

Expect the best comic review I've ever written in about a week.

Last edited:
I read Volume 5 last night. What an end. If you haven't read Promethea, your life is incomplete.

When Promethea was talking directly to you and reaches out to hold your hand, I felt my hand actually get warmer all of the sudden. I'm not kidding.

I love this book. Alan Moore is a gift to humanity.

Expect the best comic review I've ever written in about a week.

I was a little underwhelmed by the ending but it was one of the best things I read in my life.

Promethea is great, but I'm not sure if I'm deserving enough to be able to understand it completely.

Since I've got a lot of money from my birthday, and I want to spend some of it, I might order all 5 TPBs of Promethea from Amazon via UC. :D It's a lot cheaper than buying them from a store here, goddamn NZ ripperofferers.

Since I now have all of the trades, I was wondering if the poster version of #32 is supposed to be ripped out? Or is it supposed to stay in the book, and you just pull it out and turn the book over?

Damn Alan Moore making my brain hurt, which I heard he hates doing.

I finished Promethea today.

Gorgeous. Beautiful. Amazing. Magnificent.

That last page, with Promethea talking about how the dance has been wonderful... my body went all tingly.

This book is magic.

I finally started the Promethea Vol. 1 TPB I picked up at the comic con a couple months ago.

How cool is this book? It's so refreshingly original - I would recommend it to anyone, and I'm only 4 issues in.

The part in issue 2 (I think) where the demon gives the cab driver the gun - awesome.

The whole concept is cool...after reading some of the crap I've read lately it's nice to see something actually innovative for a change.

Thanks to Proj and Moonie for pimping this relentlessly.

I finally started the Promethea Vol. 1 TPB I picked up at the comic con a couple months ago.

How cool is this book? It's so refreshingly original - I would recommend it to anyone, and I'm only 4 issues in.

The part in issue 2 (I think) where the demon gives the cab driver the gun - awesome.

The whole concept is cool...after reading some of the crap I've read lately it's nice to see something actually innovative for a change.

I'm currently reading through the entire America's Best Comics line, and I'm sure you'll love the other titles in there as well. Check them out when you're done.

I'm currently reading through the entire America's Best Comics line, and I'm sure you'll love the other titles in there as well. Check them out when you're done.

I've got a few other things to get through first (including 4 TPBs of Moore's Swamp Thing) but I definitely will.

I read all the ABC titles from the start (almost 8 years now? God.) and I really liked all of them. At the end I kind of last track of a few of them due to their delays (you think the UU is bad), but I always kept up with the Tom Strong books. I don't know why they even ended the regualr Tom Strong series. I liked seeing the guest writers and artists every issue. Not as much as I liked Moore, but it was still fun and interesting.

And Promethea was my favorite at first but somehow I lost track of it. I think I missed an issue and just didn't buy it after that. I will be getting the trades though.

It doesn't go anywhere but up. Seriously. I got the first volume and it took me months to feel the motivation to pick up the second. It hadn't struck me very much.

Within a month of getting Volume 2, I had bought the entire series. I could not read it fast enough.

Latest posts

Back