Promethea

The sex issue was the dejavu one, correct? I read that in an airport, and some little kid behind me was laughing at me. The mother called me a pervert. It was a good read though.

The sex issue was the dejavu one, correct? I read that in an airport, and some little kid behind me was laughing at me. The mother called me a pervert. It was a good read though.

Not sure what you mean by deja vu...it was the one where Sophie wanted to learn about magic and the guy agreed but only if he could have sex with Promethea, and it turned out that even though he was old and dirty he was a total stud.

Not sure what you mean by deja vu...it was the one where Sophie wanted to learn about magic and the guy agreed but only if he could have sex with Promethea, and it turned out that even though he was old and dirty he was a total stud.

Because it was occupying different parts of time. They could hear Sophie outside talking to her friend while doing it.

Because it was occupying different parts of time. They could hear Sophie outside talking to her friend while doing it.

Riiiight...

What are you explaining? I was just telling him which issue I was talking about.

I just finished Absolute Promethea Book 1 last night, and issue #12 blew me away. What an incredible piece of writing. The sex issue (#10 I think) was amazing too.

All I could think afterword is that there is no way Loeb has ever read this book, because if he had he would be ashamed to write the books he writes.

My feelings too in all regards. Except I didn't think about Loeb afterwards (though I agree with your sentiment).

My feelings too in all regards. Except I didn't think about Loeb afterwards (though I agree with your sentiment).

The line of thinking goes something like this:

"Wow, that was amazing."

"Why can't all comics be this good?"

"Oh, right - because of people like Loeb."

"Loeb can't possibly have read this book because there's no way he would put out the crap that he does afterward."

Latest posts

Back