PS3 Discussion

Re: PS3 release date and price revealed!

sjmole said:
actually it's not just nintendo. Sure they have done alot but let's not forget sega.

Master system , mega drive / genersiss if in usa , saturn , dream cast and more. People think nintendo did everything first at it annoys me.

Sega game = coloured hand hold and had a tv adaptor.

Years later nintedo made gameboy colour and years after that a tv adaptor for the gba.

Sega made an adaptor for mega drive to play master system so were the first (or at least one of the first) to do backwards compatibility.

Sega dream cast had online

The fact is it was the console wars with sega vs nintendo that made games what they are. Then sony came along and changed what games were with the Psone using cd's while nintendo thought "cd's will never catch on lets stick with cartrages"

creid gose for to nintendo for a lot of stuff they deserve that's fine but come on. People talk about nintendo as if NO other company has done anything.

But Sega sucked when it came to marketing so screw sega

slimjim said:
Moony you're sounding like the video game version of a christian fundamentalist.

atari 2600 and calico vision
They were popular for a while and then they dropped off of the radar. That's when people started proclaiming consoles as a trend. The NES is what saved them.
DS outsells PSP....in japan.
I'm pretty sure its the same in America.

J. Agamemnon said:
But Sega sucked when it came to marketing so screw sega

Spoken like a nintedo fan boy LOL

J. Agamemnon said:
I look at it this way...GC came out and I had like 12 games within 3-4 months. PS2 came out and I had 12 games within the first 2 years. My point being that Nintendo puts out better games faster than Sony does. Xbox had all those stupid outlaw golf,tennis, volleyball. At least with mario volleyball you're gonna sit there and enjoy it. What is Sony gonna have...Gran Turismo 7 and the handling is still gonna be a b!tch to get used to. Xbox doesn't even have a halo game to come out yet. All it had was call of duty and king kong. Wow king kong. ps3 is gonna also have 2 games come out while you're gonna have at least a Zelda, Mario, SSB 3 which are all the heavy hitters, not to mention the classic video game downloads available. I think they also have a metroid in the works. I like all the system so don't get me biased.... but I think Revolution is coming outta the gate stronger and more original than ever.

Ps2 came out it also had EVERY psone game out as possible games. Also you seem to be confusing quality with quantaty. Nintendo had more games but most of sucked.

The Wii is not the original. Buying games from the console Xbox 360 has that so did the console Phantom. Movemernt controler? Ps3 has that and was prooven to come up with it first. Nintendo dose not make good games anymore. They just take games people enjoy from other consoles slap mario on it or pokemon and say it's "original"

X-box 360 and Ps3 do not try to be "orignial" so bad. They take the console from the year before and improve it the way the fans would like. True 360 has no halo game yet but that is because that is a smart move. They are the only next gen console out yet so they wait. Ps3 and Wii come out. the console wars start then BANG halo comes out.

Biggest problem ps3 has is it's price but people will pay if they want it.

Nintendo = kids console
ps3+360 = teens/adult consoles.

Now you like nintendo and I can respect that but don't go thinking it is the greatest thing since slice bread because it's not.

Nintendo is like the old family horse. Every has a special place in there hearts for it but everyone deep down realises it's passed it. someone needs to take the horse to the back of the sheds and pull the trigger before it becomes but a shell of it's former self that is useless.

AND FOR ME, B!TCH....just kidding, i deal with enough figures at work as it is.....*sighs*

sjmole said:
Spoken like a nintedo fan boy LOL

Ps2 came out it also had EVERY psone game out as possible games. Also you seem to be confusing quality with quantaty. Nintendo had more games but most of sucked.

The Wii is not the original. Buying games from the console Xbox 360 has that so did the console Phantom. Movemernt controler? Ps3 has that and was prooven to come up with it first. Nintendo dose not make good games anymore. They just take games people enjoy from other consoles slap mario on it or pokemon and say it's "original"

X-box 360 and Ps3 do not try to be "orignial" so bad. They take the console from the year before and improve it the way the fans would like. True 360 has no halo game yet but that is because that is a smart move. They are the only next gen console out yet so they wait. Ps3 and Wii come out. the console wars start then BANG halo comes out.

Biggest problem ps3 has is it's price but people will pay if they want it.

Nintendo = kids console
Aww now moony's going to come cry and give his "Kiddy games are better than games where you kill hookers" speech. This whole arguement's been done before:?

slimjim said:
I seriously doubt those figures.
sjmole said:

Nintendo is unoriginal?! Really? :lol: Wow, you are seriously deluded.

And it hasn't been "proven" that Sony created the movement controller first. You just said that some guy on a message board said it. See, there's this thing that people do. Its called lying.
Nintendo = kids console
No, see its more like:
Nintendo=Console for people with good taste who actually know what good gameplay is.
PS3 and 360=Console for idiots who are suckered into spending $600 dollars for the same damn system they already have.

I bought a Gamecube for one game. Metal Gear Solid.

I only have two other games for it. Hulk and X-men Legends and that's cause my PS2 broke.

slimjim said:
Aww now moony's going to come cry and give his "Kiddy games are better than games where you kill hookers" speech. This whole arguement's been done before:?
CALLED IT!! Someone's getting defensive and catching feelings.

Keep saying nintendo not for children but you're acting like one, calling other people 6 year olds and idiots for having a differnt opinion.

slimjim said:
Oh, you kill hookers in video games. You're so adult! Oh how I marvel at your sincere maturity! Grand Theft Auto and its ilk were designed for people like you: Kids who feel the need to show everyone how mature they are so people will take them seriously. Isn't it funny how immature people are so in love with "mature" video games. Grow up and realize that shooting cops in a videogame doesn't make you an adult.

slimjim said:
CALLED IT!! Someone's getting defensive and catching feelings.

Keep saying nintendo not for children but you're acting like one, calling other people 6 year olds and idiots for having a differnt opinion.
I'm not mad that you have a different opinion, I'm mad because the blandness and unoriginality of Sony and Microsoft is going to kill the game industry. They've forgotten about what game making is really about and all they want now is every cent in your wallet. Its truly depressing.

Resident Evil is one of the main games of Nintendo. That's not a kid game. It's like saying Disney make only kid movies. Some of those movies kick ***.

Last edited:
moonmaster said:
And it hasn't been "proven" that Sony created the movement controller first. You just said that some guy on a message board said it. See, there's this thing that people do. Its called lying.

Here a copy of a sony interview

"ony might let gamers control the PS3 the way Tom Cruise controlled the computer in Minority Report...

SCEE vice president Phil Harrison recently spoke with the Australian Financial Review. He revealed to the publication that Sony is currently investigating the use of motion sensing technology for their next-generation console. Furthermore, the motion sensing digital camera, EyeToy, and its associated games have actually been used as a preliminary test for the technology. Most would probably agree that Sony's early test was a success -- certainly sales of the EyeToy in Europe would seem to indicate that.

"EyeToy was a signpost for things in the future. If you can attach very high-resolution, low-cost video cameras you can deduce some quite interesting things about their users. We'll be able to extrapolate eye movement and gestural recognition, more complicated finger movement, and the logical next step of that is to deduce from a person's facial expression and demeanour what their emotion state is," said Mr. Harrison.

Harrison then went on to discuss even cooler possibilities, such as new menu systems that could be controlled by gamers simply waving a hand in a certain direction. He compared it to the futuristic computer database used by Tom Cruise in the film Minority Report. Of course, just because Sony is working on these features doesn't mean they're a lock for the PS3. Nevertheless, it's great to hear about some of the ideas swirling around at Sony's R&D."

That is just one old interview. Sony had made other when sony made ps2 they made eye toy to see if gamers were ready for movement in consoles. then ps3 they reailsed they were so the added a tilt type tecnlogy to the controler.

You also laugheed at me saying nintendo is not that original. Give me some ways they are original and I'll prove it's not.

moonmaster said:
Oh, you kill hookers in video games. You're so adult! Oh how I marvel at your sincere maturity! Grand Theft Auto and its ilk were designed for people like you: Kids who feel the need to show everyone how mature they are so people will take them seriously. Isn't it funny how immature people are so in love with "mature" video games. Grow up and realize that shooting cops in a videogame doesn't make you an adult.

Actually theres more to gta than killing hookers. There are missions , reffrences and lil in jokes to movies like the godfather , scareface now I'm sorry they were not as good movies as your mario movie :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: but alot of adults like them.

I like gta not because i kill hookers i like been in an interactive free roam invroment mixed with high speed car chases and reffrences to stuff I enjoy.

Now you could say all mario is walking jumping getting "magic mushrooms" been big , walking jumping walking jumping walking jumping but we dont. why because we can apreachate the mario fanbase.

HEY, do you remember the Nintendo power glove, wireless controller, running pad for track and field game, duck hunt gun. All were for the original Nintendo and my dad bought me all of them b/c it waas fun for everyone and he knew that playing these games wouldn't make me fat. Then Sega and Sony come out with games that make you sit and nintendo plays along. Well, now Nintendo is going back to their roots: Being ahead of the trends.

sjmole said:
Actually theres more to gta than killing hookers. There are missions , reffrences and lil in jokes to movies like the godfather , scareface now I'm sorry they were not as good movies as your mario movie :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: but alot of adults like them.

I like gta not because i kill hookers i like been in an interactive free roam invroment mixed with high speed car chases and reffrences to stuff I enjoy.

Now you could say all mario is walking jumping getting "magic mushrooms" been big , walking jumping walking jumping walking jumping but we dont. why because we can apreachate the mario fanbase.

"not only can I kill hookers, I can steal cars, kill cops, beat up pimps, throw grenades in times square, and other pointless sh!t that dumb @ss illiterate thugs with fake jewelry call "everyday" life...."

J. Agamemnon said:
HEY, do you remember the Nintendo power glove, wireless controller, running pad for track and field game, duck hunt gun. All were for the original Nintendo and my dad bought me all of them b/c it waas fun for everyone and he knew that playing these games wouldn't make me fat. Then Sega and Sony come out with games that make you sit and nintendo plays along. Well, now Nintendo is going back to their roots: Being ahead of the trends.

They were all done before nintendo for pc's or arcade machines. Fun yes. original no. next everyone will say nintendo was original for switching to cd's for game cube.

J. Agamemnon said:
"not only can I kill hookers, I can steal cars, kill cops, beat up pimps, throw grenades in times square, and other pointless sh!t that dumb @ss illiterate thugs with fake jewelry call "everyday" life...."

Yeah if you dont do the missions. If you do missions you have stuff like flying , racing , shooting all in one game. Alot of gta missions actually take skill to do. the right aiming the right driving. Yes it's a game where you do crimes but it is also like 10 games in one. The crime = the story. The fun is the gameplay and timne and skill it takes to complete it 100% with no cheats.

maybe for pc's but not for console. And I don't remember any pc games back in the 80's other than solitaire and spider solitaire.

sjmole said:
Yeah if you dont do the missions. If you do missions you have stuff like flying , racing , shooting all in one game. Alot of gta missions actually take skill to do. the right aiming the right driving. Yes it's a game where you do crimes but it is also like 10 games in one. The crime = the story. The fun is the gameplay and timne and skill it takes to complete it 100% with no cheats.

the only skill is to not get shot and beat hookers to buy paint for your car so you don't get pulled over. Why don't you play ult. spiderman where you save people, not degrade them.

J. Agamemnon said:
the only skill is to not get shot and beat hookers to buy paint for your car so you don't get pulled over. Why don't you play ult. spiderman where you save people, not degrade them.

I love Ultimate spider-man the game (not the point just stating it) also on Ultimate spider-man you don't degrade people but you do eat them as venom.

and if you honestly think that is all the skill you need on a gta for missions then you have only done the first 3-4 missions which are like intros. There are missions where you need to sniper. Others where you have to fly. Did you try flying the dodo on GTA III that was damn hard to fly.

Is that really your justification for playing a game that condones violence and degrades people as a whole. I used to work at target where I would always see a single mom buying her kid that game b/c he *****ed enough. Do you see what games like that do to people. I take games like that personally b/c of all the crap I went through as a kid. I didn't struggle hard just for idiots like 50 cent to make games about glorifying violence. I'll admit I play cs and halo. but games like that are done in equal environments and subtly teach people good from bad. All I'm saying is that if you can't wait for gta53 to come out, somethings wrong with you. To me, there's a whole lot out there than shooting hookers, b/c in the end that's all it is...

...okay, **** this. Video games have officaly gotten too expensive. I'm not going to blow a paycheck on a box that doesn't do anything untill I spend another $60 on one game. I mean whatever happened to packaging games with the systems? It'd be one hell of an incentive for me...

Latest posts

Back