PS3 Discussion

Re: PS3 release date and price revealed!

Baxter said:
...okay, **** this. Video games have officaly gotten too expensive. I'm not going to blow a paycheck on a box that doesn't do anything untill I spend another $60 on one game. I mean whatever happened to packaging games with the systems? It'd be one hell of an incentive for me...

Well, as most have been bragging, the PS3 will have blueray dvd tech which is/isn't better....I don't know, I've never heard of it. I agree on the last part

J. Agamemnon said:
Is that really your justification for playing a game that condones violence and degrades people as a whole. I used to work at target where I would always see a single mom buying her kid that game b/c he *****ed enough. Do you see what games like that do to people. I take games like that personally b/c of all the crap I went through as a kid. I didn't struggle hard just for idiots like 50 cent to make games about glorifying violence. I'll admit I play cs and halo. but games like that are done in equal environments and subtly teach people good from bad. All I'm saying is that if you can't wait for gta53 to come out, somethings wrong with you. To me, there's a whole lot out there than shooting hookers, b/c in the end that's all it is...

wow.
You still think gta is just shooting hookers? Your more ignorant than the people who like the game.

There have been ALOT of gta clones come out yet most don't sell well. why? The ones that don't sell well are the ones that are just about the violence. Do I agree with kids playing this? NO there is an age limit on it for a reason. If parents choose to buy it for lil kids then they are bad parents unless the kid is mature enough to handle it. now i'm finished arguing about gta.

sjmole said:
wow.
You still think gta is just shooting hookers? Your more ignorant than the people who like the game.

There have been ALOT of gta clones come out yet most don't sell well. why? The ones that don't sell well are the ones that are just about the violence. Do I agree with kids playing this? NO there is an age limit on it for a reason. If parents choose to buy it for lil kids then they are bad parents unless the kid is mature enough to handle it. now i'm finished arguing about gta.

lol....Well, when you grow up in that environment and come out with a level head like me, then get back to me...otherwise **** off.

J. Agamemnon said:
Well, as most have been bragging, the PS3 will have blueray dvd tech which is/isn't better....I don't know, I've never heard of it. I agree on the last part
Yeah, the whole HD thing is getting to me too. I have a TV thats about 25 years old. Its not the best TV, but its got everything I need it to (remote, cable ready, AV ins and outs) and I really don't want to have to buy an HD TV to play new games either. Nothings wrong with the one I have damnit.

...god I've become an old man.

J. Agamemnon said:
lol....Well, when you grow up in that environment and come out with a level head like me, then get back to me...otherwise **** off.

Completely inappropriate and uncalled for.

Keep it civil, or there will be bannings. Everyone. That is the only warning you'll get.

OUCH! oh well november gives me enough time to rack up some serious points for the PS3 and god of war 2 so that I can hopefuly get it for free:D

By the way does anyone know the diffrence between the 20 GB hardrive and the 60GB hardrive in terms of gameplay and videowatching?

Last edited:

021643f5627e34892.gif

Last edited:

It's not childish andwe do it b/c people like me and mole like to argue. Sorry with the '**** off' thing. I just enjoy a good arguing match. I don't think it's inappropriate, I did get off topic, I'm sorry.

As for minds changing, I don't think it's about changing minds, to me it's about sizing the two; the cons and pros. Who doesn't get outta hand from time to time. Slimjim, you were arguing with E or Ice on another post today and that got a little personal. Are really gonna tell me I'm being childish. You be willing to take an argument to the point you know you've made personal for the other person......and then stop. You just want to tell them they're being childish and then laugh at them.

So please don't tell me I'm being childish for having a healthy arguing match.

Yeah, I hate these game discussions. There's always a console you prefer over the other, but these opinions always start arguments between "kiddy games" and "adult games", when gamers are all children at heart.

Take that.

ProjectX2 said:
Yeah, I hate these game discussions. There's always a console you prefer over the other, but these opinions always start arguments between "kiddy games" and "adult games", when gamers are all children at heart.

Take that.

Agreed. First post with some sense.
It's all about taste.

True gamers are about the games. Its not about the system, the graphics, the online capability, the magical controller:

Its about the games.

I own every last gen system. Xbox, PS2 and GCN. I loved them all. They all were decently priced and had good games. Which brings up another point:

Its also about whether or not the games are worth the punch to the wallet.

My take on this gen?

Xbox 360 doesn't have any good games I want. Yes, Halo 3 is comming out. Its a shame it'll be just like Halo 2 which was just like Halo 1 with prettier graphics. Plus, its pricey. Nothing compared to the PS3, but I can't see myself paying 400 bucks for a system with less then impressive games.

PS3 isn't worth 600 dollars. I don't care about Blu-Ray. Its way too early to be thinking about the next media format. Yes, MGS4 and FFXIII look wonderful, but I honestly can't see myself shelling out not only 600 dollars plus tax, but 70 bucks a pop for a game. Its asinine. I could see myself getting this a year after release, hopefully after a price drop. But not before.

Wii is intresting. It has some good games and its revolutionary. But, best of all, there's a good chance it'll be affordable. I'll probably get this at launch.

Last edited:

Ultimate Quicksilver said:
Agreed. First post with some sense.
It's all about taste.

:( :(

Grand Theft Auto is overrated.

I would rather play Mario. Nintendo is more aimed towards kids but not every game is a kid's game. I played Mario Sunshine for hours and had fun. GTA I get bored after 10 mins. I'm sick of this argument. No one system is better than the other. It's about what you prefer. Me, I'm more of a Playstation. Cause my favorite games are on it.

Slimjim said:
Killing hookers is ten times better than playing as a fat italian stereotype.

He could be killing zombies. What makes you think cause just cause they own a Nintendo that they play Mario?

But you know what you guys are all not going to listen to me and are still going to be petty. It's sad.

PS3 isn't worth 600 dollars. I don't care about Blu-Ray. Its way too early to be thinking about the next media format. Yes, MGS4 and FFXIII look wonderful, but I honestly can't see myself shelling out not only 600 dollars plus tax, but 70 bucks a pop for a game. Its asinine. I could see myself getting this a year after release, hopefully after a price drop. But not before.

Are they offically going to be 70 bucks?

Last edited:

Thank you great one. I just wish people would listen b/c this has been said like five hundred times.

thee great one said:
:( :(

Grand Theft Auto is overrated.

I would rather play Mario. Nintendo is more aimed towards kids but not every game is a kid's game. I played Mario Sunshine for hours and had fun. GTA I get bored after 10 mins. I'm sick of this argument. No one system is better than the other. It's about what you prefer. Me, I'm more of a Playstation. Cause my favorite games are on it.

I like GTA i spend hours playing and having fun, i played 10 minutes of Mario sunshine and got bored. What I'm saying is that you can't make me think MArio s is better then GTA as much as i can't do the same thing with you.
It's all about the taste, Some ppl like fiction, others horror, what applies to movies applies to games too.

Okay, I just took out uneeded crap. Either you guys keep this civil, or the thread goes good-bye, and people will be having a couple days vacation from the site.

Ultimate Quicksilver said:
I like GTA i spend hours playing and having fun, i played 10 minutes of Mario sunshine and got bored. What I'm saying is that you can't make me think MArio s is better then GTA as much as i can't do the same thing with you.
It's all about the taste, Some ppl like fiction, others horror, what applies to movies applies to games too.

Me, personally, I think those gta games do jack for people, but I hated mario sunshine too. besides, I'm thinknig the ps3 will be plagued with "glitches" like it's predecessor. I still think Nintendo will come out strong. Even though they didn't have many great games, the great ones that were out had a huge fanbase. Granted Sony has many good games out right now, but in my opinion, they don't have a cult following, except for Final Fantasy.

J. Agamemnon said:
Me, personally, I think those gta games do jack for people, but I hated mario sunshine too. besides, I'm thinknig the ps3 will be plagued with "glitches" like it's predecessor. I still think Nintendo will come out strong. Even though they didn't have many great games, the great ones that were out had a huge fanbase. Granted Sony has many good games out right now, but in my opinion, they don't have a cult following, except for Final Fantasy.

Wow. You need to explore the interweb more.

J. Agamemnon said:

Because there's a lot of following over other PS2 games other than Final Fantasy.

Latest posts

Back