PS3 Discussion

Re: PS3 release date and price revealed!

sjmole said:
Yes but nintendo is not a blue-ray dvd player as well. like I said blue ray is the way forward to how we watch movies at home.

and nintendo can have its $250 price. after all you get what you pay for. If i was buying a car and wanted a great car I would spend 1000s on it. how ever if I wanted a over the hill beat up old banger of a car i would spend 100s.

fact - Playstations are the most popular consoles now days
fact - Playstation 3 has the best control pad of next gen
fact - Playstation 3 will be the most powerful console ever
fact - most comany's give sony rights for games e.g Final fantasy series , Metal gear sold , Grand theft auto.

Now IMO it's a no brainer PS3 buy it , play it , love it.

First, to correct your mistake, GTA is a "time exclusive" for Xbox 360. So you named MGS and FF.

Nintendo has all of its first party games (Zelda, Mario, Metroid)

Microsfot has Halo and GTA.

See where I'm going. Nothing besides MGS and FF impressed me on that system. The controller is a rip-off from Nintendo.

As for Blu-Ray. . .are you kidding me? Do you remember the last time Sony said "This is the way of the future!" Because I do. It was called Betamax. And what happened with Betamax? It went nowhere. Blue-Ray is about 5 years too early. You want the next format of media?

HD-DVD. Its way more affordable then Blu-Ray and the two formats are almost identical. The only difference right now is the hardware.

So, I'm sorry, its not worth 600 dollars.

moonmaster said:
No. No game makes a system worth $600. Its just Sony being greedy and stupid.
SAND-VAGINA!

FFXIII and MGS4 and the amount of other kickass games(DMC4, Tekken etc) they got lined up for PS3 makes it worth it.

I just read that they're putting gyroscopes in the PS3 controllers for motion-detection. OH MY! WHAT AN INCREDIBALLY ORIGINAL IDEA! FROM WHAT GAMING HEAVEN COULD THEY HAVE CONCEIVED OF THIS NEW FEATURE?!

****ing rip-offs.
Aww don't get bent outta shape. PS3 were the best graphic and games at :p
And Who gives a rat's *** about controllers?
HOLY MOTHER ****ING LIVING ACT OF GOD SWEETNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I"VE SEEN THE MGS4 TRAILER!

HOLY ****
HOLY ****
HOLY ****
HOLY ****​
Exactly they managed to make raiden look badass :rockon:

and good god words can't describe the FFXIII trailer

Last edited:

slimjim said:
SAND-VAGINA!

FFXIII and MGS4 and the amount (DMC4, Tekken etc) of other kickass games they got lined up for PS3 makes it worth it.
You manage to name two games that I don't give a **** about. Great arguement.
Aww don't get bent outta shape. PS3 were the best graphic and games at :p
And Who gives a rat's *** about controllers?
Fine, enjoy your pretty system with no substance whatsoever. Catchy buzzwords and flashy graphics do not a good cosole make. I can't wait for the PS4. "THE PS4 HAS THE MOST INCREDIBLE GRAPHICS EVER PRODUCED!...WHAT CONTROLLER?...OH, THERE IS NO CONTROLLER. YOU JUST LOOK AT THE NICE CGI AND IMAGINE PLAYING IT. ISN'T IT INCREDIBLE!"

moonmaster said:
You manage to name two games that I don't give a **** about. Great arguement.
If it isn't Mario handball/baseball/golf/poker/hide and seek/tag/football you don't like it?????

moonmaster said:
Fine, enjoy your pretty system with no substance whatsoever. Catchy buzzwords and flashy graphics do not a good cosole make. I can't wait for the PS4. "THE PS4 HAS THE MOST INCREDIBLE GRAPHICS EVER PRODUCED!...WHAT CONTROLLER?...OH, THERE IS NO CONTROLLER. YOU JUST LOOK AT THE NICE CGI AND IMAGINE PLAYING IT. ISN'T IT INCREDIBLE!"
When I'm playing games I'm not thinking to myself "Gee this console has so much substance who cares about flashy graphics or great games I want sunstance I want mines to stand out!!!!" graphics and games is what video games are all about. Can't believe people are hating sony because it's going to have the best graphics.........Like how dare they make there console have incredible graphics and nice CGI :roll:
Oh and you can rest assure PS4 will be ill!

Last edited:

moonmaster said:

That was exactly my problem with the original XBox.

Of course Sony is ripping off ideas, like Nintendo and Microsoft, everyone steal the others idea, that's how the market goes, or do you really think nintendo invented the sensor motion?
Arcades have that like for 5 years.

I laugh at anti-ps3 ppl saying that there is no substance and they are shallow...
welcome to real world buddy. If games with no substance are MGS4 I say bring it to me!!!

Lynx said:
The controller is a rip-off from Nintendo.

Wrong! I thought that at first too. but someone on a games mesage board i go on posted a thing that had sony mention working on the control pad 2-4 years ago!

The only thing sont changed resonatly was from a boomarang to ps2 type pad. still same thing just changed the shape.

moonmaster said:

Dude the playstation has the graphics , has the control pad , has the game now if games + controlpad means nothing to you then what the hell dose?

All I got to say is, you can talk when you can buy 1st and 3rd party games, THROUGH YOU SYSTEM! That's what I thought. It's all about capabilities, not graphics. Are you gonna be able to play games from your PSP( which is going nowhere) on your PS3? No...but you can on GC and you will on REVOLUTION! And again, Sony will bring out a bunch of games that nobody will want to play and then you won't even be able to have a badass collection until 5 years from now when they're making the PS27.... and by then, Nintendo will come out with the Megalobot55 and rename it happyfuntimeplaytoy.

J. Agamemnon said:
Are you gonna be able to play games from your PSP( which is going nowhere) on your PS3?

Actually that is a strong rumour at the moment as psp and ps3 will have cool new hook up.

I know the ps3 will have a thing so you dowload a psone emulator to your psp which actualy is going somewhere. Games are selling and consoles too all an all a good hand hold.

Computer keyboards are the best.

What?

II have never seen or played a game on PSP and stopped playing thinking," Wow that was fun. i had a better time playing Nintendogs. At least it's interactive. And I doubt Sony will make something as intricate as crystal chronicles or four swords.

I don't care what anyone says, I'm getting me a PS3!

I saw the FF XIII trailer, and my god, what a trailer it was!:shock:

And if that weren't enough, the MGS4 trailer did something I didn't think possible, it made Raiden look baddass.

Yep, I'm sold. Sony can have my soul. lol

J. Agamemnon said:
II have never seen or played a game on PSP and stopped playing thinking," Wow that was fun. i had a better time playing Nintendogs. At least it's interactive. And I doubt Sony will make something as intricate as crystal chronicles or four swords.

Thats cool dude we all like diffrent things. Personaly I loved all the forms of game boy but I was disapointed with DS I do not like it. My brother has one and loves it i just dont.

PSP games I enjoyed were GTA libity city stories , WWE Smackdown vs raw 2006 , Dragonball z Shin budokia (that one realy impressed me as i love dbz)

how ever i will admit the reason i wanted a psp was I'm going to usa this year and it would keep me entertained on the 8 hour flight. Not just the games but I have downloaded the simpson episodes i have on dvd (so not ilegal as i own original) to put on the 4gb hard drive.

One thing i did enjoy on DS was nintendogs lol yes my brother has it I loved it .

moonmaster said:
PS31.jpg

PS32.jpg

PS33.jpg
Well said, Moony.

No way in ****ing hell am I going to pay $500-600 for a system. I don't care how much greatness the games are.

Last edited:

Oh no! The playstationburg has fallen victim to a firestorm of angry consumers! Oh the humanity, the humanity!!!!!:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

I saw a demonstration of the PS3 yesterday on TV. It looks impressive. However, I'm not paying $800 for it, so I think I'll wait a while.

Ice said:
No way in ****ing hell am I going to pay $500-600 for a system. I don't care how much greatness the games are.
When PS2 first came out it was like $500 dollers did you wait for it to drop to a hundred?

This is the only board I've so many people hate the PS3. Every other board I go to the majority hates on nintendo as much as you guys hate on sony. I guess comic fans are synonymous with nintendo fans. You can hate all you want but the PS3 will definitely not flop. but w.e who cares? I'm just getting the system that games I like.

Last edited:

slimjim said:
When PS2 first came out it was like $500 dollers did you wait for it to drop to a hundred?

This is the only board I've so many people hate the PS3 but w.e who cares? I'm just getting the system that games I like. I've never seen so many nintendo fans, every other board I go to the majority hates on nintendo as much as you guys hate on sony. I guess comic fans are synonymous with nintendo fans synonymous. You can hate all you want but the PS3 will definitely not flop.

I agree. I don't think I've ever seen more than two Nintendo fans in one place.

slimjim said:

This is the only board I've so many people hate the PS3. Every other board I go to the majority hates on nintendo as much as you guys hate on sony. I guess comic fans are synonymous with nintendo fans. You can hate all you want but the PS3 will definitely not flop. but w.e who cares? I'm just getting the system that games I like.
First of all, when the hell did I say I hate the PS3? Never did. Don't put words in people's mouth. I don't hate Sony, either. Do you know how to pay attention? It doesn't seem like it.

Also, I never got a PS2 around the first time it came out. My brother had bought it and there was no reason for me to get it. And when the **** did I or anyone say it was going to flop? Just that Sony needs to rethinks their pricing. You can get the system you like. No one's putting you down for it.

Slim, go learn how to pay attention so you can know what the hell you're saying.

Ice said:
First of all, when the hell did I say I hate the PS3? Never did. Don't put words in people's mouth. I don't hate Sony, either. Do you know how to pay attention? It doesn't seem like it.

Also, I never got a PS2 around the first time it came out. My brother had bought it and there was no reason for me to get it. And when the **** did I or anyone say it was going to flop? Just that Sony needs to rethinks their pricing. You can get the system you like. No one's putting you down for it.

Slim, go learn how to pay attention so you can know what the hell you're saying.

Woah, go easy on him. He never said you personally.

Latest posts

Back