Punisher (2009) series discussion (was Punisher War Journal) [spoilers]

Re: Punisher War Journal series discussion *Spoilers*

I don't want to rain on anyones' parade or anything. i think I just stopped caring after I realized i won't be seeing any new young avengers for quite a while. That's really the onl title i care enough to remember what happens and keep it in my brain. otherwise i just use wiki and UC to keep me refreshed. Marvel is like the son you just gave up on. they fail so many times, you just stop being disappointed and learn to accept it. It sucks, I hate it because I feel like i'm giving up and i don't like to quit. it's also sad with the lack of comic discussion going on especially when awesome titles like Nova are being ignored. But that's my reasons for my brain being off (got me there random) before i get off topic.

Does it feel to anyone else like Marvel doesn't know what to do with the 616 Punisher anymore?

I like the idea of a symbiote costume, but not after the Captain America stint.

Does it feel to anyone else like Marvel doesn't know what to do with the 616 Punisher anymore?

I like the idea of a symbiote costume, but not after the Captain America stint.

This book has been pretty bad for a while now. I'm dropping it after 12 and with any luck I'll never see Punisher again.

So I tried to get back into this.......

Ugh.

Fraction's writing isn't bad, but he just doesn't know what to do with Castle. And its understandable considering the alternate version of him by Ennis is just so superb.

But Chaykin's art is really ruining the book for me. I cringe everytime I turn the page.

I'm renaming this thread seeing as how War Journal ended and relaunched as "Punisher" by Rick Remender.

I read the first issue where Sentry stopped the assassination attempt by Frank on Osbourn and thought it was really good, so I picked up the first 2 trades...and was disappointed because after that it basically went nowhere. Hood bringing back the D-class villains was a total bore.

Is this worth continuing? FrankenCastle sounds like it should be worth following.

I'm renaming this thread seeing as how War Journal ended and relaunched as "Punisher" by Rick Remender.

I read the first issue where Sentry stopped the assassination attempt by Frank on Osbourn and thought it was really good, so I picked up the first 2 trades...and was disappointed because after that it basically went nowhere. Hood bringing back the D-class villains was a total bore.

Is this worth continuing? FrankenCastle sounds like it should be worth following.

Read Jason Aaron's Punisher MAX instead.

Read Jason Aaron's Punisher MAX instead.

While I like both titles quite a bit, honestly I'm enjoying Frankencastle more, however that may change with the introduction of Bullseyemax

and I'm glad to see that it's sticking around, with #17 the series is changing its title to "Frankencastle"

diamond-retail-summit-reveals-new-books-20100415094422404_640w.jpg

He's normal again!

Last edited:
I just started to read Punisher #12 and he is Frankencastle at the beginning...I didn't want to read more because I didn't know if this was a flash forward thing or if I missed him being turned into Frankencastle. It hadn't happened by the end of #11. Did I miss something? Or should I keep reading and it will all be explained? The first page summary made it sound like I missed it.

I really have mixed feelings about Frankencastle. On one hand it's fun and a pretty refreshing take on a fairly one-dimensional character, but on the other hand, Punisher isn't the kind of character you screw around with in this way. He's one of the most deadly serious characters in all of comics and this just completely goes against that.

If we didn't have PunisherMax then I think this story would annoy me a lot more, as it is Remainder gets the personality of Frank right, he's just in a goofy stitched together body. I think that combined with a villain that parallels Frank nicely is really what makes this story work.

I have no idea what they think they can or will be doing with Punisher as a zombie.

He'll be back to normal soon (because of the Bloodstone), in the meantime I believe that he's going after Daken for a rematch.

Last weeks Dark Wolverine #88 was an ok start to the Daken/FrankenCastle fight, but this week's FrankenCastle #19 is a lot better, especially if you want to see Daken get his ass handed to him while Frank makes fun of his mullet and tribal tattoos.

"I've lost contact with Daken, I'm assuming he's past the Buick." :lol:

Latest posts

Back