Punisher MAX (Ennis #1-60) Discussion *Spoilers*

I have yet to read the newest issue with the new creative team......but I just went back and reread Ennis' run.

I cried.

Seriously.

I just read the last arc.....

....I think I might prefer punisher to preacher....and I thought preacher was the best...

I really got into the bits of the book that Ennis wrote here. It's just really righteous anger shouting and swearing about the horrible things done to soldiers and that soldiers end up doing, during vietnam. how they wanted to be like their daddy's in WWII...and they took america! - that was just so moving. Ennis remembers that we're all human beings, that's what makes it so good and so awful at the same time.

It's kinda really depressing ending actually...and no more ennis punisher max...:(

It's very bittersweet. It's so good but at the same time very depressing that it will no longer continue.

Ennis' run I mean.

The next issues aren't as great (the Parlov run is setting up nicely), they're entertaining and keeping my "Punisher" fix because, damn, do I love this MAX run. One of my all-time favourite comics ever ever.

I am now sadly more interested in the imaginary "The Punisher Kills the Disney Universe" story than anything Jason Aaron is doing in his upcoming run, even if it involves Frank Castle fighting MAX versions of Kingpin and Bullseye.

I've been reading this run again to remind me how great Ennis's Frank Castle was.

And I want him to write a series with Nick Fury and Frank Castle in Afghanistan hunting Osama Bin Laden. It would be so badass.

I've been reading this run again to remind me how great Ennis's Frank Castle was.

And I want him to write a series with Nick Fury and Frank Castle in Afghanistan hunting Osama Bin Laden. It would be so badass.

I'd like a new punisher character coming out of the Gulf war or something. He hints at it in the last arc, that there will be more coming out of similar wars. Disillusioned and trained to kill.

Latest posts

Back