Punisher MAX (Ennis #1-60) Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: Punisher MAX Series Discussion *Spoilers*

I read #53 and it was great, really, but I'm starting to feel like Barracuda's durability is getting a little ridiculous.

Flame me all you want, but his getting out of the car was kind of silly. Sneaking up on Frank at the end even more so.

No no. I feel ya.

I really love Barracuda. I do. I think he's one of the best villains to come Frank's way since Jigsaw.

But, like you said, his durability is getting out of hand. I can see a big guy like that taking a couple fingers chopped off, an eye stabbed out...even taking a beating and being left for dead in the ocean. And even a couple bullets.

But more bullets and kicking the back door of a Ford Explorer off? Then surviving a point blank car explosion? All to come back and sucker punch Frank and beat the snot outta him? Yeah....I don't think so.

Still....it's not as bad as that guy Pitsy from the first arc. Holy hell.

No no. I feel ya.

I really love Barracuda. I do. I think he's one of the best villains to come Frank's way since Jigsaw.

But, like you said, his durability is getting out of hand. I can see a big guy like that taking a couple fingers chopped off, an eye stabbed out...even taking a beating and being left for dead in the ocean. And even a couple bullets.

But more bullets and kicking the back door of a Ford Explorer off? Then surviving a point blank car explosion? All to come back and sucker punch Frank and beat the snot outta him? Yeah....I don't think so.

Still....it's not as bad as that guy Pitsy from the first arc. Holy hell.

What kind of bothers me is not even that he got back out of the trunk...but it was almost like he hadn't been touched. He had physical scars and whatnot, but you'd think after going through something like that - I mean, Frank got him to talk, which tells you what state Cuda was in - he wasn't even staggering or anything.

Strangely it doesn't really ruin the story for me. But to much more and it will start to be like Wolverine regenerating from a drop of blood.

Yeah. Good thing too. Oddly enough....I noticed this arc was only 5 issues as opposed to the normal 6.

I honestly didn't expect that. But I guess the way the story is set up now....it's highly doubtful he could've squeezed 2 more issues outta this arc.

I thought barracuda was a little ridiculous, he's basically been pushed over the edge now so I can see how he can work through whatever pain, but if he's been getting electric shocks through his la-la for the last 45 mins I don't understand how he can feel his legs.

What did people think about the monologue of him and his dad while his rage was building up? I really liked it, thought it might've been a bit cheesy

Just read #53.

Pure awesome.

I love Barracuda. Love the guy so much. As for him getting up, Ennis knows it's too much, which is why Punisher goes, "You have to be ****ing kidding me" and "You have to shoot him to bits and then shoot the bits and burn him" to kinda say, "Barracuda is ridiculous."

Loved it.

One issue left... this is so ****ing great.

I dunno.

I love Mother Russia and the very first arc (I forget its name).

Have they hinted at who is gonna take over for Ennis once he leaves?

Because right now the perfect replacement would be Jason Aaron! I'm just trying to think of the perfect artist to accompany him.

Hmmmmm.....

Have they hinted at who is gonna take over for Ennis once he leaves?

Because right now the perfect replacement would be Jason Aaron! I'm just trying to think of the perfect artist to accompany him.

Hmmmmm.....

Gemini said that Duane Synzsakidfasjdfa;skldfjasi was possibly taking over.

:cry:

RIP Barracuda. You were ****ing awesome.

Punisher rips Barracuda's nose of with some pliers. He takes Sarah and runs away. Barracuda goes after him, breaks into a building, and Frank is there with a pick axe. He nearly chops Cuda's arm off, then he chops his hand off, then jams it into his chest, and empties a gun into him. So he might actually be dead this time.

Frank spends a day with Sarah then takes her back to O'Brien's sister. He tells her to never tell Sarah about him.

Great arc. It would be even better if I could somehow be 100% convinced that Barracuda is dead.

Was this Ennis's last issue?

"Long Cold Dark" was great.

Poor Barracuda.

You psychotic, raping, murdering bastard.

You will be missed.

(And all the stuff about what sounds like Barracuda's traumatic childhood just made me want to see a serious Barracuda story, about his past. Maybe a one-shot.)
No. Still one arc left. :cry:
"VALLEY FORGE, VALLEY FORGE: THE SLAUGHTER OF A U.S. MARINE GARRISON AND THE BIRTH OF THE PUNISHER".

The solicitation kind of makes me think that The Punisher might have to face off against a group of messed-up Vietnam vets, just because it would be so sad and ironic.

I could be wrong though.

Ooo! Maybe.

Also - I want to know less about Barracuda's past than I already do. No "messed up as a kid, yo" for me. Nuh uh.

But I miss Barracuda. *sniffle*

He was so awesome. Only one of Ennis' villains to get his own mini.

Latest posts

Back