Punisher MAX (Ennis #1-60) Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: Punisher MAX Series Discussion *Spoilers*

No "messed up as a kid, yo" for me. Nuh uh.

Not even a little.

Great Arc. anyone know what 'cuda was trying to say when he's about to get axed. He says "um Buh,Um buh" ...it just annoys me when I can't work out what people are trying to say, and i can't even think of what he'd be trying to say that'd make that sound. Maybe he's just coughing.

He's trying to say, "I'm Barracuda".

The ego thing, remember? He's always going on about how he's THE BARRACUDA. The baddest mutha ****er around. THE BARRACUDA.

So, I assume, when he's going, "um buh... um buh" he's trying to say that he's THE BARRACUDA!!!!!! but can't due to the lack of a face. :D

Also - who has seen UNFORGIVEN? The ending could be done almost verbatim with THE PUNISHER. Awesome movie.

Speaking of awesome - I love your Mogo avatar Ninja4peace! :D

He's trying to say, "I'm Barracuda".

The ego thing, remember? He's always going on about how he's THE BARRACUDA. The baddest mutha ****er around. THE BARRACUDA.

So, I assume, when he's going, "um buh... um buh" he's trying to say that he's THE BARRACUDA!!!!!! but can't due to the lack of a face. :D

Also - who has seen UNFORGIVEN? The ending could be done almost verbatim with THE PUNISHER. Awesome movie.

Speaking of awesome - I love your Mogo avatar Ninja4peace! :D

Oh yeah that makes sense. Cheers bass

The end has begun.

Ennis has obviously been building to this.

Everything is coming full circle. Barracuda was tipped off by the Generals from Mother Russia.

Fury has made another appearance.

Awesome.

I thought I commented on Valley Forge, yet... hadn't.

I'm with you Tog. This looks like it's going to be a great finale.

Fury's appearance in this last issue is the greatest thing to happen to Punisher MAX since the introduction of Barracuda.

That's how Nick Fury should always be portrayed.

"What are you looking at, ***gots?" should be his battle cry. SHIELD sucks. Fury on the solo tip is where it's at.

Ennis has obviously been building to this.

Everything is coming full circle. Barracuda was tipped off by the Generals from Mother Russia.

See....I wonder about this. I wonder if Ennis actually had all this penned out previously or did he just decide to make up this connection.

Either way, it's bloody brilliant.

And I'm glad Goran Parlov was able to draw the final arc. Granted it would'be been amazing if Bradstreet could do Ennis' final arc.....but Parlov and Fernandez were the 2 artists I enjoyed most on the book.

I might actually cry when this arc is done. If the future of this book is what the few non-Ennis one shots have been.....I shudder.

No no no no no no no........no!

I don't wanna wait another month for the next issue. I want my new Punisher MAX now!!!!!

I wonder what he wants to talk about,

I really like the fact that this comes full circle with Born, but I wish that somewhere somehow Ennis would of used Jigsaw.

Jigsaw is a horrible villain for someone that is arguably his nemesis. I want to see Ennis' twisted version of the character. It would of been epic.

I wonder what he wants to talk about,

I really like the fact that this comes full circle with Born, but I wish that somewhere somehow Ennis would of used Jigsaw.

Jigsaw is a horrible villain for someone that is arguably his nemesis. I want to see Ennis' twisted version of the character. It would of been epic.

Meh. I'm not a fan of Jigsaw. I think Finn from Kitchen Irish was way better.

I actually wanna get caught up on Fraction's War Journal. But unfortunately, every time I start to read the back issues....I remember that there's a Chaykin-drawn arc containing Jigsaw in my future.

Then all my incentive is shot.

I want to like that but I can't

The first arc was horrible.

The villain one-shot in the bar was decent.

I read a couple of the WWH tie-ins. *Shudder*

I was curious with the Kraven arc, but I learned my lesson.

Anyone else find this arc a little confusing?

I don't know if it's because there are so many people in it or what...but there are parts that I'm having trouble following.

The book sections aren't helping either.

I like the arc a lot so far, I'm just not getting all of it. I'm not even sure what I'm not getting.

I find Punisher MAX had to read monthly, so I normally just wait until the arc is finished and try and read it all at once.

Anyone else find this arc a little confusing?

I don't know if it's because there are so many people in it or what...but there are parts that I'm having trouble following.

The book sections aren't helping either.

I like the arc a lot so far, I'm just not getting all of it. I'm not even sure what I'm not getting.

I REALLY don't get what you'd find confusing.

The Generals that were responsible for the whole "Mother Russia" arc tried to have him killed by sending Barracuda after him. Barracuda didn't succeed. They're ****ting their pants, thinking that Punisher will go after them. So they get the idea of sending in US soldiers - whom the Punisher won't kill - to get the Punisher. That's pretty much it.

As for the book... I honestly think this is something that maybe Ennis deserves some kind of genius award for: The Punisher, a nearly gratuitously violent mass murder who's paper thin... and Ennis gives him a literary yet lyrical quality. He somehow fits poetry and prose, reminiscent of the old World War poems, into this title seamlessly with great evocation. The main deserves a ******* medal for it.

I find Punisher MAX had to read monthly, so I normally just wait until the arc is finished and try and read it all at once.

Odd. Punisher is one of the only titles I actually enjoy in monthly installments. It's pretty much my favourite comic right now.

Latest posts

Back