Punisher MAX (Ennis #1-60) Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: Punisher MAX Series Discussion *Spoilers*

"Up Is Down and Black Is White" may be my new favorite arc. Nicky is sick. The worst thing about him is how he's so ****ed-up, yet he seems so polite and charming sometimes. It was great to see so many characters come back and the series to tie itself together so nicely. The Punisher was badass as usual: His one night killing spree, taking out Rawlins eye, and what he did to Nicky. It was nice to see the Punisher finally get some action. He deserves it. My favorite scene was probably Frank and O'Brien fighting Teresa. Brutal beyond belief.

moonmaster said:
"Up Is Down and Black Is White" may be my new favorite arc. Nicky is sick. The worst thing about him is how he's so ****ed-up, yet he seems so polite and charming sometimes. It was great to see so many characters come back and the series to tie itself together so nicely. The Punisher was badass as usual: His one night killing spree, taking out Rawlins eye, and what he did to Nicky. It was nice to see the Punisher finally get some action. He deserves it. My favorite scene was probably Frank and O'Brien fighting Teresa. Brutal beyond belief.

TOG liked it because Nicky was shtooping his own aunt.

He's weird like that. TOG, I mean.

E said:
TOG liked it because Nicky was shtooping his own aunt.

He's weird like that. TOG, I mean.
Makes sense.

And plus, TOG likes 'em big, and they don't come no bigger than "Auntie Mo'".

moonmaster said:

thats one of the reasons that its #2 on my list of must read trades..... the same themes are also in preacher........i don't know what Garth has it with gays and guns....but he makes it work.....

nigma said:
thats one of the reasons that its #2 on my list of must read trades..... the same themes are also in preacher
Preacher is the ****.
........i don't know what Garth has it with gays and guns....but he makes it work.....
Gays and Guns=Good, Gays with Guns=GREAT.

My addiction worsens. I got "The Slavers" today. I'm reading it tonight.

5 trades in about a month. Ridiculous. The only series I've collected faster is New X-Men. I got the first two trades of it as a Christmas present and after reading them, I immediately went out the next day and got the other three that were out at the time.

So now, I'm unofficially caught up. I haven't read "Barracuda", but there are too many issues at the moment to get so I'll have to wait for the trade in a few months. I'll start reading it monthly with "Man of Stone". I also plan to get the one-shots (either by finding them at my LCS or getting that damn expensive HC), and "Born".

Meanwhile, I've got two trades worth of "Authority: Revolution" to pick up before the new series launches.

Last edited:

"The Old Man"? Isn't the next arc "The Man of Stone"?

Born is great. The perfect origin to Frank Castle. The Cell is cool too.

And as you already know, Revolution rocks and I am currently waiting for my comic shop to order them in as well.

Hmmmm........#36 was kinda lackluster. Nothing too suprising. Not the best issue. But then again, with the exception of the character Barracuda, the arc was still great in itself, but it was the weakest arc thus far.

3.5/5

ProjectX2 said:
"The Old Man"? Isn't the next arc "The Man of Stone"?
Yes it is. What the hell are you talking about?

I had some extra cash today, so I picked up "The Tyger". Good stuff. It's great to see Frank Castle as a kid.

I love how Ennis has shaped the Punisher. Most comic book heroes (or anti-heroes) are made who they are by one single event. But in the real world, people's motivations come from a lifetime of experience and someone's "defining moment" may not be what you expect. The Punisher wasn't set on his path by the death of his family, or his time in Vietnam, or his experiences as a child. It's been a slow series of occurences. The Punisher may be the first "superhero" who's origin story encompasses his entire life.

moonmaster said:
I had some extra cash today, so I picked up "The Tyger". Good stuff. It's great to see Frank Castle as a kid.

I just reread all the one-shots and I have to say that "The Tyger" is officially my favorite of them all. More than "The Cell"....more than "The End". Had Tyger been a few issues longer....it would've beaten out "Born". I love it that much.

moonmaster said:
I love how Ennis has shaped the Punisher. Most comic book heroes (or anti-heroes) are made who they are by one single event. But in the real world, people's motivations come from a lifetime of experience and someone's "defining moment" may not be what you expect. The Punisher wasn't set on his path by the death of his family, or his time in Vietnam, or his experiences as a child. It's been a slow series of occurences. The Punisher may be the first "superhero" who's origin story encompasses his entire life.

Well put.

moonmaster said:

Well put - I think that is also how they've been writing Daredevil. I don't think it's a coincidence that those are Marvel's 2 best books.

Baxter sent this to me from another site that has a bunch of mockeries of comics.......

maxbl6.jpg

Funny stuff....:lol:

Victor Von Doom said:
Baxter sent this to me from another site that has a bunch of mockeries of comics.......

maxbl6.jpg

Funny stuff....:lol:
NOOOO!!! Not the Eskimos!

moonmaster said:
NOOOO!!! Not the Eskimos!

If Frank Castle says Eskimos need to be punished, then dammit, Eskimos need to be punished.

Never trusted those ****ers anyway.

E said:
If Frank Castle says Eskimos need to be punished, then dammit, Eskimos need to be punished.

Never trusted those ****ers anyway.

Exactly. Those seal-clubbers need to be tought a lesson.

Up next.........those filthy gypsies.

"Let's rub noses like the eski.."

"Rub this"

*Sticks shotgun in face*

BOOM!

I read the final issue to Barracuda. It was good and different. But this was easy the worst arc yet.

Latest posts

Back