Punisher MAX (Ennis #1-60) Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: Punisher MAX Series Discussion *Spoilers*

I remember hearing about Barracuda before. Not sure where, but I remember someone talking or mentioning his name.

And I coulda swore there was at least 1 HC. Odd. :?

Victor Von Doom said:
Barracuda is awesome!!!! I wanna say I've seen him before in the series but with dreadlocks and as a minor character.......but I might be wrong.

Not harcover. But they are in TPB. There are 5 volumes available now.

There two hardcovers collecting the first 4 volumes. I have them.

And you are thinking of the black irish dude from Kitchen Irish.

Best line in the issue.

"I'll just have to kick the **** out of him in hell"

And I'm getting that trade just for The End issue. That was one of the most hardcore stories out there.

Last edited:

I bought the first trade of this yesterday. I'm officially hooked.

I've got a birthday in a few weeks and I can tell you right now that a huge chunk of my spending money is going towards catching up on this book.

It's pure awesome-ness.

moonmaster said:
I bought the first trade of this yesterday. I'm officially hooked.

I've got a birthday in a few weeks and I can tell you right now that a huge chunk of my spending money is going towards catching up on this book.

It's pure awesome-ness.

Awesome. I got in late too - I got the 1st TPB a long time ago because I heard it was good, and it was, but it took me a long time to get 2-4. I'm hooked too. One of my top 3 favorites right now.

E said:
Awesome. I got in late too....

Story of my comic reading life!!!! Its so time consuming to try and catch up.

I mean I hear everyone tell me about how good Y, Fables, Capt America, etc. is.....and then I gotta play catch up. I kill entire days at book stores.

Welcome to the club Moony!!!! Seriously.....I have not heard one single bad remark about this series. And I don't ever wanna.....if you dig my ditch!!! *shakes fist menacingly but in a warning kinda fashion*

Victor Von Doom said:
Story of my comic reading life!!!! Its so time consuming to try and catch up.

I mean I hear everyone tell me about how good Y, Fables, Capt America, etc. is.....and then I gotta play catch up. I kill entire days at book stores.

Welcome to the club Moony!!!! Seriously.....I have not heard one single bad remark about this series. And I don't ever wanna.....if you dig my ditch!!! *shakes fist menacingly but in a warning kinda fashion*

Vic let me go off topic for a second and recommend another for you to get into late - Seven Soldiers of Victory. Friggin' brilliant. The 3rd of 4 TPBs just came out, so there's not a lot to catch up on.

Back on topic - I agree, I've never heard a bad word about this book. Everyone that reads it seems to love it and in a big way.

I can't wait to catch up. I've gotta get Born, too. It looks pretty good.

When I first saw the Punisher movie (before ever having read a Punisher comic) I thought it was pretty good, but had no interest in the comics. After reading this, I hate the movie. I wish they would've done it like this and gotten Ennis to write the script.

moonmaster said:
I can't wait to catch up. I've gotta get Born, too. It looks pretty good.

When I first saw the Punisher movie (before ever having read a Punisher comic) I thought it was pretty good, but had no interest in the comics. After reading this, I hate the movie. I wish they would've done it like this and gotten Ennis to write the script.

Ennis wrote the video game, which was absolute genius in game form.

The movie's characters were based off Ennis' first Punisher arc "Welcome Back Frank".

thee great one said:
Ennis wrote the video game, which was absolute genius in game form.

The movie's characters were based off Ennis' first Punisher arc "Welcome Back Frank".

Both were pure hotness in its most primal form.

If Brubaker is a Comic God.....Ennis is your Comic Moses.

BTW---did anyone read Ennis's Ghost Rider? I hadn't heard any opinions on it so I don't know if I'm missing anything.

Victor Von Doom said:
BTW---did anyone read Ennis's Ghost Rider? I hadn't heard any opinions on it so I don't know if I'm missing anything.
That has it's own thread. Should be in the Marvel Comics forum if I moved it, which I should've.

TGO sent me the 4th trade a few months back, because he was going to get the HC.

I liked it. It was over-the-top, but that made it great.

Someday I shall read the rest.

PUNISHER #37 & 38
Written by GARTH ENNIS
Penciled by GORAN PARLOV
Cover by TIM BRADSTREET
"MAN OF STONE" Parts 1 & 2
The last time General Nikolai Alexandrovich Zakharov encountered Frank Castle, the two men were playing chicken with a dozen nuclear warheads over Moscow. Since then, well, let's just say Zakharov's not the type to forgive and forget. When a mutual enemy of Castle comes with the perfect plan to lure Frank out of his hole, Zakharvo is all ears. That man is Rawlins. His bait? His former wife -- and sometime Castle flame: O'Brien.
THERE IS A STRICT NO OVERPRINT POLICY ON ALL MAX TITLES PLEASE CHECK YOUR ORDERS AND PLACE THEM BY THE FOC.
32 PGS. (each)/Explicit Content ...$2.99 (each)
Two issues in September!!!! :drooling:

:rockon:

Ice said:
Two issues in September!!!! :drooling:

:rockon:

OH YEAH!!!
koolaid4ij.gif

And building off one of the best arcs thus far. Can't wait.

..........wow.......and i thought that 100 bullets and DMZ were hard.....but marvel really let them get away with this, marvel has earned back a little bit of respect.

what really makes this GREAT is the layout and coloring, the dark shades and tones mixed in with with thought "squares". there arn't too many huge page splashes and when there are, there worth it. all-in-all there are a good mix. And you don't have the punisher talking too much, and the few words he does say are what i call power words. Where one word takes the place of seven. Also, what this comic does that others doesn't is that it shows that hes also just human, like the rest of us.

one of the better lines were.

"theres a reason they put the scope on top" *bang*

"after im done.....you wanna get in the sack?"........"why not" (i think thats the line)

and i have to give it to the artist, there aren't too many out there that can make you FEEL the emotion, but this guy finds a way to, and it works. you feel the blood, the calmness, the anger, the coldness, and you WANT to join the crusade.

nigma said:
one of the better lines were.

"theres a reason they put the scope on top" *bang*

Yeah...that has to be my favorite line outta the series. But the line "Don't come back..." at the end of the Slavers arc---when you see what he does in context to that line. Shivers dude....shivers.

Victor Von Doom said:
Yeah...that has to be my favorite line outta the series. But the line "Don't come back..." at the end of the Slavers arc---when you see what he does in context to that line. Shivers dude....shivers.

call me diamond hearted....i had a smile on my face when that panel came up, it was....how do i say this so i don't come off as a jerk....there are very few things that put me on auto hulk-out crazy mode....and that story dealt with an issue that does just that.

nigma said:
call me diamond hearted....i had a smile on my face when that panel came up, it was....how do i say this so i don't come off as a jerk....there are very few things that put me on auto hulk-out crazy mode....and that story dealt with an issue that does just that.

So awesome. What is it about the anti-hero doing good that brings a smile to our faces?

Latest posts

Back