Punisher MAX (Ennis #1-60) Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: Punisher MAX Series Discussion *Spoilers*

Victor Von Doom said:
So awesome. What is it about the anti-hero doing good that brings a smile to our faces?

maybe cuz its something we'd do ourselves if we knew how to get away with it? its not a I CAN SAVE THE WORLD WITH MY (fill in power).

nigma said:
maybe cuz its something we'd do ourselves if we knew how to get away with it? its not a I CAN SAVE THE WORLD WITH MY (fill in power).

Maybe. There is a sense of more realistic escapism in the Punisher than say Sentry.

Victor Von Doom said:
There is a sense of more realistic escapism

and so he has said the magic words....realistic

Victor Von Doom said:
Well about as realistic as one can be in a world where men can walk on walls.

and so far, there hasn't been a single "super" person seen or mentioned.

Last edited:

#35 just came out.....and it was ok. Nothing too spectacular. No violence....well aside from one death. But it wasn't by Frank or Barracuda so whatever.

This was an all story issue. Ennis does a great job in tying the story behind this mess up and prepping you for the finale next issue.

I can't wait.

I just finished reading the first arc, and it rocked. The Punisher is hardcore. The story was great. The art wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

I can't wait to get caught up with this series. :rockon:

ProjectX2 said:
I just finished reading the first arc, and it rocked. The Punisher is hardcore. The story was great. The art wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

I can't wait to get caught up with this series. :rockon:

Welcome to the cult---I mean club. :wink:

It is sooooo worth your time to get caught up.

I'm glad people are getting into this. The worst thing that could possibly happen would be for this book to go the way of Supreme Power back to Marvel Knights because of numbers.

Victor Von Doom said:
Welcome to the cult---I mean club. :wink:

It is sooooo worth your time to get caught up.

I thought I joined the club when I read "Up is Down and Black is White"?

Anyway, I'm half way through "Kitchen Irish". Maginty is a big scary ****.

ProjectX2 said:
I thought I joined the club when I read "Up is Down and Black is White"?

Uhhhhh..........its a new club for every arc you finish? :? Yeah....that's the ticket. For every arc you complete--you move up a rank in the club and are shown it's inner secrets. Yeah....that'll do.

booyaev2.gif
Boo-yah!!! Good save!!! Go retcon!!! :lol:

ProjectX2 said:
Anyway, I'm half way through "Kitchen Irish". Maginty is a big scary ****.

Maginty is a member of Ultimate Defenders compared to Barracuda. I'm telling you....the book only gets better. You might not like "Mother Russia"...but it picks up again right after that!!! :rockon:

Ice and TGO say Mother Russia is their favourite arc.

Just finished Kitchen Irish. It was cool, and the art was pretty good as well. I still liked In The Beginning more, though.

I knew the chest was either going to contain a bomb or perhaps Nesbitt's head or something, and then it would have turned out the Houdini guy was behind it all. But it was a bomb. It was still awesome though.

On to Mother Russia.

ProjectX2 said:
Ice and TGO say Mother Russia is their favourite arc.

They know nothing!!! "Slavers" is everyone's favorite. :lol:

Actually---"Mother Russia" is still damn superb. Not my favorite arc...but still so much more better than a lot of stuff out there.

I picked up "Up Is Down and Black Is White", today. I'm reading it tonight.

Here are my Punisher MAX plans as of now: I'll try to get "The Slavers" whenever I can. "Barracuda" will be out in a few months and I plan to get it, but I think I'll start getting it monthly with the next arc (I believe it begins in September. I'll have to check.) and pick up "Barracuda" later.

I forgot to post that I caught up to Punisher MAX. It's fun. I prefer the first three arcs more, though.

Plus, I read The Cell and Born. They were pretty good as well. Ennis was born to write The Punisher.

ProjectX2 said:
I forgot to post that I caught up to Punisher MAX. It's fun. I prefer the first three arcs more, though.

Plus, I read The Cell and Born. They were pretty good as well. Ennis was born to write The Punisher.

You gotta find "The Tyger" too. Probably one of the best written one-shots to date.

Victor Von Doom said:
You gotta find "The Tyger" too. Probably one of the best written one-shots to date.
They're putting all the one-shots into a trade.

moonmaster said:
They're putting all the one-shots into a trade.

Hardcover, I think.

Latest posts

Back