Punisher MAX (Ennis #1-60) Discussion *Spoilers*

thee great one

Master of TOG-fu.
I picked up volume 4 of this series. "Up Is Down & Black Is White." (#19-24)

This is the singlest nastiest, most disturbing, grossest thing I've ever seen. But I loved it. In it, it had a guy piss all over Frank's families body, murder his family when he was little, have sex with his fat aunt when he was little, get a blowjob by another guy. This was so incredibly wrong. I hope Ennis never leaves the book. 5/5

Last edited:
Re: Punisher MAX Series Discussion *Spoilers*

I thought this series was ten different kinds of awesome. I'm really digging "The slavers" as well. This is probably the title that I anticipate coming out the most, after ultimates.

Terraneaux said:
I thought this series was ten different kinds of awesome. I'm really digging "The slavers" as well. This is probably the title that I anticipate coming out the most, after ultimates.

Welcome. 8)

I agree.. The Slavers was the first arc I started picking up. It's easily one of the best ongoings right now.

Isn't it? Consistently solid.

I think my favourite arc, however, is the first six-issue arc of the current MAX run. But they're all really top notch.

Bass said:
I think my favourite arc, however, is the first six-issue arc of the current MAX run. But they're all really top notch.
I think that's my favorite, too. So much damn good stuff. Only thing...I don't have #1... :cry:

icemastertron said:
I think that's my favorite, too. So much damn good stuff. Only thing...I don't have #1... :cry:

Welcome Back Frank. There is one way to get it without buying the Punisher MAX trade... Buy the Punisher movie trade. It comes with Punisher movie adaption, first appearance of the Punisher, and if I'm not mistaken, Punisher MAX #1.

ProjectX2 said:
Welcome Back Frank. There is one way to get it without buying the Punisher MAX trade... Buy the Punisher movie trade. It comes with Punisher movie adaption, first appearance of the Punisher, and if I'm not mistaken, Punisher MAX #1.
The actual issue? Sweet! Thanks. :D

icemastertron said:
The actual issue? Sweet! Thanks. :D

Okay, I made a mistake.

This series is amazing.

The last scene of #29, which just came out... yeesh. Punisher goes to this grotesque villain and proceeds to torture and scare the **** out of them until he kills them, and the scene is so well written, it just ****ing haunts you. The violence, the pleasure, the terror, and the guilt.

This is not a nice comic at all.

God bless the Punisher.

Jackie Estacado said:
the punisher belongs to MAX and Ennis - it is a 3-way orgy of violence and depravity, i love it :p
Damn, straight! Who else is going to show us a mob boss having sex with his fat aunt in the Marvel Universe? I don't know who!

:lol:

*vomits*

ennis just rocks!
he can do over the top violence like the punisher and born and be serious at the same time or do stuff like fury (which i thought was frikkin mental!) or the welcome back frank arc and be funny and sick at the same time.
i prefer the dark, serious, sombre tone of the MAX series - it suits the character so well (like bendis' DD). look forward to every issue (and the game is cool :wink: )

Issue 29 was awesome. Another great issue. What Punisher did to that woman was sick. It was awesome.

A

Last edited:

#30 was a good conclusion to this arc. Maybe I'm just a sick bastard but I cheered when I saw Frank pull out the gas can and lighter.

we all did, we all did ;)

chk out Nighthawk for some equally as cool 'justice' - if only Batman figured this out years ago.....

My favorite part of this arc is still when Punisher threw the woman at the window a few times before falling out with said window in #29, I think it was. The conclusion was great, and I almost thought the officer and the social worker almost got it on! :lol:

Wonderful comic.

"Don't come back here."

****ing give it to 'em, Frank me boy.

Latest posts

Back