Rob Liefeld on Alan Moore

It seems to me the only thing he's ****ting on is Alan Moore's public confrontationalism (i.e., "a whiner") and the 'mythified persona' (which I'm sure even Moore himself would want to play down)

Sure, he's being a little bit of a jerk about it, but still.

Ugh. I can't understand how this man is on anybody's radar any more.

Last edited:
I saw this on Millar World and that didn't end well over there.

One more insult and kiss this thread good-bye.

I didn't post the one on Millar World, if that is what you mean. As for the insult, I am not sure what you are talking about. Where I live (Montana), b******** is synonymous with complaining of any sort and vice versa. If you're offended by it, I apologize, but I was not trying to insult. If you want me to tone my language down, done deal. I usually post on sites more liberal with that kind of stuff, so I have developed a bad habit in that area.

I agree that Moore is a jerk, and he is extremely touchy, but I do not think Liefeld has the right to criticize him. Although the fact that one of Awesome's main contributors pulling out definitely hurt the company, Liefeld wasn't exactly helpful or supportive of what Alan Moore had done, and has subsequently butchered it since.

I didn't post the one on Millar World, if that is what you mean. As for the insult, I am not sure what you are talking about. Where I live (Montana), b******** is synonymous with complaining of any sort and vice versa. If you're offended by it, I apologize, but I was not trying to insult. If you want me to tone my language down, done deal. I usually post on sites more liberal with that kind of stuff, so I have developed a bad habit in that area.
No, I'm talking about that this was also posted on Millar World (don't see how you thought I meant you posting the other one) and it was quickly closed.

The insult has already been deleted from another member. I don't care how much anyone hates any creator, no one has any right to insult them by calling them improper names.

Last edited:
No, I'm talking about that this was also posted on Millar World (don't see how you thought I meant you posting the other one) and it was quickly closed.

The insult has already been deleted from another member. I don't care how much anyone hates any creator, no one has any right to insult them by calling them improper names.

I thought that somebody had posted almost identically to how I had, and so you assumed it was the same person posting the same thing here. So I wasn't sure and decided to clarify that it wasn't the same person. I'm paranoid like that.

It all ties into the Creator Bashing thread I made.

Critique the work...not the person.

Unless its Robin Williams, Carlos Mencia or David Carusso.

c4p741n4m3r1c4ig1.jpg

Moore wins.

Yeah, this is kind of funny.

For one thing, Moore is temperamental because he can be. He doesn't like people ****ing around with his work and he has every right to feel that way. It's not like he's had so many problems with different companies because he's just some whiny dick, it's because he stands by his principles.

With that in mind, he is a shrewd businessman. Read his "Twilight of the Superheroes" pitch and all the stuff about how it could be marketed and merchandised and you'll see that. But I doubt that anyone can make it in the comic book industry without those kinds of skills.

And in regards to the idea that all his magic stuff is a shtick, well who cares? He's obviously invested in it, you can't write something like Promethea just for the hell of it, but I wouldn't be surprised if some of the stranger aspects of his personality are just an act. That's just a part of magic. Look at Aleister Crowly.

The bottom line is...Liefeld has no room to talk. Maybe someone should get him and John Byrne together. I bet they could just sit together and ***** about people for the rest of their lives.

Oh and my favorite line from the article:

"...it's flattering that he found his groove back with us and started winning awards back with us because people forget, he'd fallen off the map, you can't really find a great Alan Moore book from '90 to like '96..."

Ahem.

Last edited:
I could not care less what a second-rate artist has to say about probably the greatest writer in the the history of the comics medium.

It's like reading about a frat-boy who's talking about his encounters with shakespeare.

I'm keeping it at that, because I could and would say many many bad things about Rob Liefeld.

I could not care less what a second-rate artist has to say about probably the greatest writer in the the history of the comics medium.

It's like reading about a frat-boy who's talking about his encounters with shakespeare.

I'm keeping it at that, because I could and would say many many bad things about Rob Liefeld.

Agreed.

Liefeld's right. It doesn' matter how great Moore is (and he is great), Liefeld's still right about everything.
I have to go with Joe on this one, Just because Liefeld sucks as an artist doesn't mean his opinion of a person, he actually worked with, shouldn't count just because that person has done some great works.

Latest posts

Back