Runaways Vol. 2 #25-30 (Joss Whedon/Michael Ryan) (Spoilers)

Re: Runaways series discussion (spoilers)

Good read, great dialogue.

And yet...

It's not that it feels completely different. It's the time frame between issues. We went from "OMG Iron Man!" To meeting the Kingpin.

I would have liked to see them escape Iron Man and make their journey to New York.

But, even that's not a big complaint.

It was really good.

It's not that it feels completely different. It's the time frame between issues. We went from "OMG Iron Man!" To meeting the Kingpin.

I would have liked to see them escape Iron Man and make their journey to New York.

That's what I said when they threw away the Iron Man encounter in the Runaways Saga. That was really lame.

I think eventually he might gain an interest in engineering or something and end up making his own weapons.

If you notice, he manages to keep the Leapfrog in good repair, removed the laser from it really fast in that one issue, and when Victor got smashed up in the YA/Runaways special, Chase was trying to fix him. I always saw him as having a more intuitive approach to machines, not an academic, building blueprints type thing.

What is the release date for the 3rd HC?

And also, what issues will it contain?

Will there be a separate trade for Young Avengers / Runaways: Civil War, or is it included?

Thanks ahead of time. :D

What is the release date for the 3rd HC?

And also, what issues will it contain?

Will there be a separate trade for Young Avengers / Runaways: Civil War, or is it included?

Thanks ahead of time. :D

Wikipedia says April 18th, thirteen to twenty-four, and yes.

Edit: And you know what would make it even more awesome if/when they time travel? I know they're going pretty far back if you judge by the cover for twenty-seven, but according to my Old Nico theory, there will be a stop within the twentieth century. How great would it be if they saw Topher?

Last edited:

3rd HC was recently pushed back to around May 5th, or the first Wednesday in May. I don't feel like checking.

I can't wait. I just hope this doesn't hurt Digest sales for #7, as its release is only two weeks or so prior to the HC. I guess I'll buy the Digest, for completion and to be a good sport...

Has a writer's work ever been referenced in a book before, only to have said writer take over said book later down the line?

Because I remember Topher's line "Whedon got it wrong" and always thought it was kind of weird that Whedon would later take over the book.

My bad. I think this is the first time Runaway's wasn't discussed immediately. Not that the issue was any less stellar. Anyone care to discuss? Molly's whole punching Frank Castle w/o powers spiel was hilarious. My two gripes was Chase not being super stoked to see The Punisher and their nearly flawless takedown with the ninjas.

I'm gonna be the one to say it because no one else will......

I'm not liking Whedon's run on this. I'm just not. I said the last one was great. But that was just initial response. I re-read the previous issue before I read the current one last night and I gotta say "Yawn".

Aside from Molly punching the Punisher and Whedon's excellent use of thought boxes......I just wasn't feeling it.

And to boot----Whedon's not even staying onboard as permanent writer. You just know they're gonna hand over the book to C.B Cebulski.

Molly hitting the Punisher was the best, but the "That's more than the usual amount of ninjas" line was my favorite.

And we had some explanation for Kingpin's actions after the last Daredevil arc.

I'm still not sold on the art.

Oh, and it seems like the old woman and the wing man might just end up being Nico and Chase after all.

It was fun. Molly punching the Punisher was funny. I had to get past my "Ennis' Punisher doesn't shoot kids for stealing a clock" but I had to accept this isn't Ennis' Punisher. (My own fault for reading Punisher before Runaways.)

Still, it's pretty cool so far. Not bad at all.

I'm gonna be the one to say it because no one else will......

I'm not liking Whedon's run on this. I'm just not. I said the last one was great. But that was just initial response. I re-read the previous issue before I read the current one last night and I gotta say "Yawn".

Aside from Molly punching the Punisher and Whedon's excellent use of thought boxes......I just wasn't feeling it.

And to boot----Whedon's not even staying onboard as permanent writer. You just know they're gonna hand over the book to C.B Cebulski.

I'm not overly excited about Whedon's run, either. The time-travel adventure isn't as fun and original as I had hoped.

Did it bother anyone else that Chase and Nico seem to have more chemistry now than Victor and Nico? It's like Whendon forgot that they were in a relationship.

And Timetravel = Lame.

It was pretty obvious to me that Whedon wouldn't measure up to Vaughan, but he still does it waaaay better than other people would. Except... bracelet! Why, continuity? Why did it have to be you?

Tsk tsk, Kingpin. Someone hasn't heard of the Inverse Ninja Effectiveness Principle.

Nice to see someone actually considering the physics of the recklessly super-strong punching flatscans.

what did the Punisher mean by " it wouldnt be the first time"...punisher has REALLY shot children before?

Probably young gang members... but yeah that struck me as a strange thing to say.

In an issue of the second volume of Peter David's Captain Marvel (issue 2, I believe), it was strongly hinted that Punisher killed a kid after seeing a vision that the kid would grow up to be a murderer or something.

But the Runaways are teenagers anyway, with Chase being 19. That's not beyond the realm of possibility. Molly might be safe.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back