Saga by Brian K Vaughan and Fiona Staples (SPOILERS)

Re: Saga by Brian K Vaughan and Fiona Staples

whoa, this one blew me away! got damn this book has been so excellent! easily my favorite book this year! i forgot how good it was... 3 pages into this issue and i was regaled with its brilliance.

#8 came out yesterday.

Fantastic, as usual. I'm glad to see that Marko's dad is helping Alana and isn't a war kook. Again, I like the little things like the ship agreeing to help him on his mission.

Marko and his mother use a restraint spell on Fard, the naked giant with the disgusting..."area"...and he says he saw Izabel, but that the planet is actually an egg that's about to hatch.

Gwendolyn shows up to The Will's manager. Looks like she's a bounty hunter now, or about to become one.

ALSO - in the letters column (I think this book might have the only letters column I have ever read) Fiona Staples describes the process she uses to draw and color the book. I love the wide range of bright colors she uses - even dark settings have a weird brightness to them that makes the book really pop.

SO I've been thinking about it and Fard could be the giant's god too. The ! and ? variations could easily be replaced by someone using Jesus/Christ and the third person comments could be just that. He will do this and he will do that. Fard could be hatching.

Downloaded all of these this week. I'm really digging this book. I've always trade waited books and this will be the first book I follow as a monthly. I'm going to try and get my GF to dress up as Alana and me do Marko next Halloween.

Downloaded all of these this week. I'm really digging this book. I've always trade waited books and this will be the first book I follow as a monthly.

I've tradewaited for a long time and same here - this was the first book in years that I decided to pick up monthlies. Actually, I pick up the monthly printed books and the digital ones as well. I don't mind paying for good stuff - vote with your wallet.

I'm going to try and get my GF to dress up as Alana and me do Marko next Halloween.

I think the next issue's letters page is going to have a bunch of cosplay stuff in it.

I've tradewaited for a long time and same here - this was the first book in years that I decided to pick up monthlies. Actually, I pick up the monthly printed books and the digital ones as well. I don't mind paying for good stuff - vote with your wallet.

Wait, you buy the printed issues and the digital versions?

Yes. Digital for reading, print for collecting.
Same here.
This and Manhattan Projects.
"Vote with your wallet" is a sentiment I can get behind!
Also, digital copy is what I show others to get them hooked.

Wait, you buy the printed issues and the digital versions?

I double dip on Saga, the Manhattan Projects and Casanova. And if any of them would do an Omnibus/Absolute style release i'd triple dip in a heartbeat.

I double dip on Saga, the Manhattan Projects and Casanova. And if any of them would do an Omnibus/Absolute style release i'd triple dip in a heartbeat.

I also got the first TPB of Saga. I would love to see deluxe hardcover or omnibus editions when the time comes.

E also buys the scripts and the original artwork for every issue.

But I don't.

You will when Bass sets off that EMP device he's been building.

I would do that if I had the opportunity.

Fanboy.

They can get jobs.

Ah, there's nothing like feeling the sweet sting of sweat upon one's brow from a hard day's work...especially as a child. China would love you.

I didn't realize that The Will had a mask on his cloak until this issue.

He keeps saying that Lying Cat is his sidekick.

He's a godamned superhero.

I didn't realize that The Will had a mask on his cloak until this issue.

He keeps saying that Lying Cat is his sidekick.

He's a godamned superhero.

In #9 - how great was the look on Lying Cat's face when he called out The Will for lying?

I just picked this up on a whim when I was stranded in a comic book store in downtown Halifax. I felt bad about imposing my presence on them for for (potentially) hours, so I bought Saga because I've been meaning to read it for ages and it had a trade.

Then I read it (over beer! there was a pub next door!), went back and bought the back issues I HADN'T read, finished those, and read it all again. I plan on starting it a third time soon. I love it that much, and really wish I could have included it as an option in my gr. 11 classroom last term (even though it's probably a tad too inappropriate for that. WHATEVER THEY COULD HANDLE IT). I haven't read anything that feels so fresh and instantly likable in ages.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back