Scott Pilgrim (spoilers!)

Re: Scott Pilgrim

I've been meaning to pick this up, but they don't have any of the books at my LCS.

517684927_0f1b1b08ab.jpg

Advance Solicited in Previews this week

I love Ramona's new hairstyle!

But I wonder how come she looks so disappointed. Hmmm... Foreshadowing?

I'm hoping the next volume will contain at least a few more hints about Gideon, who seems to be the real "Big Evil" among the Seven Exes.

I've got this odd feeling that he will look exactly like Scott...

late hour jumbled blues is the diagnosis, and more scott pilgrim is indeed the prescription.

aside from the dialogue and the characters (which, despite my brief mention, are in fact quite deliriously wonderful, and the crime of my near-dismissal of the aforementioned shall surely return, unfavorably, to me at a later date), i think my favorite elements of the book is the informed integration of video games as a sort of unspoken basis for the entire universe.

i hope that the movie deal goes through.

i hope that the movie isn't terrible.

But I wonder how come she looks so disappointed. Hmmm... Foreshadowing?
Um, probably not.

The past Scott Pilgrim covers have never used Ramona's expression --- or that of any of the other characters --- as being indicative of anything that happens in the story.

837203280_7a7eb89f3d.jpg

Hee...

Also: I have definitely been put in that situation before...

Also Also: I love Scott Pilgrim more than life itself.

so i just finished rereading them for the hundredth time, and now im finally getting a little suspicious of Kim Pine.

The magical demon guy who captured Kim in High School to lure Scott is obviously Gideon... He looks too similar to the gentleman in the shadows at the end of volume 3 to be a coincidence...

Also there was that whole thing about Kim having a date, then saying she stayed home scrapbooking... Plus she clearly resents Scott's being in a relationship with Ramona.

Yeah... Maybe im just exhausted, but SOMETHING is going on.

Really? I thought that Kim and Ramona were getting kind of buddy-buddy there at the end of vol. 3, though I do agree that something big is going to happen with her.

i -do- hope she stays good, but I also think she has some connection to Gideon, and that Gideon was the guy who captured Kim in High School.

Amazon says November 14th

O'Malley says either Nov 14th, or Nov 7th... but its all finished and being edited and printed right now...

Just a few more weeks...

If it comes out the 14th, it'll coincide with the release of League of Extraordinary Gentlemen: The Black Dossier. Thus making that the coolest comic book day of 2007.

Scott Dot Ning! Bryan Lee O'Malley's brand spanking new Scott Pilgrim Discussion Board!

From the Speculation thread:

Dr.James (who is ME) said:
I think we're going to find out what happens when Scott gets beaten for the first time in a long time. I think they're building that up with Simon Lee (who did seem to be Gideon, just in the way BLO'M handled him at the end of volume three... but now that people are pointing out that its probably misdirection, and the fact that Gideon would be best waiting to show up until one of the later volumes, but im not sure). We'll find out soon enough.

I predict we'll finally get a little more backstory on Ramona (who I am definitely getting some Katchoo from Strangers in Paradise vibes from), but not the bits that involve Gideon quite yet... Maybe more about her college years. The fact that Scott knows so little about Ramona comes up in the preview on the site, so I assume that's where the trouble in their new relationship will begin... Trouble that a certain Lisa Miller might show up to use to her advantage. Plus Lisa could turn out to be another person for Ramona to fight.

One of the Seven Evil Ex-Boyfriends will be Lawrence Pilgrim. Cuz that would be awesome. Brother vs. Brother battle = wonderful... Plus we'd get more story on where he's been all this time.

I'd also like lots more Wallace in his capacity as Scott's mentor-type person. Maybe find out what he does for money.

Bryan Lee O'Malley said:
Some of your theories are totally right, and some are totally wrong!

Hee hee hee.

Volume 4 will help you out, I think.

He didn't respond to anyone else's speculation, cuz I am extra special.

:D :D :D :D :D

It is awesome to be able to speculate about Scott Pilgrim somewhere, because there are only like three people here who read the damn book, even though its the best Indy comic ever.

Last edited:

It is awesome to be able to speculate about Scott Pilgrim somewhere, because there are only like three people here who read the damn book, even though its the best Indy comic ever.

I read it and enjoy it. For some reason I still find it hilarious that Ramona was wearing Mr. Men shoes.

Look forward to vol. 4.

Scott Dot Ning! Bryan Lee O'Malley's brand spanking new Scott Pilgrim Discussion Board!

From the Speculation thread:

He didn't respond to anyone else's speculation, cuz I am extra special.

:D :D :D :D :D

That is awesome! I completely agree with the Lawrence theory.

I am already the second highest poster on Scott Dot Ning (BLO'M is the top poster).

Anyone who likes this should join, since BLO'M posts there pretty much all the time... Its a great chance to actually have a dialogue with a creator about his work while the membership is still relatively low.

Latest posts

Back