Just read Episode 4 which seems to go into some more detail about Dooms input into Battleworld. I'm fairly happy I'm not the only one with some confusion around this. Fairly recently back into it and I kept thinking I had missed some of the 'essential reading'. Turns out not so much.

Last edited:
So did #4 establish that he stole the Beyonders' powers and that's how he was able to pull fragments of worlds out of the time stream?

Also that they killed the Beyonders in the process. Kill kill or comic kill remains to be seen I guess.

Also that they killed the Beyonders in the process. Kill kill or comic kill remains to be seen I guess.

Yeah, remember how "the" Beyonder was "killed" in the original Secret Wars.

This has to be costing them significant income, right? Not only are they not publishing as many books but it seems like a lot of people have smaller pull lists lately.

This has to be costing them significant income, right? Not only are they not publishing as many books but it seems like a lot of people have smaller pull lists lately.
I don't know if it costs Marvel any money, but I'm sure retailers/costumers are the ones who would be 'suffering' right now because of the delays.

Marvel isn't putting out as many books in the short term because they're getting pushed back, so they are probably taking a hit, but it will balance out eventually when the books do come out, assuming the buyers don't lose interest and still buy the delayed comics.

I don't know if it costs Marvel any money, but I'm sure retailers/costumers are the ones who would be 'suffering' right now because of the delays.

If the retailers are taking a hit, so is Marvel.

I wonder if large-scale delays like this ever make it onto stock reports. It's weird to imagine Wall Street people discussing the impact of Secret Wars #5 being delayed.

Really? How so? Not that I disagree with you, I'm really just curious how.

People cancelling their order numbers would be less money into Marvel's pocket

Last edited:
But what of the books that were already ordered? Aren't those already paid for?

I'm imagining when something is delayed they are able to change their order

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back