Spider-Man Sensational Spider-Man series discussion (spoilers)

Im really enjoying this arc. I love this idea of Eddie actioning off the symbiote, but i was hoping one of his enemies would get the suit. Like Shocker or something

ALRIGHT, SPOILERS ARE AHEAD...

Well, only two things should really need be mentioned.

1.) GW, you might get your wish. The Venom suit left the kid it had, and the kid fell to his death from a rooftop. Died on impact, blood everywhere. The reason the suit left him was because the kid started to 'disagree' with Venom. Venom is now looking for someone else....again.

2.) While the kid was still Venom, he punched Spider-Man thru his back, and you saw it go thru his stomach. Venom than held his hand up and you could see all the blood on his hands. Then Spidey came back and beat him up, with no explanation of how he didn't die!!

Thoughts?

1.) It's really a shame that the kid died... From what I hear from people that new Venom had a lot of potential with that particular host and now that oppurtunity's gone.

2.) This can be dismissed by Millar's way of suspense writing. He did it with Ultimate X-Men. If you remember Wolverine stuck his claws in Magneto's back and Magneto survived fine.

icemastertron said:
2.) While the kid was still Venom, he punched Spider-Man thru his back, and you saw it go thru his stomach. Venom than held his hand up and you could see all the blood on his hands. Then Spidey came back and beat him up, with no explanation of how he didn't die!!

Thoughts?

No no no - that wasn't Spider-Man. It was someone dressed as Spider-Man with his buddy taking pictures trying to get the $5 million reward.

icemastertron said:
Oh thats what it was. Man, I gotta read more slowly. Thanks for the correction UltimateE.

Don't worry - you aren't the only person who didn't see it. Someone on the Bendis board asked the same thing.

Does Millar stop by the Bendis board, too? What are they talking about that over at his board?

So, do you think that the Venom suit will cling to any villain? Brock? Spider-Man?

Goodwill said:
Does Millar stop by the Bendis board, too? What are they talking about that over at his board?

Millar does stop by Bendis's board. I have seen a couple threads on MK Spidey #8 at Millarworld but havne't read any of them.

icemastertron said:
Well, he's dead.

Ah, you aren't reading carefully again! ;) Brock isn't dead. Reread that part again.

Yeah, I read it again and it was Spidey narrarting that Brock went into an alley on some street, opened his hands (with blood on them) and saying that he wasn't going to make the night.

No, it wan't a cliffhanger. The issue ended with the mystery villain sticking to a radio tower antenna or something. Me, I think it's Carnage. He's one of the bad guys that hasn't shown, and plus like Venom, he can stick to places.

I mean, it sure isn't Shocker! lol

Actually it was kind of a cliffhanger. And Millar said himself that the mystery villian will be revealed in #9. #9 opens the final 4-part arc, then Millar is off the book. All the arcs tie together....

So is the book going to continue on then? When I first read about this Spidey series, they said that Millar was going to write it, and was only going to be 12 issues long.

But then someone else said it might continue. Does anyone know for sure?

Millar said on his site that he's pretty sure they will continue the book and get someone else on it, because it sells pretty well. But yeah he'll only be on for 12 issues.

UltimateE, who do you think this villain is? To have Carnage would be a stretch since, after all, Carnage is a bit of a savage, right? A murderer, right? I don't think he would have enough self-control to not kill Aunt May and to organize all of this JUST for Spider-Man.

Well GW, as of issue #6, it [appears] to be that Aunt May has been killed. Though nothing is certain cince there has been no dead body shown.

I'm pretty sure that Aunt May is still alive...as for the villain, I don't have a clue. Here's what we know:

- He obviously has a lot of money, or a way to access a lot of money
- He has fangs
- He can stick to walls
- He most likely just recently found out Peter is Spider-Man

I think that rules out Carnage, but that's just my opinion. I'm not familiar with a lot of the lower-level, older Spidey villains, and I think that's where Millar is going with this. I don't even have a guess!

Latest posts

Back