Seven Soldiers of Victory series discussion (spoilers)

A SOLDIER MUST DIE! Will it be...

• Total voters
Disregarding the time travel paradox and can of worms this story opens, it is still my favorite comic ever.

The 1st volume hardcover was released recently. I received mine yesterday. I bought it despite owning the 4 paperback trades because I am, as Friday once described himself, a format whore and a snob - I really prefer hardcovers.

It collects the comics that were in the first two paperback trades, so there will be one more volume which will be released in February. I'm not real crazy about the new cover art but I do like that it is half of a larger picture (there's a name for that which I can't remember right now). The new cover art is by Ryan Sook who drew the Zatanna mini. I miss the 7 Soldiers stylized logo. I also hate that they removed the individual issue cover art. Why would you do that? They did include the cover art from the first two paperback volumes.

"The person you'll be helping us to kill...is yourself, Tom." I love it.

Disregarding the time travel paradox and can of worms this story opens, it is still my favorite comic ever.

The 1st volume hardcover was released recently. I received mine yesterday. I bought it despite owning the 4 paperback trades because I am, as Friday once described himself, a format whore and a snob - I really prefer hardcovers.

It collects the comics that were in the first two paperback trades, so there will be one more volume which will be released in February. I'm not real crazy about the new cover art but I do like that it is half of a larger picture (there's a name for that which I can't remember right now). The new cover art is by Ryan Sook who drew the Zatanna mini. I miss the 7 Soldiers stylized logo. I also hate that they removed the individual issue cover art. Why would you do that? They did include the cover art from the first two paperback volumes.

"The person you'll be helping us to kill...is yourself, Tom." I love it.

Couldn't agree with you more, on all points.

And I think, the word you're looking for is diptych.

Ryan Sook is an amazing artist. He needs more work on the bigger books instead of JRJR or everyone else they have going.

Ryan Sook is an amazing artist. He needs more work on the bigger books instead of JRJR or everyone else they have going.

Couldn't agree more. It boggled me when Sook walked away from X-Factor to do the Friday the 13th comics.

The 1st volume hardcover was released recently. I received mine yesterday. I bought it despite owning the 4 paperback trades because I am, as Friday once described himself, a format whore and a snob - I really prefer hardcovers..

Still am too.

I didn't know they did an HC release for this. All I have are the single issues. DID they collect them in the right order or did they do the minis together?

Still am too.

I didn't know they did an HC release for this. All I have are the single issues. DID they collect them in the right order or did they do the minis together?

The story order.

Just re-read this again.

Love it.

The whole thing is so good that I would ongoings for any of them.

I'd be most interested in Shining Knight (remember Ali mentioned to her the reign of a Justina the Good - I think that was the name - which seemed to indicate time travel was possible for her). Frankenstein would also be great - especially if the writing style was kept.

I remember reading an interview with Morrison where he said he was shocked no one was writing a Frankenstein series. It basically writes itself.

I remember reading an interview with Morrison where he said he was shocked no one was writing a Frankenstein series. It basically writes itself.

You'd like Frankenstein, dawg.

The ENTIRITY of Seven Soldiers is now on Comixology.

Please stop me from dropping $60 more on this series.

Please.

Ultimate Houde said:
Did this ever come out in an oversized Hardcover?

No but it did come out as a two volume hardcover.

I doubt we'd see an oversized hardcover. It was 31 issues and two of them were oversized. DC has had horrible quality control issues on their hardcover books. Marvel could pull it off because the quality of their books is much higher (at least a couple of their Omnibus volumes were over 40 issues).

The ENTIRITY of Seven Soldiers is now on Comixology.

Please stop me from dropping $60 more on this series.

Please.
I dunno... No ones stopped me from buying Casanova over and over...

I need a big HC of the run... like an Omnibus... yeah...

Friday said:
I need a big HC of the run... like an Omnibus... yeah...

I wouldn't want an Omnibus until DC fixed the manufacturing process on their books.

But yeah, I think I will buy this over a few months period so I'm not spending a ton of money on it at once.

I shall start with Frankenstein.

Latest posts

Back