Seven Soldiers of Victory series discussion (spoilers)

A SOLDIER MUST DIE! Will it be...

• Total voters
This version of Darkside and his Dark Side Club appeared in the current issue of Flash, trying to steal his children. The reason for this is unknown.

I just realized something.

Each of the 7 soldiers died and was reborn in their own way.

Klarion stopped being the innocent boy that he was and became a (presumably wicked) king of the Sheeda.

Zatanna and Bulleteer "died" in similar ways but didn't turn out evil in the end.

I, Spyder (who is really the REAL 7th soldier) literally died and was reborn, as was Miracle Man.

Frankenstein "died" in that he lost control of himself and became a tool of the Sheeda.

Shining Knight "died" as a boy and was "reborn" as her true self.

Guardian "died" and lost everything when Carla left him, and he was reborn a REAL hero.

What an awesome series.

I just re-read this the other day and had another thought. The series didn't delve into alternate timelines at all...so if Seven Soldiers were always destined to stop the Sheeda, how did they even come into existence in the first place. Huh? HUH?!?!

Understand-BunnyToiletRoll.jpg

How can the Sheeda come back from Summer's End, 1 billion BC, if they've been defeated in the present day? If they've been defeated now, they can't exist in the future and therefore can't come back to today, to Camelot, or any other time.

MIND ****.

I thought they came from the future.

They did.

But how can they come from the future - how can they EXIST in the future - if they were defeated today?

How can Gloriana Tenenbrae exist in 1 Billion and Who's Counting AD if she is killed in 2007-ish?

And if she is killed in 2007-ish and therefore *should* be dead in 1 Billion and Who's Counting AD, how can ANY of the Harrowings occur?

They did.

But how can they come from the future - how can they EXIST in the future - if they were defeated today?

How can Gloriana Tenenbrae exist in 1 Billion and Who's Counting AD if she is killed in 2007-ish?

And if she is killed in 2007-ish and therefore *should* be dead in 1 Billion and Who's Counting AD, how can ANY of the Harrowings occur?

Because she was born in the future not in the present.

Like if my grandchildren came back in time and they were killed. It wouldn't stop them from being born still.

Like if my grandchildren came back in time and they were killed. It wouldn't stop them from being born still.

That means there would have to be multiple/alternate timelines. There is no indication in the story that this is the case.

Exactly. The Sheeda are our descendants and they travel back in time to reap humanity in different peak eras. Their rise is an inevitability. The harrowings that took place in the past will continue to happen. It's just, their journey to the present is where they're finally stopped. The time line isn't fractured at all. There are no alternate futures or pasts.

E, did you ever read the three issues of JLA Classified that Morrison did before Seven Soldiers which introduced the Sheeda? Or the two issues of Robin which featured this version of Klarion even drawn by Irving?

You know I remember as a little kid watching Ninja Turtles 3, Donatello saying "If we die in the past, doesn't that means we will never exist?" I just about scream at the screen "THAT NOT HOW TIME WORKS! Geez and I'm like 7 years old and I know that!"

Last edited:
DUDE!

So when I traveled in the past and killed the dinosaurs, and screwed the timeline, so I still poop in toilets in the present?

In other words, you have overthought the comic book E. Please back down from the ledge, it's alright. Trust us.

Don't the Sheeda come from 1 billion years in the future? And they go back in time and eat the past? Therefore, it doesn't matter when you beat them, as they are still to exist.

E, did you ever read the three issues of JLA Classified that Morrison did before Seven Soldiers which introduced the Sheeda? Or the two issues of Robin which featured this version of Klarion even drawn by Irving?

Neither. I always wanted to check out the JLA Classified issues but never was able to find them.

Latest posts

Back