Seven Soldiers of Victory series discussion (spoilers)

A SOLDIER MUST DIE! Will it be...

• Total voters
Re: Seven Soilders of Victory

ourchair said:
I haven't really mentally computed the exact measurement of the lags and delays you speak of, but aren't all the books technically bi-monthly? That means if you count backwards then Zatanna would be on schedule if the first issue was released last March.
Here is the *original* release schedules:
IGN said:
February 2005
Seven Soldiers #0 - February 23

March 2005
Shining Knight #1 - March 9
The Guardian #1 - March 23

April 2005

Zatanna #1 - April 6
Klarion The Witch Boy#1 - April 20
Seven Soldiers #0 (2nd Print) - April 20

May 2005
Shining Knight #2 - May 4
The Guardian #2 -May 18

June 2005
Zatanna #2 - June 1
Klarion The Witch Boy #2 - June 15
Shining Knight #3 - June 29

July 2005
The Guardian #3 - July 13
Zatanna #3 - July 27

August 2005
Klarion The Witch Boy #3 - August 10
Shining Knight #4 - August 24

September 2005
The Guardian #4 - September 7
Mister Miracle #1 - September 21

October 2005
Zatanna #4 - October 5
Klarion The Witch Boy #4 - October 19

November 2005
Bulleteer #1 - November 2
Frankenstein #1 - November 16

December 2005
Mister Miracle #2 - December 7
Bulleteer #2 - December 21

January 2006
Frankenstein #2 - January 4
Mister Miracle #3 - January 18

February 2006
Bulleteer #3 - February 1
Frankenstein #3 - February 15

March 2006
Mister Miracle #4 - March 1
Bulleteer #4 - March 15
Frankenstein #4 - March 29

April 2006
Seven Soldiers #1 - April 5
So I guess that means only Zatanna and Klarion are presumably running late. Problem is, those were the only two that were meant to come out this month, to begin with. :miffed:

Oh well -- I assume that it means we'll have four 7S titles to look forward to in November, assuming nothing else gets delayed. I'm just a little miffed because I percive the wrapping-up of the 'first wave' of titles as necessary for closure, before kicking off the next half. Yeah, I'm lame like that.

I didn't even notice the delays. :shock: Obviously, I'm not too into this series.

compound said:
Here is the *original* release schedules:So I guess that means only Zatanna and Klarion are presumably running late. Problem is, those were the only two that were meant to come out this month, to begin with. :miffed:
A month late. At least that's a month late in total schedule and not month late for every issue. Not that I condone it, but it could be worse. You could be collecting Ultimate Secret.

Bass said:
I didn't even notice the delays. :shock: Obviously, I'm not too into this series.
Neither did I. I look at Seven Soilders like a treat that comes every so often. Like Ice Cream when you're a little kid.

So Frankenstien is absolutly insane. The flesh eating horses of mars? And whats his name has been working against Glorianna?

I think that Mr. Miracle is going to read better in one sitting. We've got alot going on, including Morrison commenting on his own writting style. If my personal theory (this is all happening either OYL or in the gap) is accurate I'd like to know hpow all the New Gods got screwed over. And how Highfather was brought back to life.

Intresting bit from Wondercon for us 7S fans.
Seven Soldiers
Back at the San Diego Comic-Con in July 2005, it was mentioned the Seven Soldiers ties directly into Infinite Crisis. This is not true. "It relates in the sense that these characters will appear in [the DCU]," Morrison explained. "It takes place a week before Crisis... that why there are no heroes around." Morrison did say that there are some references to Crisis in April's Seven Soldiers #1.
So much for my OYL theory.

Re: Seven Soldiers of Victory discussion

For a second there, when I thought upon reading the quote in Baxter's post, that Seven Soldiers was going to tie into Infinite Crisis and become a part of it, I was going to go terrorist.

Well I got my trade today. It was very bizarre but I loved it. The Zatanna issues were the best part. Very creepy. Issue 0 was awesome with Vilgante and the giant spider. Great stuff. I can't wait for part two.

Pirates!?

There are pirates in the mother****in subway?!

The second was great. Shining Knight is a woman. I didn't see that coming.

Kalrion's issues were better than the first. What a creepy little thing.

I liked the ending of Manhatten Guardian.

The Zatanna issues were great. I liked how it continute where one of the Knight one left off.

I'm loving finding how these tie together.

B+

So did anyone else see Klarion in IC #6? I guess we know one soldier who won't die.

I think the original thread should be locked because it was so early on and we hardly knew jack **** about who could die, or what the status quo might be at the end of this series...

But here we are... With the release of Seven Soldiers: Frankenstein #4 yesterday, we are finished with 29/30ths of the maxiseries... And I think its about time we reconsidered which soldier might die in the epic finale to this series.

So Lets get out our checklists:

- First thing of Data -> Grant Morrison has confirmed that all of the events in Seven Soldiers occur one week before Infinite Crisis (and one billion years after infinite crisis, but that's aside the point), so any Soldiers who have shown up in an issue of Crisis will be surviving... (so get flipping those pages, boys!)

- SHINING KNIGHT - The Arthurian Female Knight, Ystn, complete with Caliburn (aka, Excalibur)... She knows **** about fighting these Creeple People, since she is the sole survivor of the destruction of the Archetypal Camelot...

- MANHATTAN GUARDIAN - He is a newbie to fighting demons, although he handled himself well fighting Train Pirates (I hold to the fact that the idea of Old-Style Pirates moving about the forgotton subway routs of Manhattan is just about the coolest thing ever).

- ZATANNA -
She knows her magic, but is the first to admit that she doesn't always use it responsibly...

- KLARION - bum bum bum.... THE WITCH BOY! Does anybody get that but me? No? Oh... Well, he was pretty awesome, and I hope he continues on making an impact on the magical side of the DC Universe.

- MISTER MIRACLE -
He survived the Anti-Life Equation, and escaped the Omega Sanction... Honestly, what are a bunch of fairy-people going to do to him?

- BULLETEER -
She doesn't want to be a hero. Therefore, she will be. That is the rule of Comic Books.

- FRANKENSTEIN - FRANKENSTEIN ****ING ROCKS! He is the baddassest mutha****a on the planet... In his series he beheaded a middle schooler, saved a bunch of enslaved street children ON THE GOLD MINES OF MARS, fought Sentient Death WATER and won, and then single handedly went ONE BILLION YEARS into the future to destroy 6 of the seven Sheeda invasion ships. Plus he's already dead. So he can't die again.

So Vote on who you think will die... then tell me what your favorite series of the Seven Soldier comics was...

(Mine was definitely Frankenstein)

By the way, as I was bagging and boarding a whole ****load of comics, I reread the entire series in order, and it feels so much more like a single, epic story that way.

Seriously, this on top of Infinite Crisis and everything else just proves to me how much DC rocks right now.

If you still are an idiot and havent gotten this series, either Download it or go pick up the trades (the first two are out) or the singles.

Because it is AWESOMELY good.

[EDIT: I Forgot to make the Poll, and it won't let me do one just by editing... :( ]

Last edited:
I haven't read the series, but I'm going to download it and buy the trades if it rocks.

I don't think Zatanna will die, nor Klarion... maybe Bulleteer?

Has it actually been said that some of the Seven Soldiers are actually going to die?

I get the feeling it will be Bulleteer who is going to die, but with the whole not wanting to be a hero thing, i think that's too obvious. Plus as she's got indestructable skin it just seems more likely to be her for some reason:?

I hope Frankenstein doesn't die, or the Manhatten Guardian, just because he fought train pirates:D

Klarion bum bum bum... the witch boy, is from Young Justice: Sins of Youth, though i admit i only know due to the magic of wikipedia.

Grant Morrison said some of the Soldiers wouldn't be making it out alive.

Does that mean more than one might die? And we did have a poll on this, but it only had like three options, and was made by the muddled Bass fiend.

I'm downloading this series now.

Just make sure to read it in this order (the order in which it was released):

Seven Soldiers of Victory #0
Shining Knight #1
Guardian #1
Zatanna #1
Klarion the Witch-Boy #1
Shining Knight #2
Guardian #2
Zatanna #2
Klarion the Witch-Boy #2
Shining Knight #3
Guardian #3
Zatanna #3
Klarion the Witch-Boy #3
Shining Knight #4
Guardian #4
Mister Miracle #1
Zatanna #4
Klarion the Witch-Boy #4
Bulleteer #1
Frankenstein! #1
Mister Miracle #2
Bulleteer #2
Frankenstein! #2
Mister Miracle #3
Bulleteer #3
Frankenstein! #3
Mister Miracle #4
Bulleteer #4
Frankenstein! #4
Seven Soldiers of Victory #1

Or you will miss many of the intricate connections betweeen all of the series.

Dr.Strangefate said:
Just make sure to read it in this order (the order in which it was released):

Seven Soldiers of Victory #0
Shining Knight #1
Guardian #1
Zatanna #1
Klarion the Witch-Boy #1
Shining Knight #2
Guardian #2
Zatanna #2
Klarion the Witch-Boy #2
Shining Knight #3
Guardian #3
Zatanna #3
Klarion the Witch-Boy #3
Shining Knight #4
Guardian #4
Mister Miracle #1
Zatanna #4
Klarion the Witch-Boy #4
Bulleteer #1
Frankenstein! #1
Mister Miracle #2
Bulleteer #2
Frankenstein! #2
Mister Miracle #3
Bulleteer #3
Frankenstein! #3
Mister Miracle #4
Bulleteer #4
Frankenstein! #4
Seven Soldiers of Victory #1

Or you will miss many of the intricate connections betweeen all of the series.
Don't forget JLA Classified 1-3 were a prelude with the sheeda taking over the Ultramarine corp from Morrisons JLA run.

I too dug Frankenstein the most, but I think Mr Miracle would have edged it out if it would have had Pasquell Ferry on art for the entire thing.

I enjoyed Mister Miracle, but his series didn't really fit into the rest of Seven Soldiers all that smoothly (hell, the Sheeda were only mentioned in the last issue)...

It was just a "holy ****ing ****" moment when I realized what they were talking about at the beginning: Darkseid won the war against New Genesis. Darkseid has the Anti-Life Equation... Do the rest of you remember JLA: Rock of Ages? We know what happens when Darkseid has that sort of power.

(its not good)

Knowing my luck it'll be either Zatanna, Bulleteer, Ystn or Frankenstein. Those were the one's I liked most. I'd like to see it be Mr Miracle, only cus it's not Scott Free. Wasn't a big fan of Klarion, it was too goth, even for me. I gotta admit, the best part of this whole series has been the interconnectivity.

It was nice to see I wasn't the only one who remembered the appearance of the sheeda in JLA Classified.

Latest posts

Back