Re: Shadowland

I don't read Daredevil, but I thought this sucked. Art and writing :T

I disagree. It was essentially a giant fight comic but I liked it.

It's about time someone killed Bullseye.

The writing was definitely a step down from the core DD book, but I still enjoyed it... Although I am definitely not a fan of taking Bullseye off the table, however briefly, seeing as he is one of my favorite villains of all time. At the same time though, it is the best step for Matt to take to fully fall into this darkness he's in.

I dunno about this.

This Daredevil...it doesn't feel like Daredevil. It doesn't make any sense. He doesn't act like Daredevil at all.

I've been re-reading Bendis's run and this is just completely different. I don't think I like it.

I do like the new costume though.

Why exactly is killing Bullseye seen as a bad thing within the story? Daredevil's gotten darker, I get that. But Bullseye is a murderous psychopath who's killed I don't know how many people. Killing him is a reasonable thing to do.

I really hate it when writers try to use superheroes killing as a plot device. Mostly because it almost always ends with some moral crap that doesn't make any sense.

Then again, Bullseye's too popular to stay dead, and the series just started. So yeah.

Daredevil let him fall from the top of a building back when Miller was writing it. He expected him to die, but he survived and was completely paralyzed. Daredevil then went to his hospital room and forced Bullseye to play russian roulette with him, only revealing afterwards that the gun was empty. (He was cured later by some mystic Japanese Samurai crime lord guys who also replaced his spine with Adamantium - written by Denny O'Neil)

Anyway, my point is that Daredevil has done some pretty "dark" things to Bullseye in the past.

Daredevil #508 continues the story, and reveals a mystery to the story that I wasn't expecting.

It was definitely the best issue of Daredevil in months. I'm glad that Shadowland has recharged the character/title.

Still think there's a weird disparity in quality between Shadowland and Daredevil. I hope the writing picks up a bit in Shadowland #2... But it was great to see Master Izo back in the book.

Hum... I don't know.

The revelation that
Matt is losing control of his mind to some possessive entity
makes me cautious.
I mean, I understand that he probably killed Bullseye of his own will and that's probably the trigger that is ultimately letting him be taken over
but I worry it's going to be an excuse to give the character amnesty in the eyes of the reader. But, I'm definitely willing to keep giving this a shot. I really like like Diggle's writing and Tan's art was surprisingly solid. The DD ish was definitely a step up from the first issue of the mini, and all-in-all it feels like a very strong premise for a street level event.

I'm definitely more excited about this than any "event" since Final Crisis.

Last edited:
Read this today and Tan's Art really is amazing. Havn't really read any of the other stuff in shadowland, but its enough to peek my interest

The only things out right now are Shadowland #1, and Daredevil #508.

and just read Shadowland #1, D. 508 makes a lot more sense. I like the no more holding back Daredevil he reminds me of someone, but I just can't place my finger on it.

Shadowland #2 was decent, I liked Kingpin
summoning Ghost Rider
as well as Moon Knight getting himself captured. The big confrontation between DD and the Hand vs the street heroes also starts, I'm curious to see where Diggle is going next.

The Shadowland: Bullseye oneshot was an okay story but completely unnecessary.

Moon Knight is the best part.

#2 was really cool, but Ghost Rider feels really wedged in

Moon Knight was handled superbly, Diggle has a great handle on him

Tan seems so off and on so far with this for me, he draws an amazing Ghost Rider, and the Moon Knight segments were great, the rest was rather tame

Shadowland: Daughters of the Shadow seems like it will be decent - it looks like it will focus on Colleen joining Daredevil and learning about her mother. #1 was a good start.

Shadowland: Powerman #1 was utterly retarded, though.

Latest posts

Back