So, who is it? (Ultimates 2 #5 spoilers)

Who is the traitor?

• Total voters
Bass said:
I just realised that you said "intimidating".

Did I scare you or something?
Perhaps a touch. Its intimidating because its an extensive, thorough post and I'm half afraid you'll point out anything blindingly obvious that invalidates any theory I post. But I also have no theories so that doesn't bother me greatly.

Er... I'm not an *******. If you post a theory, I won't have a go at you. I may point out flaws, but it's not out of malice or anything. I'd hate to think that I'm responsible for people not posting their thoughts on this topic.

Bass said:
Er... I'm not an *******. If you post a theory, I won't have a go at you. I may point out flaws, but it's not out of malice or anything. I'd hate to think that I'm responsible for people not posting their thoughts on this topic.
God no, I don't think that. Don't worry about it, I'm always imitated by completeness. Its a confidence thing.

Bass said:

Bass with that attitude you'll never fit in here. :wink:

*Sigh*. You're right Ultimate E. I guess I'll just have to be flamed (literally), and then put in a prison.

Go on... I dare ya... I'm opposed to the invasion of Iraq and I have long hair...

I'd have to say Hawkeye or Scarlet Witch.The reasoning behind Hawkeye was already done by Bass:

Bass said:
Hawkeye, could also be the traitor, if one assumes that the reason he doesn't carry/operate his mobile phone when Nick Fury calls him (as seen in Ultimates 2 #4) and why he was late to the meeting in #2, is because he works for other superiors in SHIELD.

but my moneys on Wanda.Think about her and Pietro's "relationship".Would either of them send the other in2danger?But Wanda blatantly winds him up in this issue and sends him towards Thor even though he's been sent flying three times already.How touching.....plus she deals with magic and other realities(see her dialogue in this issue)and you see a relationship to Loki forming.....

Y'know what? I think I've changed my mind to Hawkeye being the traitor.

Stay tuned for "The Hawkeye Manifesto"... coming when I can be bothered to do it...

I'll be honest I'm shifty between Black Widow and Hawkeye and all the lateness and not being able to get a hold of him... does make you think. But making Hawkeye sell out would seriously cheapen the character. I mean he's the only non-superhuman. That could even be his motivation... but should we be relating to him more because he's just a normal guy with a family even... I hope it's not Hawkeye.

Yeah, I hope it's not Hawkeye either.

But the reasoning makes sense, in some aspects. Millar doesn't make many unimportant things happen. I always thought that Hawkeye's "Hey, sorry I'm late" stuff was just to get him a line or two. But him being with other superiors would make sense. Other high Government ops that want to make the Ultimates more military (Hawkeye is a career soldier after all) and more willing to go abroad to fight. It could even be that he's not evil. Just taking orders from a higher-up than Fury. Someone in the Executive Branch.

However, in the solicitation from July, the traitor is supposed to hurt another Ultimate (in the worst way). before I read this, I thought it'd be Black Widow whacking Hawkeyes family.

I would think the traitor's action would speed up the timetable of subjugating the world under their (superiors') will, and therefore, it would only make sense for them to horribly attack the life of an Ultimate that does not go along with the gameplan. This, in my opinion, would be Stark. Perhaps, the traitor will ruin him financially?

with arrows.

he can shoot him in the tumor and inadvertently heal him! which would make the opening for my theory of "Black Widow is only in it for the inheritance, so she leaves Tony when he's cured"

Hawkeye.
Gut instinct. They've played Wanda up to be a great possible though, with the first almost use of her powers. But I do feel as though Hawkeye has been given a little character development of late, and it's for a reason.

I think Hawkeye is the right answer, since Loki (above) said so under the alias of Guijllons.

Should I do a "Hawkeye Manifesto" Guijllons? Or would that reveal too many of your plans?

:humble bow:

If it's Hawkeye, it would basically mean that this Hawkeye went the opposite way of the 616 Hawkeye, meaning here, he would go from good to bad, as opposed from bad to good.

Bass said:
I think Hawkeye is the right answer, since Loki (above) said so under the alias of Guijllons.

Aw crap. I get all excited because Guij is back and it turns out to not even be him. :(

Cap sleeping with the enemy?

My first inclination was to rat out Hawkeye, but now I'm more inclined to think it's the Wasp. She already has a track record for deception (hiding the fact she's a mutant), she's a regular on the talk-show circuit (what better way to cover your tracks than by trying to be the high-profile hero?) and she seems to have some wild personality swings (hollering at Cap in the hospital, then flirting with him at a party). And don't forget the scientific jealousy she and Pym had toward Banner. Pym apparently got over this and wound up befriending and probably saving Banner. But the Wasp has the media connections (Fury pointed out her love of the limelight at one point), and there was no indication she ever felt anything but contempt for Banner.

The Widow and the mutants are, I agree, too obvious. Cap, Iron Man and Fury are too crucial as core characters in the UU. That leaves Hawkeye and the Wasp, and I'm leaning toward the latter.

There would be the added irony that Captain America has been unwittingly sleeping with the enemy. For those who want to see Cap knocked down a notch, that'd be a heckuva way to do it.

Last edited:
Indeed. Good observation Parthuman. I can imagine Hitllar doing this heinous deed to the Cap.

:ponder:
screw you guij!

Latest posts

Back