So, who is it? (Ultimates 2 #5 spoilers)

Who is the traitor?

• Total voters
Yeah, and for some reason, I'm not a member of Millarworld even though I signed up.

It's all a conspiracy.

But I love you Rhyo, you told that forum I was amusing and mentioned my Loki Manifesto.

But I only love you Rhyo. The rest of you will burn at my feet.

*ahem*

Back on topic.

Bryan Hitch said:
Thanks for the love words, same too for everybody here. You've all been so kind it's really lifted my spirits and made me all excited again. Now I need to get back to the massacre of an Ultimate's family and "Grand Theft: USA".
Holy mother, it did say that the Traitor would damage another Ultimate in the worst possible way.

Crikey..

Ok, I really don't think it's Hawkeye now.

I think the real question isn't "who is the traitor ?" , but "who could prove to be a huge surprise for Thor ?"

I don't know if my question is comprehensible (remember i'm a french guy ^^) ?

I was torn between Nick Fury (not in-character for him to betray the Ultimates), Black Widow (too obvious), and Wasp (too out there) with Hawkeye being my main man.

But after this post - I think it may be Wasp. I dunno.

Clint_Barton said:
I think the real question isn't "who is the traitor ?" , but "who could prove to be a huge surprise for Thor ?"

I don't know if my question is comprehensible (remember i'm a french guy ^^) ?

Makes perfect sense. Which is why I think Nick Fury or Wasp are the main contenders right now.

Wasp? killing someone's family? Not a chance in hell she would do that intentionally. Natasha would, Wanda would, Pietro would. But those three are too obvious.
What the hell happened to Hawkeye's security anyway?

And why would this force kill Hawkeye's family?

I do see people getting picked off one by one here, Hank's gone, Banner's gone, Thor's gone, Hawkeye may go.. who next?

Guijllons said:
What the hell happened to Hawkeye's security anyway?

Weren't they called out to take on Thor?

Whatever it is, that's a great point in context of Hitch's "slip".

UltimateE said:
Weren't they called out to take on Thor?

Whatever it is, that's a great point in context of Hitch's "slip".
The US military, and SHIELD have enough resources to have a permanent and dedicated guard on Hawkeye's place. I don't buy that they couldn't get enough people out there, so they called the guys that were guarding his family.
This suggests that someone high up ordered them away.
Like only Nick Fury could.

Guijllons said:
The US military, and SHIELD have enough resources to have a permanent and dedicated guard on Hawkeye's place. I don't buy that they couldn't get enough people out there, so they called the guys that were guarding his family.

Oh man, this is the best book ever. :rockon:

My three main suspects is Tony Stark, Nick Fury and Captain America. This is only because the others wouldn't surprise me.
Out of those three I don't think Tony Stark has much to gain if he betrayed the Ultimates and Fury is already in charge of the team so the only one left is............................................... :shock:

But if you think about what Loki said that Thor would be surprised when he found out who the traitor was I think we can count Fury and Captain America out since I don't think Thor would be surprised if it where them.

So the right know I have no clue as who the traitor is but it most likely will be Betty Ross. :lol:

Guijllons said:

We are getting ahead of ourselves here, assuming that it's Hawkeye's family that gets killed, but it does seem like the most likely scenario. Hitch tends to be much more straightforward in his net comments than Millar does, so taking his words at face value is a much less dicey deal...

In issue #4, Hawkeye gets home and is annoyed that the security detail is missing (he says something about having 6 agents assigned, 24 hours a day, which makes you wonder: "is he really worth the manpower hours of 6 agents to protect his family while he does his job?" Apparently so.) His wife says that they are at someone's house (presumably next door), getting a cat out of the dryer. The hint there being that the security detail doesn't take the assignment all that seriously and they are easily distracted.

It doesn't say in the solicit that the traitor is revealed in issue #7, only that the traitor makes a move. So it could be that Hawkeye stumbles across a clue that he doesn't recognize or, using my fav guess of Natasha as traitor, figures it out and confronts her, and the target of the "slaughter" is actually Hawkeye and his family is just collateral damage.

Let me have another beer and I'll come up with a few more.

Last edited:
Well, i think it is widow ... why ?

She is totally faking the whole Iron man thing. I remember when tony was taking that big bomb in homeland security she almost seemed happy about him making a sacrifise.

She is a spy so she knows how to get the info. She just took out Ultimates 2 strongest members: Thor and hulk.

I think she will kill Hawkeyes familie next. There is the hint about the guards not always being there. This might hit Hawkeye so hard that he leaves. This is something Widow is aware of. I think Widow is working for a undercover thing form Russia. Something not even Putin knows about. She will steal Ultron and use it at the russian team. It will end up in a giant battle between the ultimates and the russian ultimates. Putin denigs any connection !

More beer, Rhyo! More beer! And bring with it more Lenore avatars filled with goo! Mission goo!

Actually, I thought the solicit for #7 said the traitor was revealed as well as making the horrific move?

I don't think it's in Millar's character to hold out too long on the traitor. I think that's a bit of a cheap ploy to keep people reading. And with the pace of the issues so far, he undoubtedly has a lot to fit in this next arc.

And the "getting the cat out of a neighbours tree" line, I'd forgotten. Though it does seem kinda conspicuous. I think my Fury theory still holds, though I'm loathe to believe that he is the Traitor. He is the Ultimates.
I still firmly believe that Fury is a good guy, it's just that this theory does hold. as many theories may about any of the characters.

ok. i liked, Bass, your argument for Hawkeye. I think that would be really fun if he was the traitor. But i wouldnt like it cuz I like Hawkeye as a hero more.

I would also like to see Banner with Pym.

Mostly banner tho. heres how it works.

Banner wants out of his cell so bad that he pretty much "sells his soul" to Loki. He outs himself and then he begs Pym for help with the serum. Wait, this might not work out; we know Fury was monitoring the convos. never mind.

crap. i dont know.

Betty would be cool too.

Hawkeye would be a very interesting choice and he is at the one I voted for, but there are a few other possibilities. The Wasp would certainly be interesting but I still having a hard time; she just seems kind of out of the loop to me, like she her position in SHIELD just isn't prominent enough.

I have a bad feeling that Black Widow will be the one, but she just seems too obvious. I wouldn't neccessarily be disappointed if it were her, it just wouldn't be much of a suprise.

Then there's Scarlet Witch, another possibility. While reading #5, I developed a theory that Scarlet Witch was either being impersonated by or controlled by Loki, hence the reality warping and the urging on her brother. Before I read the issue, I had heard someone else suggest something like this, and I feel that it was dissmissed too quickly.

Pym is a possibility, but is too obvious. I was interested in the Banner theory, but Bass's comments made me realize it wouldn't work. Cap: no way. Tony: not very likely. Nick Fury: possible, but I really don't think he's a villain.

As for the possible death of Hawkeye's family: How do you know that the traitor is going to kill them? It could be an indirect result of the traitor's actions.

moonmaster said:
Then there's Scarlet Witch, another possibility. While reading #5, I developed a theory that Scarlet Witch was either being impersonated by or controlled by Loki, hence the reality warping and the urging on her brother

This I found interesting too. We haven't really seen Wanda's abilities in effect at all, until now. And.. we still haven't. We don't know the complete physics of the Ultimate universe yet, and what really is possible.

She started out in 616 as a reverse longshot, and now (in 616) she's magical. So her powers can't be as simple as they were, nor magical like they are.

My personal feeling is that this was a little nudge at Bendis and his "wanda goes mad and the world goes boom" storyline.

Latest posts

Back