So, who is it? (Ultimates 2 #5 spoilers)

Who is the traitor?

• Total voters
Thanks, Bass. You know, Cap made his debut by thinking Fury was a Nazi spy. Wouldn't the Millar run go full circle if he finds out his girlfriend is a spy? My guess is he'd be the first one to figure it out.

I'm still going with Wanda,mainly cuz Millar loves pissin people off.He's said,on the record,that the only reason he didn't off Colossus in Wolverine was cuz JoeyQ wudn't let him.

Patriot said:
I'm still going with Wanda,mainly cuz Millar loves pissin people off.He's said,on the record,that the only reason he didn't off Colossus in Wolverine was cuz JoeyQ wudn't let him.

I think, that only proves why Millar's work ebbs and flows. When he does work to shock, rebel, and piss people off (like Wanted, Chosen, Wolverine) - it's generally quite poor.

When he does something he believes in (which sometimes can shock, rebel, and piss people off too - it's just not only about that) he excels (The Ultimates, Superman: Red Son, The Authority).

TheManWithoutFear said:
Would you guys rather it be someone we're expecting (Hawkeye, Black Widow, Pym, Fury) or someone out of left field (Captain America, Jan, Quicksilver) ?
Obviously I'd like a surprise, a surprise with damn good justification.
If I were to think about going against what I think Millar might do, then it's probably because he's said something like "you'll never guess who it is", which he did.

Jan I feel is quite right wing, the all smiles when Cap. beat up the muggers gave me that. I think she feels that it's ok for people to be judge and jury in those situations, and has no qualms about using force to resolve them. Also, I never thought she liked banner. He wasn't a "big man" like Steve is, and, like Hank was in their relationship. She stayed with him remember, and I think I'm not all too sympathetic for people who do stay in an abusive relationship. I think she has her own definition of weakness, and aligns herself with what she defines as strong. This certainly gives a sorta psych profile that would allow her to be the Wolf. But her reasoning as to why she did it, may be linked to her relationship with Betty.

Cap I feel is an outside bet. He'll take the law into his own hands, sure he will, he did it with Hank. And there is no way that he would do anything as sneaky as leak to the press. He'd sooner go to Banner's cell and kill him. And he'd never do that. He's a man of honour, even if it is sometimes misplaced.

Quicksilver will do anything for his sister, anything, she's a manipulator, and he loves it. I don't think he has the balls or the bottle to work solo on this, where I fully believe Wanda would. Unless.. he is actually doing it for her, for some reason. But what could these powers be that have influence, these unknowns? If Pietro did it, he must have been promised something.

I don't think Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are well-defined enough for them being discovered as the traitor to warrant it as 'surprising'.

Bass said:
I don't think Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are well-defined enough for them being discovered as the traitor to warrant it as 'surprising'.
How so? I wouldn't be a surprise if it was them. Any of those two being the traitor wouldn't be much of a shocker, if ya think about it.

Well remember whoever they decide on who it is is turning that character into a very dark character. Darker than Banner hulking out and darker than Pym beating his wife. We're not talking about a person with emotional problems who is a tad emotional. We're talking about the first major villain of The Ultimates. Do you want to see Jan turn into the bad guy?

The thing with Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver is that they're mutants and with Magneto escapeing... that's too much of a load on the mutant community. I'd like it not to be them just so I don't have to hear "of course the mutants did it"
besides if you really think about it. This is a political battle we're talkin about what advantage are they gonna get out of screwing over America?

I don't wanna see Jan be the bad guy, it's just an echo of the crappy disassembled breakdown, women's issues rubbish.
If Fury did it, he did it knowing that Banner would escape. But I don't feel he has enough cause to do it.

I'm still with Hawkeye, I don't know why, I don't know how. In fact, the only reason I pick him, is because he really seems to have the least reason to do it.
(unless it was still the fading possibility of it being Ultron)

The only thing I don't like is that we have to wait months to find out who the traitor really is. I hate waiting so long....

I think my Ultron idea is quite clearly out of the window now. There would have needed to be an allegiance for it to be a traitor.

I think with Hawkeye, it goes back to my old theory. "Never trust anyone who doesn't have at least one visible vice", Clint Barton is a family man, he appears straight as an arrow (excuse the pun). But, the Ultimates are his bread and butter, so, who is this force? HYDRA?

Bass said:

That's why I don't think it's Hawkeye, either. There is no dramatic payoff in the traitor being someone the reader doesn't really know much about or care about, either way. Plus, given the solicit for #7 and the off-hand comment about the missing security at the house in issue #4, I think he's being set up for Bad Things.

The biggest pay-offs (from a plot POV) for the traitor are: Cap, Fury, Jan, Tony, Natasha, with Hank being an outside bet. I can make a case for or against any of them at this point. Any one of those characters being the traitor elicits a strong reaction from the rest of the team members (and the readers).

I really don't think it's Hawkeye, because of this slip on Millarworld.net:

Bryan Hitch said:
Thanks for the love words, same too for everybody here. You've all been so kind it's really lifted my spirits and made me all excited again. Now I need to get back to the massacre of an Ultimate's family and "Grand Theft: USA".

Basically, unless Hawkeye kills his own family, he can't be the traitor. That said, another Ultimates member's family could be killed - but who? Who else has mentioned family? Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch? "Thorlief's" "brother" "Gunnar"?

Bass said:
Basically, unless Hawkeye kills his own family, he can't be the traitor. That said, another Ultimates member's family could be killed - but who? Who else has mentioned family? Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch? "Thorlief's" "brother" "Gunnar"?

Gah, I missed that, must be in the "Hitchy" thread. I was sort of hoping I was wrong and that *wasn't* foreshadowing in issue #4.

Well, Cap has Bucky and Gail, and I am sure they are the closest thing to "family" he has... other than that, I don't think any other family has been shown.

Latest posts

Back