So, who is it? (Ultimates 2 #5 spoilers)

Who is the traitor?

• Total voters
TheCell said:
There's one reason I eliminate captain america from being the black gloved traitor. He wouldn't be talking to pym so casually. And the suit in the bedroom wouldn't help pym's case too much either.

An interesting point - if it is Cap I would have loved to seen what he said to Hank abou thte Cap costume in the bedroom. :lol:

Well, since this is their life, the Ultimates, I would imagine that all of their lives change. Also, would this discount Hawkeye since he really doesn't seem like he's part of the fold? Hmmm...

ranaj said:
Don't forget that Betty Ross had access to all sensitive information about the Ultimates AND was the one to talk about Hank having beaten Jan while at college. A claim not varified by any other source. Indeed Betty seems to have made the claim simply tomotivate Cap into going after Hank.

Betty is one of the traitors.

I don't really think she is THE traitor mostly due to the fact she's not a super soldier and it is said that the traitor IS one.

Unless they gave her super powers! She did make the hulk cry after all.

Yes. Loki states it's a super solider. Yes he could be lying. But if we go down that road, then there is no proof of anything. We have to guess by the clues we have, be they red herrings or no. This is all in my Traitor manifesto. In fact - ALL the evidence for the traitor is in that thread.

Characters lie all the time. They should. No one knows their own heart that well.

And in a mystery, it's necessary that character's lie.

But, if we assume Loki is lying, we can't speculate. So we accept that what's he's saying is true, so we can guess.

TheManWithoutFear said:
... shut up

Oh man that was rude... but hilarious looking back at it. I have nothing but love for you Bass. Seriously, though the thing is I doubt they'd lie... I've never seen a character lie in a comic and if he did there'd be some visual evidence for the reader to know that he/she was lying. We, as readers, are supposed to be Omniscient to a degree.

I agree with the both of you. I think the audience is supposed to be aware of things going on around them, however, this is Millar we're talking about. At the drop of a hat, you know Millar is capable and insane enough to alter a character into something at the other end of the spectrum... It's Millar. Shut up. :)

Its a simple issue. Normally, when characters lie, we're meant to know. The exception to this is when there's a big secret that they're trying to shock us with. So a lying character is perfectly within the realms of possibility.

When you know who the traitor is, you'll be able to go back and find the hints that would have told us their identity now. But until then, I personally don't think we've been given enough information.

Caduceus said:
When you know who the traitor is, you'll be able to go back and find the hints that would have told us their identity now. But until then, I personally don't think we've been given enough information.
Actually, what I think has happened is that we've been given TOO much information that Millar has made it easy for our hyperactive imaginations to concoct all sorts of red herrings in our heads.

We know so much about Hank and Steve and so on that is relevant to the issue that it is impossible to make a level-headed decision.

Regarding everything Let me just twist all my theories together.

Hawkeye is being questioned because of Black ops and the traitor is Black Widow. Fury is on the cover because he's responsible for Black Widow. Tony's life is the one that gets changed.

If anyone wants to vote for someone not on my poll list, then they're wrong, crazy, and in the words of Michael Jackson, "They're just ignorant".

Thinking about this.... Captain America can not be the traitor. Out of all of the superhumans running around he's easily the biggest celebrity. How is he even gonna get a hold of thugs like the guys who broke into Hawkeyes? It doesn't add up. People are going to be watching Steve Rogers. Jan was being watched too but specifically for what reason? Someone said to keep tabs on her just because she's meeting with Hank. The Ultimates seem to regard Hank as a pathetic, no threat, loser that shouldn't warrant a red flag. Unless the men watching were the tabloids then I think that possibly Fury might already be aware there is a traitor amongst them.

Still hopeing for Natasha but Jan is looking suspicious in the background.

Latest posts

Back