So, who is it? (Ultimates 2 #5 spoilers)

Who is the traitor?

• Total voters
Spade said:
YOUR ALL RONG................its wanda how else will mags escape from SHIELD in the upcoming arc? my theory she betrayed them an put the blame on thore to distract them. 8)
Polaris.

Spade said:
YOUR ALL RONG................its wanda how else will mags escape from SHIELD in the upcoming arc? my theory she betrayed them an put the blame on thore to distract them. 8)

Yeah man, it's already been given away that Polairs will break Magneto out. Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver have to much to loose if they betray the Ultimates.

Last edited:
I think that the traitor is black widow, because I think that she has the shadiest background with her being a KGB spy. She has the training to do it without making herself a suspect. I think that she's working for mother russia in some form or another. I think that natasha is a patriot who would do what ever is in the best interest of russia. One thing that really strikes out to me is that we haven't seen or heard about a post cold war russian super-soldier program. The way I see it russia is still weak after the collapse of the soviet union and is being left in the dust in this new wave of super-soldiers. I think that she's using tony to steal stark tech and use his connections with shield to steal even more info, so that she can funnel secrets back to russia. There by slowly weakening and undermining the ultimates and the union while still strengthening russia.

The reason I don't think it's going to be Hawkeye is that he has a wife and kids. If a man is going to betray his country he has to be prepared to immediately go on the run and never see his family again. While he I'm sure he has the ability, I don't think that he would take that chance.

Personally, I think it would be cool to see Jane be the traitor or working with the traitor just so that captain america can be the one to discover her treachery and kill her for it. Then we could start to see a cold indifferent cap.

that is a very good point i voted 4 wanda because of the avengers dissassembeled but i was at the library the other day readin the tpb 4 UMT an i remembered that black widow is russian an wat r they best known 4 in comics???? spys!!!!!!!

Spade said:
that is a very good point i voted 4 wanda because of the avengers dissassembeled but i was at the library the other day readin the tpb 4 UMT an i remembered that black widow is russian an wat r they best known 4 in comics???? spys!!!!!!!

Right you are!Completely forgot about that when I was voting! :roll:

How about.... there is no traitor?

Has there actually been solid proof that Loki is real? As far as I remember, the question of whether Loki exists is still up in the air. It's entirely plausible that Thor really is hallucinating Loki, and that the idea of a traitor is merely a red herring planted by Millar to distract us from something bigger.

Orrrrr....... what if the traitor is Thor? We know he has mental problems, maybe he has MPD....

I originally thought Hawkeye, considering how in the 616 he started as a villain and became a good guy, it would be interesting if it was played the other way round this time. But then... I get the feeling that the revealing of the traitor is going to have an emotional impact on the team, and seeing as how Clint has about as much character development as a potato, it's unlikely to be him.

Black Widow and the Maximoffs are just waaaay too obvious. I doubt Stark too, considering how he has a mini in the running. Cap is an interesting idea, but I'm not sure how Millar could pull that off. Wasp.. maybe.

Fuzzy Birds said:
How about.... there is no traitor?

Orrrrr....... what if the traitor is Thor? We know he has mental problems, maybe he has MPD....

Both those scenarios had crossed my mind, and I think have been brought up before.

I believe they have been, but as far as I can tell, Loki is real. It's the only way to explain all his bizarre appearances. Plus, there is most definately a traitor as all the publicity states a traitor does a horrific act in #7 (which, is possibly the death of Hawkeye's family - but that's an educated guess on our part) and I think it'd be bad form to suggest a traitor but not actually deliver, wouldn't you?

Has anyone even given thought to the idea of Iron Man's armor becoming Sentient?

*shrug* just crossed my mind as an unlikely possibility

Dr.Strangefate said:
Has anyone even given thought to the idea of Iron Man's armor becoming Sentient?

*shrug* just crossed my mind as an unlikely possibility

That would be something cool to see, but I dont see it happening.

icemastertron said:
With Millar writing, you never know... :wink:

I dont think Millar would do that. Why would the Iron Armor have against the Ultimates? It would be cool if attacked Tony.

I still think it's Tony.

EDIT* I meant Hawkeye.

Last edited:
René said:
I dont think Millar would do that. Why would the Iron Armor have against the Ultimates? It would be cool if attacked Tony.

I still think it's Tony.
Like I said, with Millar writing, you never know. The guy comes up with crazy ideas. Why would the Iron Man armor want to go against the Ultimates? I don't know. It's a great idea, and something Millar would definetly do, if he thought of it.

On the idea that the Iron Man armor is the traitor I just thought of something, what if his armor was infected with visions tech. I know this is kind of rip off of brainiac, but would still be cool.

The major reason why I don't think this would work is that loki said that the traitor was working with some friends of his and I doubt the Iron Man Armor works well with others.

So, our new clues from issue #6

Yes, we have... AN ARM! and what do we know about this arm, you may ask? Well, I'm glad you did:

1. The wrist is intentionally bare, to start the male vs female speculation (it certainly LOOKS male-ish to me...).

2. Does the wrist belong to someone who is white or black? Dunno, it's shaded darker than blindingly white caucasian, but the arm could also be in shadow.

(this is starting to sound like a bad parody of the OJ drama)

3. The speech pattern sounds female ("Oh, Hank"...) or at least somewhat feminine.

4. Although the speaker talks about "this country", the phrase "MY country" isn't used; otherwise we could have crossed off Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch and Black Widow. But no.

5. Given the confrontation between Cap and Hank at the Triskelion, we're probably supposed to think that Hank and Cap could never speak civilly. And you'd think that an exchange between Hank and Jan would have a more... personal feel to it. But we don't thnk what we're told to think, do we?

So: where were we?

I think its the wasp, and I think that she still loves Hank.

He's hurt her worse before now, splitting the roof of her mouth actually, and they've stayed together. She's probably forgiven him, and ever since Capt made an *** out of Hank, she's been getting close to him, possibly to hurt him eventually. Then they freed Bruce Banner.

Its either that or Betty Ross. She wanted to free Bruce, so she outed him to the media (she IS the PR manager), and then did her schtick with feeling guilty so that she wouldnt be suspected, and when he was "executed", she knew he would survive because of the Hulk serum. I wouldnt be surprised if she was sleeping with Hank too, or maybe she did when she and bruce were in a rough spot. Jennifer Ross would be a powerful ally for Loki too, she is a PR manager working for SHIELD, she can control the media to make Thor look crazy. Maybe thats exactly what she did.

Imagine two Ultron-level androids, and the Hulk, and then possibly Thor (if they freed him to fight Captain America) working together, They could beat the Ultimates a thousand times over... And utilize the Triskelion to apprehend power from all US Government organizations...

That'd be one heck of a fight scene.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back