Spider-Man 3 (discussion and spoilers)

He caught it the second time, didn't he?
i meant, is he still going to propose? or is he going to give the ring back to May

this may have been covered in the movie, but i probably missed it when i ran to the bathroom when peter and may were talking about it (i did not pay to sit and listen to aunt may yatter on about marriage)

i meant, is he still going to propose? or is he going to give the ring back to May

this may have been covered in the movie, but i probably missed it when i ran to the bathroom when peter and may were talking about it (i did not pay to sit and listen to aunt may yatter on about marriage)

He tried to give it back, but she left it on his desk.

Yeah, I liked how they handled that too, with the "Hero" conversation in Spidey 2. One of the best scenes in the whole series, and you can take it either way. Personally, I like to believe she's already figured it out.
personally i like to hit the fast forward button nearly everytime peter isn't in costume, i honestly could never give a rats *** about MJ, May, or Peter in any of the movies, nearly every seen where any combination of those characters are talking to each other dragged on for 5 minutes too long

i'm all for depth in a movie, but they try to hard in these movies

Yeah, I liked how they handled that too, with the "Hero" conversation in Spidey 2. One of the best scenes in the whole series, and you can take it either way. Personally, I like to believe she's already figured it out.

I completely agree

Also in the other movies I liked Tobey as Parker but this one he really sucked, all of the "aggressive" Peter Parker scenes were funny (though that scene with him dancing on the street was so long it wasnt just not funny but I wanted to chop off my own fingers). But Jesus could he move his body at all? Everything was in his face which makes it look really retarded. Specially as Spider-man, you really need to move instead of just talk, Spidey is a loose and flexible guy. Damn I wish I had creative control over this movie, would have been hundred times better garanteed

I saw it again today, and I still thoroughly enjoyed it. I think I want to marry Gwen Stacy now. :oops: There were only a handful of people in the theater, but that was probably (hopefully?) due to the fact that a new showing started every thirty minutes.

"I've got a secret, it's my new copier!" :lol:

Oh, so who agrees that Aunt May's got it all figured out that Peter's Spidey? You could tell from the second movie in the moving scene, but it became pretty obvious in this film when Peter's telling Aunt May that Spider-Man killed Sandman.

Last edited:
There were only a handful of people in the theater, but that was probably (hopefully?) due to the fact that a new showing started every thirty minutes.

Meh, at any rate it still made over $60 million this weeked, which means it's exceeded Superman Return's entire theatrical run in two weeks.

I'd like to see it again soon, probably after I'm finished the (awesome) novelization.

Oh, so who agrees that Aunt May's got it all figured out that Peter's Spidey? You could tell from the second movie in the moving scene, but it became pretty obvious in this film when Peter's telling Aunt May that Spider-Man killed Sandman.

Yeah, we were just talking about that. That scene's another great example, though.

And I do hope it stays that way. Where she figured it out on her own eventually, instead of someone trying to figure out a "new" way of her finding out by Peter telling her or seeing Peter almost beaten to death with his cotume or whatever.

So i can finally go see Spidey3 tonight! :D
to add to some spidey3 discussion i must have been to about 5 spiderman3 exhibits while i was in Tokyo. all very similar, some really lame but i wasnt allowed to take any photos and there were some really cool concept art in them too. best thing about spiderman3 though without having actually seen the movie......Spiderman3 chicken nuggets from Lawsons.

personally i like to hit the fast forward button nearly everytime peter isn't in costume, i honestly could never give a rats *** about MJ, May, or Peter in any of the movies, nearly every seen where any combination of those characters are talking to each other dragged on for 5 minutes too long

i'm all for depth in a movie, but they try to hard in these movies

I like this guy. :p

Meh, at any rate it still made over $60 million this weeked, which means it's exceeded Superman Return's entire theatrical run in two weeks.

The actual numbers just came in, and it only made $58 million, which means it basically almost dropped $100 million in one weekend. Overall, it's gonna make less money than the first two. Maybe not in worldwide numbers though.

I'd like to see it again soon, probably after I'm finished the (awesome) novelization.

I read that... before I saw the film. :oops: And yeah, it was great. The only problem with novelizations is that the first 100 pages account for the first 20 minutes of the movie, while the last 20 pages account for about the last 35 minutes of the movie. :?

Yeah, we were just talking about that. That scene's another great example, though.

Whoops.

:D

I personally liked the movie.
Although Raimi's movies usually contain a lot of character this one did well with just a little.
Being the Hardest -Core of Venom fans (I have read every Spidey comic featuring him) I think Venom was amazing.
He was evil and liked it.
I wonder if this incarnation was a lethal protector like his 616 counterpart.
The only thing I didn't like was he died at the end.

MMM.. the pie was delicious.

Being the Hardest -Core of Venom fans (I have read every Spidey comic featuring him) I think Venom was amazing.

Look dude (n00b). I like the movie myself. But considering you're a hardcore Venom fan and you though this was good, I have little to no respect for you. If anyone ****ed with Daredevil like they did with the Venom story here by shortcutting it as such, I'd be pissed. This is why Marvel gets away with what they do.

Finally i was able to see it,and i have a few things to say about it.

1-Eddie Brock should have been in Spider-Man2,but i remember him only being mentioned by name.

2-The symbiote was just a suit,so how could Peter rip it off in the church?It should have always been on his body.

3-There should have been more Gwen Stacy,but since Peter and Mary Jane were put together so early in the movies..this might not never change.

4-Sandman being reconned into being Uncle Ben`s killer?Even if it was not his fault..i think this is a bit much.

5-The meteor that fell to earth was too small,it was like a small rock just falling on the ground.It should have been bigger.

Look dude (n00b). I like the movie myself. But considering you're a hardcore Venom fan and you though this was good, I have little to no respect for you. If anyone ****ed with Daredevil like they did with the Venom story here by shortcutting it as such, I'd be pissed. This is why Marvel gets away with what they do.

Maybe he's like me. I was annoyed a certain parts of venom (e.g he should of called himself "We" not "i") But just seeing him in the movie and as well as they did was still a great thing.

Plus the rest of the film was great too. I've never liked Sandman till this movie. I thought in this movie "cool" if comic sandman was half as good as this he would be a great villain to read"

I thought Venom was fine. He worked in the context of the movie. They weren't trying to make him anything more than what he ended up being, and I agree with that decision in this case. He was a cool-looking character who worked great in the actions scenes and gave us yet another thing to geek out over.

And I'm just talking about Venom here, not Eddie, because Eddie deserves much higher praise.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back