Spider-Man 3 (discussion and spoilers)

That guy is awesome. His site sold me on 616 MJ.

He's absolutley right about her. She was terrible in the Spidey movies too.

I picked up the Spectacular Spider-man annual after you recommended it, and absoultely loved it. That's how MJ needs to be written. The ballsy wife of Spider-man; not some self centered drama-queen.

There really isn't much to like about Venom. Come on, guys.

I'm not going to get into it here, but you should this.

I could only read about half way through before giving up, but never the less Venom does has great potiential for an appearance for another medium. He can be worked on to make a great villain. But what I think is the main problem is that people want more of him and his character cant be used like that, there's just not that much to him. As a one maybe two sevent villain okay, but a reaccuring villain or lethal protecter, he simply wont work. Venom is cool and fun but thats all you can really say about him

hey all I'm back after a lengthy absence. :D
Here's what I liked about the movie:
1. I thought the jazz scene was pretty cool with the music and every thing.
2. the eddie brock becoming venom scene was in my opinion the best part in the movie
3. good development of peter while possesed by the costume.
here's what I did not like at all:
When Harry's buttler said to him: harry spider man didn't kill your father. Upon looking at his body I saw two insisions from his glider. I thought after this that this was a huge plothole. What was Rami thinking? coulden't the buttler have told Harry this at the end of the first movie or the begining of the second? this sounded to me like the buttler was saying to Harry "oh Harry I just didn't want to tell you this but after you almost dying twice and having half of your face being dismembered I said oh what the hell I'll tell him the truth. it's only been a movie and a half. Why coulden't the buttler have told harry the truth at the end of the first movie/beginning of the second then this all would have been avoided. Bad writing and major plothole and because the buttler somehow knew of how norman osborne died harry should have been told earlier WAY earlier

As a one maybe two sevent villain okay, but a reaccuring villain or lethal protecter, he simply wont work. Venom is cool and fun but thats all you can really say about him
Venom as Lethal Protector is retarded in ways that damage the character of Peter Parker more than it does Venom.

hey all I'm back after a lengthy absence. :D
Welcome back.

When Harry's buttler said to him: harry spider man didn't kill your father. Upon looking at his body I saw two insisions from his glider. I thought after this that this was a huge plothole.
I think that can be justified. Bernard had seen a lot, but not everything. Harry didn't actually go fighting till the beginning of the movie, and then he came back with amnesia, in a good mood and interested in rectifying the no-girlfriend problem, so again Bernard may have said to himself: leave it alone and maybe things will work out.

After Harry had a major fight in the house, and got badly scarred, and said things in the house that didn't sound heroic and could not have been just biased press reporting, Bernard felt he had to step in.

I thought it was gutsy of him to do it while Harry, who had shown himself to be violent as well as loosely packed, was holding a sword. If that conversation had ended in the obvious way, everybody would have said it was inevitable and Bernard should have known to keep his mouth shut.

Does introducing more than villian in a movie complicate things?

I guess they wanted to close the movie franchise out with a bang.

Spider-Man is fighting the Green Goblin's son, Sandman and Venom and himself.

Last edited:
Does introducing more than villian in a movie complicate things?

I guess they wanted to close the movie franchise out with a bang.

Spider-Man is fighting the Green Goblin's son, Sandman and Venom and himself.

I think it doesn't complicate things. Look at Batman Begins and the X-Men movies. They had a lot of villains and turned out great. If the characters are written poorly, coff-Joel Schumacher-coff, that's when it got complicated. I think all of the villains in this film were balanced well and handeled perfectly.

I think it doesn't complicate things. Look at Batman Begins and the X-Men movies. They had a lot of villains and turned out great. If the characters are written poorly, coff-Joel Schumacher-coff, that's when it got complicated. I think all of the villains in this film were balanced well and handeled perfectly.

Its not that is get complicated, its that having so many elements thrown in it throws off the natural pacing and character developement. It creates too big of leap in logic and also doesnt really allow a meaningful conclusion. Look at Sandman, what happened to his kid? And Harry turning good was horribly done, I couldnt enjoy Venom because my attention was divided between him and Sandman, it was like I was looking back and forth too quickly. Look at the previous movies, we cared more about what happen to Osborn and Ock because we went on the journey with them, Sandman and Venom where just kind of there leaving me to say "yeah so what?". The problem is that it gets complicated its that theres just not enough time. All of the villains had simular themes and in theory could work together in one movie, but there wasnt enough time to build empathy or meaningful character developement

Victory is mine!

stewie_evil.jpg

spider-man 3 is a terrible film, which i say mostly because of its deviation from what spider-man and peter parker are all about.

to take a look at the whole consumptive darkness aspect of the new suit: how does that even come across? okay, sure, he beats the brains out of sandman, and douses him. maybe a bit over-violent for spidey, but honestly, how else would one really take care of sandman? oh, right, and he breaks brock's camera. naughty spider-man.

in the end, how is the darkness of peter's soul demonstrated? the power of dance. a ridiculous, and admittedly, amusing sequence, but really, it doesn't make any damned difference for the character of peter parker: being a swoop-haired punk who's a jerk to ladies isn't interesting because... well, neither is regular peter parker.

and that's my main issue with SP3's take: spider-man isn't a fun character, not anymore, not in this flick. the reason that spider-man is an interesting character isn't because he has awe-inspiring powers, or an overbearing sense of responsibility and the guilt that brings it brings him- it's because he doesn't show it. hell, even the terribly misguided spider-man: reign got that right- when spider-man hits the fray he's always ready with glib remarks and jokes, and SP3 pays nothing to that character convention.

and let's not mistake romance and mj watson for interesting development. for that matter, let's not mistake expensive action sequences for that either. if we did that collateral damage might be considered a good film.

boring, overly serious spider-man equals uninteresting, unentertaining film.

MTV talked to "Spider-Man" franchise director Sam Raimi Friday night about a fourth film. He talked about possibly returning to the director's chair, which cast members he'd like to see come back and the villains. Here's a clip:

Either way, if this tangled web does still involve the filmmaker, Raimi has been busy brainstorming about the villains he'd like to get into the next flick. "I would love to see Electro, Vulture, maybe the Sinister Six as a team," he said.

Couldn't find a Spider-man 4 movie thread so this will do.

I hope Electro even though I said venom again and carnage I've said I've wanted to see movie Electro since first film came out and I wanted him for 4 since so hopefully that's whom they go with

Latest posts

Back