Spider-Man: Edge of Time

Just got this game. It's not bad so far. The camra is still bad with wallcrawling. But a little better then in Shattered Dimensions. I liked how the did the opening with the credits. Your crawling through Alchemax while the title and the opening credits fade in and out.

I havn't finished this yet. But I'm still enjoying it inspite the reviews. Since most of you probably won't play this now. Cause you know, critics are always right. I might as well tell you the big reveal in the this game so far. Spidey of Earth-616, runs into C.E.O. of Alchemax... and he's...
Peter Parker
. He's been taking a age regression serum. And stated Alchemax after he
lost everone he loved.
Cause
with great power, comes great responsibility and a greater need for more power.

Rented this, not completed. Oh my god does this game suck. Where to begin with complaints. They story sucks , the gameplay is not as good as the last one. Even the big selling point of two spider-men with diffrences was better last time and that had 4! the levelling up system feels tagged on.

Avoid this game. It's as bad as Spider-man 3 the game maybe even worse.

Completed it Already. So I thought I'd do a pro a con list.

Pros

+ Some Dialogue is funny
+ Alternate costumes
+Newspapers are clever
+Lot of references to comic stuff

Cons
- too short
- bad gameplay
- Stupid story
- Continuity to comics seems none as it has Anti-venom BUT Spider-man is dating MJ. Didn't crap like Anti-venom come after the new day crap thus Spider-man and MJ are not together?
- Ending is horrible
- the plot twists make NO sense (
evil peter parker and black cat
Dumb!)
- There only like 3 boss fights
- level up system is stupid
- Glitchy as hell. During freefall I ended up going through the roof of the level and dying. While i was going down! WTF!

final rating ..... 2 / 10

It's so short in fact (like a third of the last game) I'm convinced it's just an expensive demo.

- Continuity to comics seems none as it has Anti-venom BUT Spider-man is dating MJ. Didn't crap like Anti-venom come after the new day crap thus Spider-man and MJ are not together?

Eh?

Is it supposed to match up to comics continuity?

Eh?

Is it supposed to match up to comics continuity?

No but stuff like that makes no sense either. Like say if Batman Arkham city featured Tim Drake as Red robin yet Dick was then seen as a kid and robin. You'd have to say "huh what?"

It just bugged me is all. but even if you remove that its still bad

No but stuff like that makes no sense either. Like say if Batman Arkham city featured Tim Drake as Red robin yet Dick was then seen as a kid and robin. You'd have to say "huh what?"

It just bugged me is all. but even if you remove that its still bad

No. Your assessment seems spot on in comparison to the reviews I've seen. That bit just struck me as puzzling.

I don't think Arkham Asylum is a good metaphor. The reason it succeeds is that it mixes and matches pieces of Batman continuity without being beholden to it. It makes its own continuity by taking the bits that best fit the game they're making and changing what doesn't fit the model they're creating. It strikes me as a bizarre incident to gripe over.

Still, Anti-Venom appearing in anything is stupid. ;) Except Spider-Island. (Now that's a game that should be made! You aren't playing as Spider-Man! You're playing as Spider-Man with brief reprieves as the Spidey cast with a variety of Spidey powers!)

Last edited:
I don't think Arkham Asylum is a good metaphor. The reason it succeeds is that it mixes and matches pieces of Batman continuity without being beholden to it. It makes its own continuity by taking the bits that best fit the game they're making and changing what doesn't fit the model they're creating. It strikes me as a bizarre incident to gripe over.

True yes. But it does it in away that still maintains order. This just felt like everything was pulled out their ass and thrown together for no reason.

Still, Anti-Venom appearing in anything is stupid. ;) Except Spider-Island. (Now that's a game that should be made! You aren't playing as Spider-Man! You're playing as Spider-Man with brief reprieves as the Spidey cast with a variety of Spidey powers!)

I agree Anti-venom sucks.

Not read spider-island as since new day crap I find all of the spidey comics to be ****

True yes. But it does it in away that still maintains order. This just felt like everything was pulled out their ass and thrown together for no reason.

Well, yeah. It's all about execution. My point is, continuity doesn't matter. What matters is, do the changes benefit the story?

ssjmole said:
I agree Anti-venom sucks.

Not read spider-island as since new day crap I find all of the spidey comics to be ****

Don't know what to tell you except that you're missing out. Amazing Spider-Man is better than it's been a long time, possibly the best it's ever been.

Glitchy as hell. During freefall I ended up going through the roof of the level and dying. While i was going down! WTF!

It might just be your copy. I havn't had a chance to finish the game, yet. But I'm a ways in and hadn't hit a single glitch.

Latest posts

Back