Spider-Man Friend or Foe

I guess you and I just have completely different taste in video games.

Not always , I like a lot of games you seem to too.

Like said game may suck I'll see. It looked to me like lego Star wars with spider-man and no lego which could be funny and just fun as a multiplayer. I love multiplayer games more unless single player is very deep on the game e.g KOTOR and Oblivion. I just find it fun to have a mate come round and we just play.

VS mode on this sounds interesting for that.

Ok I have it , I've played it for the last 2 hours here is my thoughts.

I love it. This maybe an unpopular opinion BUT so? I said I love it not You love it.

Graphics , I really like them. They are not realistic which if they were would ruin the feel , They are not cell shaded which is good. Cell shaded would work if based on cartoon or comic e.g Ultimate Spider-man.

It's cartoony and crazy. Which suits the story and video's they have done. But contains a small element of realism on some parts which is needed as it's set in the film universe Not the best , Not the worst. They fit this game though.

Gameplay While I love the combat and the fact you pick what moves you unlock with those yellow tokens there is one thing I don't like. They should of allowed you to the Web swinging as long as you want.

Also I've heard both goblins don't have their gliders when you play as them. I think this should of been changed. to be like Yoda on lego Star wars , He jumps up and gets his hover chair they should jump up and get glider.

Besides that flaw so far it's pretty damn cool.

Other stuff

Voices seem pretty cool so far. Is sandman and green goblin voiced by the movie actors? If not great impression. Doc Ock sounded diffrent to film but I liked his voice on this.

I like the unlockable stuff , been able to see charracters and locations is nice. Not needed so it just adds extra to game.

I was soooo tempted to use the cheat to unlock Venom from the get go , But I actually resisted , Yay me! I'll get him when I unlock him.

So far this game is much better than Spider-man 3 (hated that game) I give it 4/5. Only done first level (well each stage with in so all of Japan) and I love it.

Just adding I've now completed it.

I'll change rating to 3.5/5 above average and fun.

Adding to previous here is more likes and dislikes

• The double team finishers
  • How they came up with how Spider-man can have the black suit and still team with venom
  • The back and forth banter between your duo (My favourite for back and forth is Green Goblin/Spider-man duo)
  • the ending left it open for a second while still tying things together.
  • Vs mode , Kind of fun and adds replay.

Dislike
  • Venom , His special is bad breath , wtf? the ooze attack is not so bad but still bad breath!
  • Not been able to play through as 2 sidekicks after you win
  • unless you use code you have to beat the game to get New Goblin

I'll be replaying this tomorrow after I watch Spider-man 3 on dvd (comes out here tomorrow can't wait)

My favourites
  • Sidekick - Sandman
  • music - Egypt level
  • Double team - Green Goblin / Spider-man
  • Move - Sandman's sand storm
  • Boss fight - Venom (Not because he's my favourite character I just loved they added hitting church bells to beat him)
  • Video- When the computer sees Iron Fist after her "sense of humour" was turned off , "The name is not funny , His costume is also not funny" :lol: Then fury says "seems i need to deactivate her sarcasm too" :lol: brilliant

Seriously?

Seriously.

Yes Mysterio was the big boss. BUT in context of the story it worked.

Not at all. Come on, Mysterio is NEVER a big enough threat to warrant an entire SHIELD team made up of Spidey and his biggest villains...it was completely pointless, over the top, and silly all around.

Eh...I just listed my copy of this on Ebay...hopefully I'll make back half what I paid for it.

Not at all. Come on, Mysterio is NEVER a big enough threat to warrant an entire SHIELD team made up of Spidey and his biggest villains...it was completely pointless, over the top, and silly all around.

You're right BUT when you think Mysterio had developed a way to control Spider-man's villains and also create an army of carnage type things then he's a threat.

Any bad guy would be a serious threat if they could control other villains and have an army of alien/robot fusion things. It may sound silly but no more than other spider-man stuff before e.g Maximum carnage.

The game was superposed to be a silly fun game anyway so in context of the game and story it makes sense. Image if Civil war turned out to all be because of Mysterio manipulating things. Comic wise he would suddenly become a big threat.

This game is based on NO history or storyline. So Mysterio may not be a joke in this timeline. Like the ultimate universe has less threatening (Doom) and more threatening (magneto , well he seems a higher risk to me than 616 anyway) versions so Mysterio may not have been a big threat in other universes , this one he is.

You're right BUT when you think Mysterio had developed a way to control Spider-man's villains and also create an army of carnage type things then he's a threat.

Any bad guy would be a serious threat if they could control other villains and have an army of alien/robot fusion things. It may sound silly but no more than other spider-man stuff before e.g Maximum carnage.

The game was superposed to be a silly fun game anyway so in context of the game and story it makes sense. Image if Civil war turned out to all be because of Mysterio manipulating things. Comic wise he would suddenly become a big threat.

This game is based on NO history or storyline. So Mysterio may not be a joke in this timeline. Like the ultimate universe has less threatening (Doom) and more threatening (magneto , well he seems a higher risk to me than 616 anyway) versions so Mysterio may not have been a big threat in other universes , this one he is.

Fair enough, but like I said before, that wasn't my biggest problem with the game. The gameplay, graphics, etc were all a major let down. There's a reason this game is panned by the majority of people/websites. And its not a case of majority rules, just a case of common sense and taste. If you liked it, more power to you. I just found it lame. Hell, the Spider-Man - Battle For New York game on the Nintendo DS was more interesting and more of a challenge than this was.

I beat this game in like 3 hours. And I paid $60 for it! Not exactly what I'd call a good value.

Last edited:
Fair enough, but like I said before, that wasn't my biggest problem with the game. The gameplay, graphics, etc were all a major let down. There's a reason this game is panned by the majority of people/websites. And its not a case of majority rules, just a case of common sense and taste. If you liked it, more power to you. I just found it lame. Hell, the Spider-Man - Battle For New York game on the Nintendo DS was more interesting and more of a challenge than this was.

I beat this game in like 3 hours. And I paid $60 for it! Not exactly what I'd call a good value.

It's cool if you don't like it , I was just saying story made sense. I payed £30 so $60 for it (huh! same price for once.) I completed it in one sitting. However I play vs mode with friends , I redo story mode with friends , I've redone story mode on my own as well to play as diffrent team-ups ect...

For me thanks to the vs mode and how fun it is to play in multiplayer it's money well spent. but like I said I gave it a 3.5/5 as in average but fun.

I played that "Battle For New York game" when I had DS , I did not like that at all.

Latest posts

Back