Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions

Umm...according to Wikipedia, he only voiced him in "Wolverine and the X-Men" and of the games.

Yeah, cause Wikipedia is alwasys spot on... :roll:

Hulk VS (2009, Animated Film (Direct-To-DVD)) Wolverine / Logan
Marvel Super Hero Squad (2009, Video Game) Wolverine
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (2006, Video Game) Wolverine
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 (2009, Video Game) Wolverine
Spider-Man: Web of Shadows (2008, Video Game) Wolverine
Wolverine and the X-Men (2009, Animated Series) Wolverine
X-Men Legends (2004, Video Game) Wolverine
X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse (2005, Video Game) Wolverine

(See a listing of his work at link below.)

Source: http://voicechasers.com/database/showactor.php?actorid=1121

See the Scarlet Spider in action.

[video=youtube;UOFni1CYuVE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOFni1CYuVE[/video]

Oh, and here's Sandman.

1121_SandmanAmazing_jpg-610x0.jpg

sandman610.jpg

Source: http://gameinformer.com/b/news/arch...storm-in-spider-man-shattered-dimensions.aspx

Last edited:
[video=youtube;UOFni1CYuVE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOFni1CYuVE[/video]

This pretty much solidifies my opinion of this game. It's just a game where you platform through levels of beating up bad guys with repetitive web attacks. No exploration, no heroism, no side-missions. Just combat.

Is that what people really want to do when they play a Spider-Man game? Is this really Activision's idea of a bolder, better Spider-Man game than their free-roaming ones?

Yeah, cause Wikipedia is alwasys spot on... :roll:

Hulk VS (2009, Animated Film (Direct-To-DVD)) Wolverine / Logan
Marvel Super Hero Squad (2009, Video Game) Wolverine
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance (2006, Video Game) Wolverine
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2 (2009, Video Game) Wolverine
Spider-Man: Web of Shadows (2008, Video Game) Wolverine
Wolverine and the X-Men (2009, Animated Series) Wolverine
X-Men Legends (2004, Video Game) Wolverine
X-Men Legends II: Rise of Apocalypse (2005, Video Game) Wolverine

(See a listing of his work at link below.)

Source: http://voicechasers.com/database/showactor.php?actorid=1121

Sorry, what I meant to say is "He only voiced him in Wolverine and the X-Men and a few of the games."

Which is exactly right. :? I cited Wikipedia because it would at least have the most well-known voice performances on it. X-Men Legends II is not well-known for its voice performances.

This pretty much solidifies my opinion of this game. It's just a game where you platform through levels of beating up bad guys with repetitive web attacks. No exploration, no heroism, no side-missions. Just combat.

Is that what people really want to do when they play a Spider-Man game? Is this really Activision's idea of a bolder, better Spider-Man game than their free-roaming ones?

Yes.

All the free roaming stuff was boring and a waste of time. I want to beat up bad people.

EDIT: Wait I meant to post this in the social thread.

Last edited:

Doesn't saving the multiverse count as herois? The side missions in the other games got old quick anyway.

Sorry, what I meant to say is "He only voiced him in Wolverine and the X-Men and a few of the games."

Which is exactly right. :? I cited Wikipedia because it would at least have the most well-known voice performances on it. X-Men Legends II is not well-known for its voice performances.

Not really, HulkVs isn't a game and he also voices Logan in SHS.

Gabriel Liotta add as the voice of Doc Ock of 2099.

http://gabrielliotta.com/wordpress/?page_id=17

That isn't right, Doc Ock 2099 is female in the game.

It also says the game came out in august, which isn't right either.

Last edited:
All the free roaming stuff was boring and a waste of time.

It's a video game. When is it not a waste of time?

To each his own, anyway. The free-roaming at least let you be creative and just go wherever you wanted and pick what missions you wanted to do and when you wanted to do them.

I want to beat up bad people.

In a Batman game or a Wolverine game, yes, I do just want to beat up bad people in creative, badass ways. However, in a Superman game or a Spider-Man game or any other game where I'm playing as a deeply altruistic character who wants to help innocent people first and punish the wicked a distant second, I also want to actually be a hero and save virtual people from videogame disasters. If this is a fundamental difference between me and every other person who likes superheroes and video games, well then fine. To each his own. I'll just go outside and play with sticks.

Doesn't saving the multiverse count as heroic?

That's just the story of the game, though. There's no actual physical rescuing involved. Just punching people until the game tells you that the job is done.

We haven't even seen any platforming or puzzle-solving elements to the game. It really just looks like you walk around webbing people and that's it. It just seems strange that this simplistic beat-em-up is Activision's response to their own leader saying that their Spider-Man games have sucked for years.

It's a video game. When is it not a waste of time?

To each his own, anyway. The free-roaming at least let you be creative and just go wherever you wanted and pick what missions you wanted to do and when you wanted to do them.

In a Batman game or a Wolverine game, yes, I do just want to beat up bad people in creative, badass ways. However, in a Superman game or a Spider-Man game or any other game where I'm playing as a deeply altruistic character who wants to help innocent people first and punish the wicked a distant second, I also want to actually be a hero and save virtual people from videogame disasters. If this is a fundamental difference between me and every other person who likes superheroes and video games, well then fine. To each his own. I'll just go outside and play with sticks.

That's just the story of the game, though. There's no actual physical rescuing involved. Just punching people until the game tells you that the job is done.

We haven't even seen any platforming or puzzle-solving elements to the game. It really just looks like you walk around webbing people and that's it. It just seems strange that this simplistic beat-em-up is Activision's response to their own leader saying that their Spider-Man games have sucked for years.

I generally agree with you. It seems like the kind of thing that would get repetitive quickly, to me. Honestly, I don't particularly care about the "Spider-Man needs to be altruistic" angle or the thought that it NEEDS to be free-roam, but I worry it's going to get boring pretty quick.

That said, it might be the right direction to go. Each world seems to be an opportunity to polish up a different aspect of gameplay. The problem with the free roam games is that the gameplay itself wasn't particularly deep. If they spend this game polishing up the combat and the web-swinging so they can implement these features into a bigger, more sandbox style game on the next go, this might be the right route to go.

I don't really care that this isn't free roam because the last, what 4 games have been free roaming. I don't mind going back to levels for a bit, specially when they're doing interesting things like mixing in noir and 2099 styles

I generally agree with you. It seems like the kind of thing that would get repetitive quickly, to me. Honestly, I don't particularly care about the "Spider-Man needs to be altruistic" angle or the thought that it NEEDS to be free-roam, but I worry it's going to get boring pretty quick.

I never really said that it "needs" to be free-roam, but a Spider-Man game should have an element of roaming an open city in it, or the web-swinging just won't be interesting. It's the same with Superman and flying.

That said, it might be the right direction to go. Each world seems to be an opportunity to polish up a different aspect of gameplay. The problem with the free roam games is that the gameplay itself wasn't particularly deep. If they spend this game polishing up the combat and the web-swinging so they can implement these features into a bigger, more sandbox style game on the next go, this might be the right route to go.

The gameplay was as deep in Spider-Man 2 for its time as in Arkham Asylum, except that there wasn't really as much out-of-context fun in the Spidey as there was in Batman (the combat challenges alone, for example, had me playing for at least an extra month after I had completely finished story mode).

The only reason people get pissed off at those side-missions in SM2 is because there's nothing else to do when you finish the game, whereas in AA, the combat challenges don't really ever get repetitive.

I don't really care that this isn't free roam because the last, what 4 games have been free roaming. I don't mind going back to levels for a bit, specially when they're doing interesting things like mixing in noir and 2099 styles

Again though, that's just part of the story. It has nothing to do with how good the game will actually be or what you can even do in it. All we know you'll be able to actually do in this game is beat people up.

Last edited:
Again though, that's just part of the story. It has nothing to do with how good the game will actually be or what you can even do in it. All we know you'll be able to actually do in this game is beat people up.

Actually it does when you see thing like how noir plays on shadow and light and emphasize on stealth (something they've always tried and usually fail to pull off) or 2099 using vertical flowing levels. Both of which look fun to play and actually effect game play. I don't know how you can say it's just part of the story and doesn't effect the game. It immediately tells you they are experimenting with different types of gameplays that correlate specifically with these story elements. And what's so wrong with "just beating people up" who cares if it's fun I mean most spider-man games have been like that and have been fun to play. They've done free roam and general rescuing for the past 4 games and now want to focus on the actual game play than reoccurring mini games.

I'm going to miss the free-roaming. In Spider-Man 2 whenever I got bored of beating up people. I use to love swinging around, doing tricks, doing flips off of buidings, wall sprinting, just missing cars, people and firescapes. But I still think this game is going to be great without it.

I'm going to miss the free-roaming. In Spider-Man 2 whenever I got bored of beating up people. I use to love swinging around, doing tricks, doing flips off of buidings, wall sprinting, just missing cars, people and firescapes. But I still think this game is going to be great without it.

Same here, but didn't they make 3 more games with free roaming? So why the big deal about this one want to change things up again?

While the free-roaming will be missed by me, its exclusion is not what makes me think this game will be ass. Every single video I've seen makes it look clunky and boring. The combat, ostensibly the primary focus of the game, doesn't look like it has any flow whatsoever. It flat-out looks boring.

Actually it does when you see thing like how noir plays on shadow and light and emphasize on stealth (something they've always tried and usually fail to pull off) or 2099 using vertical flowing levels. Both of which look fun to play and actually effect game play.

Again...it just doesn't look interesting or groundbreaking in any way, particularly when the leader of Activision has come out and said how much he doesn't like the previous games. All I've seen so far is clips of different Spider-Mans beating people up with webs. The graphics are boring, cel-shaded rubbish that would run easily on the PS2.

And what's so wrong with "just beating people up" who cares if it's fun I mean most spider-man games have been like that and have been fun to play. They've done free roam and general rescuing for the past 4 games and now want to focus on the actual game play than reoccurring mini games.

There hasn't been a decent Spider-Man game since Ultimate Spider-Man and there hasn't been a great Spider-Man game since Spider-Man 2 and there still hasn't been a Spider-Man game that utilises the concept of a free-roaming city as extensively and brilliantly as the GTA games. There's still so much they can do with the concept, and yet they're doing a few, generic gimmicky things that would work just as easily in a previous gaming generation.

The biggest problem with the last couple of games was that they didn't at all focus on "rescuing". It was all just about beating up bad guys and there was nothing more creative to do than that. This is also a huge problem with the Superman Returns game. If there had been more interesting rescue missions, that game would have been at least twice as good.

No, we actually know that all 4 dimensions have different gameplay.

QUOTE=Gothamite;516160]Again...it just doesn't look interesting or groundbreaking in any way, particularly when the leader of Activision has come out and said how much he doesn't like the previous games. All I've seen so far is clips of different Spider-Mans beating people up with webs. The graphics are boring, cel-shaded rubbish that would run easily on the PS2.

There hasn't been a decent Spider-Man game since Ultimate Spider-Man and there hasn't been a great Spider-Man game since Spider-Man 2 and there still hasn't been a Spider-Man game that utilises the concept of a free-roaming city as extensively and brilliantly as the GTA games. There's still so much they can do with the concept, and yet they're doing a few, generic gimmicky things that would work just as easily in a previous gaming generation.

The biggest problem with the last couple of games was that they didn't at all focus on "rescuing". It was all just about beating up bad guys and there was nothing more creative to do than that. This is also a huge problem with the Superman Returns game. If there had been more interesting rescue missions, that game would have been at least twice as good.[/QUOTE]

Or maybe it's just that rescue missions suck ass. Also, this isn't GTA and it shouldn't try to be.

Besides, the PS1 Spider-Man game was very well liked and that didn't have Free-roaming either.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back