Star Trek discussion (Spoilers!)

What did you think of Star Trek?

• Total voters
No, I mean the new STAR TREK movie is the exact same plot as WRATH OF KHAN. A murderous villain, displaced out of time, has a vendetta against the Federation and the major characters, gains control of a device that can blow up planets.

The difference is superifical; Nero comes from the future, Khan from the past, Nero hates Spock, Khan hates Kirk, Nero blows up Vulcan, Khan activates Genesis but doesn't kill anyone... and every Trek reference (except the "Wictor-Wictor" bit) comes from WRATH OF KHAN - the Kobayashi-Meru, the Ceti Eels... it's a damn rip-off. And everyone's like, "Wow, I hope they do Khan next..."

They already did Khan, and they didn't do it well. Now, if they redo SPACE SEED, it's possible it could be cool, though SPACE SEED is a crappy episode and only 45 minutes long. Trebling its length will not make it better.

No, I mean the new STAR TREK movie is the exact same plot as WRATH OF KHAN. A murderous villain, displaced out of time, has a vendetta against the Federation and the major characters, gains control of a device that can blow up planets.

The difference is superifical; Nero comes from the future, Khan from the past, Nero hates Spock, Khan hates Kirk, Nero blows up Vulcan, Khan activates Genesis but doesn't kill anyone... and every Trek reference (except the "Wictor-Wictor" bit) comes from WRATH OF KHAN - the Kobayashi-Meru, the Ceti Eels... it's a damn rip-off. And everyone's like, "Wow, I hope they do Khan next..."

They already did Khan, and they didn't do it well. Now, if they redo SPACE SEED, it's possible it could be cool, though SPACE SEED is a crappy episode and only 45 minutes long. Trebling its length will not make it better.

This is why I don't watch space operas.

JJ said he'd use Shatner if it made sense. He wouldn't do it just to do it though. It made sense to have Nimoy in there, but I completely understand if Shatner won't be included.

Good point dude. Good point. I shouldn't single out the Trek camp. We could all go to a Star Wars message board and get headaches at the discussions the Star Wars fans have.

Because we are superior. We are comic book fanboys.

I do too. Also I want a SHATNER cameo!

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAN!

Have you seen Shatner recently? Apparently in the future Kirk will get really, really hungry.

I remember hearing somewhere that they were going to give Shatner a really small cameo, but he refused because that part wasn't big enough.

Last edited:
How has there been no major movements on a Star Trek sequel?

IMDB says that their aiming for a fall 2011 production start (I'm guessing after the dust settles from Super 8 and M:I 4 is mostly put to bed), but seriously, with how well the last one did, why have we heard NOTHING?

They are still trying to write it.

I think they're now aiming for a December 2012 release date.

DARKKNIGHT said:
Have you seen Shatner recently? Apparently in the future Kirk will get really, really hungry.

So basically Shatner is writing a Trek novel where Kirk becomes Galactus.

I'd pay to read that.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back