Star Wars Canon Expanded Universe - Timeline - Reading Order

Andor should be all before Rebels because Maarva's brick marks her death date as 7972.216.4 which is the CRC calendar before the BBY/ABY one is utilized. A New Hope is 7977, so the 7972 date lines up. The ".216.4" after it should signify how long into the year according to the subreddit r/StarWarsReference. Going off how they've calculated other released dates from the Scum and Villainy reference book, Maarva passed late March or around March 20th. Going back in the season from there, Andor starts in January which still covers the 5 BBY date at the beginning of the show.

So Andor is the beginning of 5 BBY and Rebels starts at the end of 5 BBY since the Empire Day episode has to land in the middle of the following year according to some past Pablo Hidalgo tweets. The Kessel incident they mention would then be referring to Solo years prior instead of the Rebels premiere, and works a little better since I'm sure news of a Jedi on Kessel would've came up in those Coruscant scenes.
100% agree.

Andor should be all before Rebels because Maarva's brick marks her death date as 7972.216.4 which is the CRC calendar before the BBY/ABY one is utilized. A New Hope is 7977, so the 7972 date lines up. The ".216.4" after it should signify how long into the year according to the subreddit r/StarWarsReference. Going off how they've calculated other released dates from the Scum and Villainy reference book, Maarva passed late March or around March 20th. Going back in the season from there, Andor starts in January which still covers the 5 BBY date at the beginning of the show.

So Andor is the beginning of 5 BBY and Rebels starts at the end of 5 BBY since the Empire Day episode has to land in the middle of the following year according to some past Pablo Hidalgo tweets. The Kessel incident they mention would then be referring to Solo years prior instead of the Rebels premiere, and works a little better since I'm sure news of a Jedi on Kessel would've came up in those Coruscant scenes.
That all sounds very reasonable! I wouldn't stick rigidly to any calendar placements like that if anything else comes up to suggest otherwise, but since it fits for now I'll move it there! Thanks for the info :)

But this tweet from DiscussingFilm says that it's "under 2 years"?

There's also this. So confusing o_O

Last edited:
So... is this canon now?

No Semi Canon (They took Characters from Legends/QuasiCanon (E.g. Lego Star Wars The Force Awakens DLC,Lego Star Wars Disney+ Specials,Freemaker Adventures) material and repurposed them for the Canon

Reactions: Dok
uhm, I originally wanted to make a timeline for the 3 big continuities of star wars, but if you want I can leave out canon and do only Legends and infinities, becouse your timeline is really well done, and it will be really bad to not have it completed.

Just checking in - is anyone still using this timeline? Will update it if so but know there are other Star Wars timelines on the site so wouldn't want to take the time if no one's fussed!
I used to use dirishb timeline but since he passed away I use yours now

Just checking in - is anyone still using this timeline? Will update it if so but know there are other Star Wars timelines on the site so wouldn't want to take the time if no one's fussed!
Finally made an account so I could say please continue! I've been using your timeline for a while now and it's really helpful. The changes you make compared to the Wookieepedia timeline make it way easier to avoid spoilers. Thank you for all the work you've put into it so far!

So Young Jedi Adventures already has a continuity error. The first short must take place after at least the first episode because the kids travel from Coruscant to Tenoo in the pilot, but are already there in the shorts. Kai gets his green lightsaber at the end of episode 1 and already has it in the first short. The issue here is Nash meets Yoda for the first time TWICE on different occasions! Once in the pilot and once in the first short! How can we square this circle?

So Young Jedi Adventures already has a continuity error. The first short must take place after at least the first episode because the kids travel from Coruscant to Tenoo in the pilot, but are already there in the shorts. Kai gets his green lightsaber at the end of episode 1 and already has it in the first short. The issue here is Nash meets Yoda for the first time TWICE on different occasions! Once in the pilot and once in the first short! How can we square this circle?
Just Keep watching! It'll make sense!

Latest posts

Back