Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith [SPOILERS]

Qui-Gon learned the ability of imortality by himself, why Anakin wouldnt? He is after all the Chosen One...

But i agree with you about Padme death and the Death Star...

Bass said:
"What about the Ewoks? They were rubbish! You don't complain about them!"

"Yeah, but Jar Jar Binks make the Ewoks look like ****ing Shaft!"
I dont care about jar jar, Darth Maul made up for everything wrong in episode one. That is the movie that got me hooked on start wars.

In clone wars grievous rocked. He had no fear and almost killed like 2 jedi masters.

No, Those were jedi knights he killed, all the masters are on the council. In episode III all of the council are present.

slimjim said:
I dont care about jar jar, Darth Maul made up for everything wrong in episode one. That is the movie that got me hooked on start wars.

I started liking Star Wars because of Ep 1, too, but it was because I was a kid and it was, ya know, Star Wars. In hindsight I see that the movies wasn't that good.

And Maul no longer "wows" me. Vader would kick his ***.........actually he did kick Maul's ***. DARTH VADER RULES!

: star wars nerd dressed up as vader smiley :

moonmaster said:
I started liking Star Wars because of Ep 1, too, but it was because I was a kid and it was, ya know, Star Wars. In hindsight I see that the movies wasn't that good.

And Maul no longer "wows" me. Vader would kick his ***.........actually he did kick Maul's ***. DARTH VADER RULES!

: star wars nerd dressed up as vader smiley :
Same for me, but you got to give Maul credit if he didnt kill Qui-Gon things would of went alot differently!

Masters can be people who aren't on the council as well, like Qui-Gon and Count Dooku.

I'd like to think of it this way:

You start off as a youngling being trained by Yoda.
You get picked by a Jedi Knight and you turn into a Padawan. The Knight is now a master as he is training you to be a Jedi Knight.
You pass the trials and become a fully-fledged Knight. You're hair braid is cut off.
If you're a very good Jedi then you are offerered to join the council, otherwise you have the choice of training a Padawan or not.
Once you begin training the Padawan, you shall become a master.

ProjectX2 said:
You start off as a youngling being trained by Yoda.
You get picked by a Jedi Knight and you turn into a Padawan. The Knight is now a master as he is training you to be a Jedi Knight.
You pass the trials and become a fully-fledged Knight. You're hair braid is cut off.
If you're a very good Jedi then you are offerered to join the council, otherwise you have the choice of training a Padawan or not.
Once you begin training the Padawan, you shall become a master.
sounds right. I don't agree with Knight picks Padawan and then becomes Master. I think it's more like the council recognizes a Knight as a master and he is then able to train a padawan.

Bass said:
Here's a cool bit of weirdness. All the down-ending Star Wars films (2, 3 and 5) end with the character's backs to us, while all the up-ending ones (1, 4, and 6) end with them facing us.

How's that for dull?
You'd have noticed then that in these down ending movies, they are all looking away from the camera ponderously™ too.

And for my bit of geekery, I loved seeing the evolution of the technology. Early versions of star destroyers, AT-ATs, X-Wings, TIE fighters and all the rest. And on that, also so cool to see the X-wing things flying along side the TIE fighter things, and the helmet that the X-wing thing guy is wearing has a resemblance to both the stormtrooper helmet and the original x-wing pilot's helmet.

Honestly, I was only just managing to stop myself for nudging the guy next to me and pointing all these little bits out.

Guijllons said:
Honestly, I was only just managing to stop myself for nudging the guy next to me and pointing all these little bits out.

At least you were able to hold back. I think I was driving my wife nuts.

Yeah, well, try not holding from going to the bathroom around the last hour and half, just to miss nothing.....with an overfull bladder!!!

I'd finished my bucket'o'cola by the time of the first grievous fight, I wasn't a happy bunny, but the force was with me..

.. and the bucket'o'cola bucket has a dual use

Last edited:
Guijllons said:
I'd finished my bucket'o'cola by the time of the first grievous fight, I wasn't a happy bunny, but the force was with me..

.. and the bucket'o'cola bucket has a duel use
I had a JUMBO size cup. I was only half way through with it when I had to bad. I never had to that bad in my life.

Guijllons said:

.. and the bucket'o'cola bucket has a dual use

I'm never going to the cinema with you.

Guijllons said:

.. and the bucket'o'cola bucket has a duel use
What leaves the bucket must return to the bucket. This is how balance is maintained. Such is the way of the Force.

Finally saw it today. :D Overall, I thought it was pretty good. General Grievous was a bit disappointing. So is he supposed to be Russian? If he was "trained in the ways of the Jedi" then why does he just spin his lightsabers aroung like deadly windmills? And if he's so cool and powerful than why could Obi-Wan kill him by just shooting him in the heart?

The action was pretty neat. There was a little less Vader than I had hoped there would be, but he's still badass. I liked Yoda vs. Sidious. Ewan McGregor and Natalie Portman gave some good performances. I liked the classic music from the original trilogy at the end when Luke is brought to Tatooine. I saw it with my sister and had to explain some stuff to her because, according to her, she's never seen a Star Wars movie in her life. I feel like renting the Original Trilogy now, just for a feeling of completion.

Latest posts

Back