Star Wars General Discussion (dedicated to Houde)

I finished The Weapon of the Jedi, but haven't touched the rest yet. It was pretty good. Luke goes on a Force quest, an interesting character that may be used much later is introduced and we get some insight on what Luke is up to in TFA. Not much, but enough for this shot to maybe have some context.

R2D2_Luke_star_wars.jpg

C-3PO is NOT with Luke in TFA, years ago Luke met a girl that C-3PO reveals is still well off (my guess is that is [POSSIBLY SPOILED IN THE 18 HOUR UNVBOXING LIVE STREAM]'s mom and Luke is their father), Luke is a celebrity
and C-3PO annoys everyone.

Last edited:
(my guess is that is [POSSIBLY SPOILED IN THE 18 HOUR UNVBOXING LIVE STREAM]'s mom and Luke is their father)[/SPOILER]

Whoa whoa whoa. Explain please.

Whoa whoa whoa. Explain please.

during the live stream someone out right says "Luke Skywalker's daughter", but I don't remember the rest of the context. Wasn't in reference to EU though. I am assuming they are referring to Rey

Did I just over hype myself, or was Shattered Empire really boring? The coloring was really off-putting too and I can't help but feel the decision to focus on two new characters, who are the parents of one of The Force Awakens characters, really took up far too much time. The dude is definitely going to die and that's okay because I don't care about either of them.

Last edited:
Did I just over hype myself, or was Shattered Empire really boring?

I didn't think so at all.

I think any perceived "meaning" about this guy's eventual expected death is kind of lost, though, because we don't know anything about Poe yet.

I wonder if they both die and Leia and Han adopt Poe?

Star Wars Uprising is out. I'm downloading it now. Will give it a play after work.

So far the reviews on the Apple App Store are all overwhelmingly positive.

I downloaded and played the first few minutes.

It's kind of clunky and boring.

I downloaded and played the first few minutes.

It's kind of clunky and boring.

It's a mobile game, but for a mobile game it's a decent Diablo-esque clone with the Star Wars setting applied.

The story is simplistic so far, but constant throughout.

I like it. I'm well acquainted with mobile games so perhaps I gauged my expectations more realistically, but I don't find it any more clunky than most mobile games. In fact I rather like the approach they're taking with the point to move, aim, and use special button taps to use abilities (pay attention to the tutorials, especially there).

After the first few missions, getting used to the special abilities and working them into your attacks, is a lot of fun. The enemy types vary every few levels so it doesn't get too repetitive and forces you to try out new load outs regarding your abilities.

Also, the weapon and armor system and upgrade aspect is fun. It's really easy to obtain premium currency through missions so you can buy premium packs (which will have some great weapons, armor, or additional crew members) without having to spend any real money.

It's all part of a long game. Like I said, play a level or two a day and it shouldn't get repetitive. It's an mMMORPG, so long and (let's be realistic) repetitive grinding is a part of the game. They amp up the difficulty as you go to keep it challenging (though from levels 1-10 it's very easy, as that's essentially one long tutorial).

I'm enjoying it. For a mobile MMORPG I'm impressed, anyway.

Also, a tip... the components (crystals and stuff you find on missions) can be used to upgrade your weapons and armor, which will make it significantly more powerful.

However, I recommend only using the component upgrades on armor that's of the purple and above rarity (as you'll likely be keeping those a long time, since they're rare and powerful). The 1 to 3 star stuff you're almost certainly going to sell or salvage (you have to be level 9 to start selling or salvaging your extra equipment), so it makes no sense to waste upgrades on it except at the very beginning when those are your only options.

After the first 4-6 levels you'll inevitably have come across a better weapon/armor load out, and can hopefully pull at least a purple rarity from the premium packs you'll get for free from the premium currency they give you in game for missions, etc.

You can find the good packs on levels (gold packs) as well, with some decent weapons/armor in them.

Last edited:
I like it. I'm hoping it's short though because I'm seeing it get old really fast. So far my biggest problem is that your character's AI is horrible. I press on something and my character runs into it instead of shooting. It's very annoying

I like it. I'm hoping it's short though because I'm seeing it get old really fast. So far my biggest problem is that your character's AI is horrible. I press on something and my character runs into it instead of shooting. It's very annoying

It's really not short. There are a fair amount of missions per planet, a few of those repeatable to help level up and find better gear.

Don't forget to try harder difficulty levels (based on your character rating) for better rewards.

Also, if by some chance anyone is interested, I created a cartel called Void Runners in Uprising.

It's full at 40 members now, but inevitably I'll have to cull a few non active members after a few days. If you're interested let me know. Only created the cartel yesterday and it's already full and at Rank 8 (we gain 1-2 Ranks per day).

Last edited:
Also, if by some chance anyone is interested, I created a cartel called Void Runners in Uprising.

It's full at 40 members now, but inevitably I'll have to cull a few non active members after a few days. If you're interested let me know. Only created the cartel yesterday and it's already full and at Rank 8 (we gain 1-2 Ranks per day).

I'll join.

I'm probably overthinking this, but there's a line and Smuggler's Run that I just can't get out of my head.
The Imperial officer is looking at Han Solo and it describes his clothes she thinks that his shirt looks like part of an imperial officer's uniform. Could Han have been an Imp at some point? That'd be a great backstory. Imperial officer turned smuggler turned Rebel.

I'm probably overthinking this, but there's a line and Smuggler's Run that I just can't get out of my head.
The Imperial officer is looking at Han Solo and it describes his clothes she thinks that his shirt looks like part of an imperial officer's uniform. Could Han have been an Imp at some point? That'd be a great backstory. Imperial officer turned smuggler turned Rebel.

In the original EU, I believe Han was training as an Imperial pilot academy or something. I honestly don't remember.

From what I do remember that may have directly led to Han saving Chewie at some point (think he'd been enslaved by the Empire some time after Ep III) and Han getting that life debt Chewie owes him.

That was the original EU canon anyway... we'll see what they do in the new one.

Leia novel. Not finished yet but...
SHE FEELS THE FORCE CONSTANTLY! This is in between Empire and Jedi and she has no freaking clue what it is. Luke and Leia's kiss is mentioned too it was handled clunky because she still didn't know they were related. As for the post-ROTJ prologue, there's been some peace after the Empire fell, but war is starting up again.
The book is okay though. I think my biggest problem with Leia is all of her stories are about how important she is and how that's such a big burden on her. It's just bland. Then again I didn't love the Han novel until much later so I'm hopeful this will turn around.

Latest posts

Back