Star Wars General Discussion (dedicated to Houde)

You made it sound like you were dropping all Star Wars too.

Did you guys see this bit in the new about Michael B. Jordan possibly playing Boba Fett? I've read it a few different places and nobody seems to be asking or suggesting the obvious question - how can anyone other than Boba Fett be playing Boba Fett? It makes it seem like he's a separate guy assuming the identity of Boba Fett.

It may just be a rumor, but if you think about it, if they're going to do a Boba Fett movie, it may be the only other logical way to do it: set it after RotJ and have it be about someone adopting the original Boba's identity, using his mythical status as a way of securing large-paying bounty jobs. It combines the action-adventure aspect with a sort of long con aspect... especially should the new Fett end up running into someone the original Fett knew, like Bossk or a number of other bounty hunters. It also requires him to live up to the legend of Fett, which could combine for some interesting action pieces, with a slight element of humor thrown in.

I mean, the other logical way is they could do a Boba Fett solo film set between Episodes III and IV, and take the Dredd (or even Darth Vader) approach and keep the helmet on throughout/avoid showing his face... unless they try to do a horrible CGI job, so, hopefully not. And that's perfectly doable, don't get me wrong.

They should whiteface Michael B Jordan. I'd pay to watch that.

It may just be a rumor, but if you think about it, if they're going to do a Boba Fett movie, it may be the only other logical way to do it: set it after RotJ and have it be about someone adopting the original Boba's identity, using his mythical status as a way of securing large-paying bounty jobs.

OK, now that makes some sense. Especially considering that bit about the recovered armor in Aftermath.

They should whiteface Michael B Jordan. I'd pay to watch that.

Seconded.

Spoilers man! I still haven't touched Aftermath

Sorry! It was not a major plot point at all and there was pretty significant buzz about it when the book came out. That's a very, very mild spoiler.

Sorry! It was not a major plot point at all and there was pretty significant buzz about it when the book came out. That's a very, very mild spoiler.

Ah. I literally don't know anything else about the book other than that. I'm pretty good about avoiding spoilers.

Rebels season 2 proper started back up the other day - the new episode was pretty great.

The new Chewbacca comic was good but didn't really seem to be much about Chewbacca at all.

[video=youtube;W0ex_WIAeTY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=W0ex_WIAeTY&app=desktop[/video]

Rebels season 2 proper started back up the other day - the new episode was pretty great.

The new Chewbacca comic was good but didn't really seem to be much about Chewbacca at all.

I disagree on both accounts. I probably overhyped myself for Rebels though. Chewie seemed very much about Chewster and how reluctant he was to join someone else's conflict. I can't remember right now who the writer is but he did a great Chewbacca

Last edited:
CRnJn9dWwAAKsL3.jpg

My seven year old has stated several times that she hopes Jar Jar is in it.

[video=youtube;sGbxmsDFVnE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGbxmsDFVnE&feature=youtu.be&app=desktop[/video]

So cool. It was great to see Leia.

Kylo Ren with his mask off should disprove any theories that he is Luke.

I read one theory that Kylo Ren and Rey might be Solo kids, and Kylo Ren is continuing his grandfather's work after having trained with Luke, with Luke possibly in self-exile over his failure with him.

Star Wars fan theories are just about the only fan theories I can stand reading.

So cool. It was great to see Leia.

Kylo Ren with his mask off should disprove any theories that he is Luke.

I read one theory that Kylo Ren and Rey might be Solo kids, and Kylo Ren is continuing his grandfather's work after having trained with Luke, with Luke possibly in self-exile over his failure with him.

Star Wars fan theories are just about the only fan theories I can stand reading.

Except that theory is essentially just shoe-horning Ren and Rey into the Jacen and Jaina roles of the old EU.

This seems like an appropriate time to bring this back.

[video=youtube;FJTCYdZTj2A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJTCYdZTj2A[/video]

[video=youtube;yo7_qW4pPrc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yo7_qW4pPrc[/video]

This wins the internet today.

Latest posts

Back