Star Wars General Discussion (dedicated to Houde)

Leia novel. Not finished yet but...
SHE FEELS THE FORCE CONSTANTLY! This is in between Empire and Jedi and she has no freaking clue what it is. Luke and Leia's kiss is mentioned too it was handled clunky because she still didn't know they were related. As for the post-ROTJ prologue, there's been some peace after the Empire fell, but war is starting up again.
The book is okay though. I think my biggest problem with Leia is all of her stories are about how important she is and how that's such a big burden on her. It's just bland. Then again I didn't love the Han novel until much later so I'm hopeful this will turn around.

Have you read Aftermath yet?

Have you read Aftermath yet?

No, starting that tonight.

From the epilogue of Moving Target
Leia is training Poe Dameron during the Battle of Jakku

Last edited:
Tarkin revealed that the Jedi Temple got made into the Imperial Palace and Lost Stars revealed they put in a ballroom so the Emperor is literally dancing on the Jedi's graves.

Last edited:
Tarkin revealed...

Those aren't huge spoilers but probably should be marked.

I started on the YA books and just finished A Jedi's Weapon. I'm on Lost Stars now.

Of the new canon books I've finished A New Dawn, Tarkin, and Aftermath. I didn't find Aftermath anywhere near as bad as some people want it to be, but I didn't like how it was written in the present tense.

My goal is to finish all of the new canon books but I might have to break after Lost Stars and start Darth Plaguis. It's not canon but I really want to read that.

I just finished A New Dawn the other day, and am just starting Dark Disciple.

Then Lords of the Sith, Tarkin, Smuggler's Run, Heir to the Jedi, Weapon of a Jedi, Moving Target, Aftermath, and finally, Lost Stars... hopefully before mid-December when Episode VII comes out.

I just finished A New Dawn the other day, and am just starting Dark Disciple.

Then Lords of the Sith, Tarkin, Smuggler's Run, Heir to the Jedi, Weapon of a Jedi, Moving Target, Aftermath, and finally, Lost Stars... hopefully before mid-December when Episode VII comes out.

I would hazard to guess that Lost Stars has more to do with Episode VII than some of those others - might want to move that up in the list.

I would hazard to guess that Lost Stars has more to do with Episode VII than some of those others - might want to move that up in the list.

It kind of does.

Most of Lost Stars spans from just before the original trilogy up to the Battle of Jakku (about a year after RotJ). I just figured I'd read it as a bookend/lead-in to TFA itself.

I'm midway through Dark Disciple... not really liking it. There's some interesting stuff (I liked Voss, and its interesting to see Ventress again), but the overly angsty writing style makes this seem almost like a teen's fan fiction, just with less spelling mistakes. Its ok, but will probably rank at the bottom of the list in terms of quality and being a worthwhile story. I suppose its necessary in terms of closing out Ventress' arc, but the end result could've and should've been better.

It kind of does.

Most of Lost Stars spans from just before the original trilogy up to the Battle of Jakku (about a year after RotJ). I just figured I'd read it as a bookend/lead-in to TFA itself.

I'm midway through Dark Disciple... not really liking it. There's some interesting stuff (I liked Voss, and its interesting to see Ventress again), but the overly angsty writing style makes this seem almost like a teen's fan fiction, just with less spelling mistakes. Its ok, but will probably rank at the bottom of the list in terms of quality and being a worthwhile story. I suppose its necessary in terms of closing out Ventress' arc, but the end result could've and should've been better.

Lost Stars is meh. I'd read it sooner. It does mention stuff going on in Uprising and Moving Target though. I don't know why I was so hyped for this, it's exactly as it sounds. A young adult romance novel that takes place in the Star Wars universe.

Dark Disciple is still the worst of the worst though. Just thinking about it gets me a little upset. So many dumb moments, mischaracterization, awful dialogue and I don't know if the author or Lucas is to blame. All I know is Quinlan needs to die a horrible and painful death.

I don't know why I was so hyped for this, it's exactly as it sounds. A young adult romance novel that takes place in the Star Wars universe.

I'm only about half way through it but yeah, I'm surprised. I didn't know that it was a romance novel per se and was surprised by some of the romantic elements in it.

Still, it's not like they were poorly done or the book is bad or anything. It's pretty good actually.

This is worth a read, an article on a fan's interpretation of the six films and why the Prequel trilogy doesn't suck and may be more brilliant than we ever thought (as a whole)... yeah, I don't buy it either, but it's a surprisingly compelling read.

I posted this before a couple months. It was nine pages long and his actual article. He's actually posting on StarWars.com now. Yeah, I completely buy it. Lucas is smart, but he's terrible with dialogue.

Did you guys read this week's batch of comics?

Poor Lobot. :-(

Right when I'm out they pull me back in. Guess I'm not dropping Star Wars.

Obi-Wan-and-Anakin-1-Marco-Checchetto-Cover-bfac1.jpg

Right when I'm out they pull me back in. Guess I'm not dropping Star Wars.

Obi-Wan-and-Anakin-1-Marco-Checchetto-Cover-bfac1.jpg

Nice! Also, when were you out, and why would you be? The new canon comics have been extremely good.

I'm excited for this. Been hoping they'd expand on the pre-Clone Wars era in the new canon, and this seems like a good start. That cover art is awesome.

Last edited:
I was done reading non-Star Wars Marvel. The company has ticked me off too much.

Last edited:
I'm done reading non-Star Wars Marvel. The company has ticked me off too much.

You made it sound like you were dropping all Star Wars too.

Did you guys see this bit in the new about Michael B. Jordan possibly playing Boba Fett? I've read it a few different places and nobody seems to be asking or suggesting the obvious question - how can anyone other than Boba Fett be playing Boba Fett? It makes it seem like he's a separate guy assuming the identity of Boba Fett.

You made it sound like you were dropping all Star Wars too.

Did you guys see this bit in the new about Michael B. Jordan possibly playing Boba Fett? I've read it a few different places and nobody seems to be asking or suggesting the obvious question - how can anyone other than Boba Fett be playing Boba Fett? It makes it seem like he's a separate guy assuming the identity of Boba Fett.

Nah, just Marvel Comics all together. Civil War tie-in trade is gonna be my last thing I get involving their characters since I've already bought it, but I'm going to keep getting Star Wars.

It's clickbait. Every article then talks about someone getting Boba's armor. It's also a rumor from WAY back when F4 was being made that, for some reason, is coming to light now,

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back