Star Wars General Discussion (dedicated to Houde)

Can we REALLY try to avoid spoilers with this? I won't be able to see it until Christmas

Episode 7 spoilers do not belong in this thread.

I don't even think we should have a discussion thread until after it is officially out at 12am Friday.

I'm going to see it Friday afternoon. I may have inadvertently read some spoilers but it might have just been a couple of trolls.

Dying to talk about this.

Also realize many aren't seeing it for awhile so want to vigilantly prevent leaking any spoilers.

Wanted to ask advice about starting a spoiler thread for it, but I'm not sure how that'd work with the mobile app (since I think the blacked out text still appears in Feed blurb with every new post).

So, figured we could just wait a week or so altogether, though that admittedly sucks as I imagine many who see it over the next few days will want to discuss it.

My proposition is this:

We create a thread for spoiler discussion.

Clearly state in first post ANY spoiler discussion must be contained in spoiler tags (this will prevent spoilers for those viewing forum on PC).

To prevent mobile users from seeing spoilers accidentally in their feed, not only use spoiler tags, but after making any post regarding spoilers, make a follow up post with just some random word to bump the post containing spoilers up and off the mobile Tapatalk Feed (since I think it only shows most recent, but could be wrong). Think that should work.

It would also require vigilant oversight by our supermod Ice, but I'm happy to check in and alert if anything needs editing. Ideally nothing will, but...

I don't know. Just suggestions. I'm dying to discuss it but can understand wanting to wait awhile before even starting a spoiler thread for it.

Not even sure if my suggestions would make much difference, but I think they can help (well spoiler tags definitely would for PC, it's mobile app users I'm worried about since it's a bit wonky regarding Feed and spoiler tags).

Any suggestions, offer them here.

We have an Episode 7 thread. I just assumed that's where people would post

Episode 7 spoilers do not belong in this thread.

Right, for sure. I'm just saying it might be better if people who want to avoid spoilers avoid Star Wars threads for a while. I'm not saying, "Screw you, I'll talk about Star Wars spoilers if I want to!" but it's possible/likely that someone will let something slip and it's better to just stay away for a while.

Right, for sure. I'm just saying it might be better if people who want to avoid spoilers avoid Star Wars threads for a while. I'm not saying, "Screw you, I'll talk about Star Wars spoilers if I want to!" but it's possible/likely that someone will let something slip and it's better to just stay away for a while.

I don't think it's too much to ask to just not post spoilers in any thread that isn't the episode 7 thread.

Someone seriously needs to make these versions of the prequels.

[video=youtube;VgICnbC2-_Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgICnbC2-_Y[/video]

Apparently, I'm only allowed one video per post.
[video=youtube;JAbug3AhYmw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAbug3AhYmw[/video]

Last edited:
Thank you, I'm hoping to be caught up on canon by the 25th. Aftermath is so hard to get through though

I'm having a harder time getting through Battlefront: Twilight Company even though it's a better book. It's just so long and not much seems to be happening.

[video=youtube;qSgJeVwjnpc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSgJeVwjnpc&html5=1[/video]

This is awesome

Latest posts

Back