Star Wars: The Clone Wars [spoilers]

Re: Star wars Clone Saga Movie and series.

No - YOU'RE with ME on this one. :p

I made the thread therefore you are with me HA I win!

I love Star Wars. I loved the prequels.

Me too.

I like Jar Jar and the Ewoks.

:shock: You're never allowed to insult my venom love ever again after this statement! :lol:

And I hate people that take it seriously, because that's about the most retarded thing you can do. They aren't serious movies. People act like George Lucas is raping them or something. Get over it.

The worst thing about it is that people seem to think it gives them some kind of super nerd cred to bash the prequels or anything else they've done after Empire. You can tell that most of the people just bash on them because that's what all of the super nerds do. It's pathetic.

I love Star Wars, the animation looks cool, and the previews look great. If you don't like it, go watch Empire 50 times with your nerd friends. Don't forget the box of Kleenex so you can cry about how they've destroyed your childhood.

I bash Episode I and episode VI only beacuse IMO they are the weak movies or the Godfather III of star wars if you will.

I agree on this the Animation looks great but I'll admit it could look as crap as Digimon the movie's animation as long as they add "Star wars" in the title I'll watch it. Hell I have both ewok movies and the holiday special for that reason alone :lol:

I think Star wars can be serious in terms that's not say "Scary movie" where it's randomness and lack of plot which people think work for that film. Star wars has serious theme's running through it like redemption. It also has great charracters and diffrent stories branching through it.

I personally only get pissed off at the changes they make with each release (Which I still buy regardless) e.g Han shooting first been changed completely changes his character arc. Young Anakin (hayden) been put as the ghost at the end of Jedi. Only beacuse it alters the cannon of star wars in a bad way.

There are changes I like however. E.g Jabba the Hutt been put in episode IV with Boba Fett as the scene was filmed, It makes sense as it ties up to episode VI and works.

I also like the Emperor telling Vader Luke is his son despite the fact vader already knows this as was revealed in one of the books that is cannon. It adds to him keeping things from the emperor which I like as shows his rebellious side still there and shows the emperor could never fully make Anakin/Vader what he wanted. Yeah the scene looks crap due to make up but I like it.

I do not like Jar Jar surviving all six and shouting "wesa free" at the end of episode VI. Big **** you to the Jar Jar haters plus how did that idiot out live Obi-wan , Anakin , Boba and more. It didn't need to be done. HOWEVER showing each planet including prequel ones celebrating was nice.

Edit : (posted as I was typing this out)

No arguments there. But there is plenty of bad acting in the original trilogy. It's not a coincidence that Mark Hammill has done nothing since Return of the Jedi.

I agree with Bad acting in the originals e.g I always say in episode VI harrison ford acted more like Harrison Bored as he just seems fed up and bored with been in that film.

However I strongly disagree with Mark Hamill been considered "bad" In episode V and episode VI he was the ONLY live action person on the screen dealing with Yoda. But his acting made us believe that yoda was a real person and I hardly cry at movies but yes I cried when Yoda died. His scenes with Vader and the emperor in episode VI and with yoda pretty much saved the movie IMO.

Oh and
It's not a coincidence that Mark Hammill has done nothing since Return of the Jedi
HE WAS THE ****ING JOKER! SOMEONE IN CHARGE OF A COMIC SITE SHOULD KNOW THAT!!!!! :p:lol::lol: joking I know what you mean.

Last edited:

And my hatred of them are only fueled further by the fact that many sequels of what should be dead franchises are surfacing and comes no where near the level of the originals.

Uh huh.

My only complaint with the animation of this film is, it feels too "me too". As much as I love the Gennedy Tartakovsky style in the 2D series, it doesn't have the same feel in rendered 3D.

I'd been happier had they tried a different rendering style, but to be honest, that's only really coming from my art geek side of my brain. Characterwise, I'm just annoyed that Ashoka is pretty much Anakin Jr, personality wise. I'd have preferred they'd used a different character template with her.

With that said, I'm sure I'll see it a couple times in the theaters (seeing how Asajj is in it, and I've heard rumors Shaak Ti is as well), and I'm sure it'll be a fun bit of Science Fantasy I've come to expect from the franchise.

One last note, please George... for your next bit of Star Wars, please do something outside the Anakin-era. You and others have build a deep and rich timeline of a wonderful universe, please, use it.

I still find it hard to believe that anakin and Vader are the same person.

One last note, please George... for your next bit of Star Wars, please do something outside the Anakin-era. You and others have build a deep and rich timeline of a wonderful universe, please, use it.

He's doing a live action series that follows secondary characters not Vader or Anakin set between 3 and 4. Rumour says the main character is Boba Fett. That will be diffrent and cool.

He's doing a live action series that follows secondary characters not Vader or Anakin set between 3 and 4. Rumour says the main character is Boba Fett. That will be diffrent and cool.
Even when I was still a Star Wars fan, I still fail to see why people think Boba Fett is cool.

Even when I was still a Star Wars fan, I still fail to see why people think Boba Fett is cool.

You know what me too. I don't have a fett-ish like most fans though Jango was pretty cool. But I think a bounty hunter's story is diffrent enough tv and movie wise (since there have been books and games and comics of bounty hunters) to work.

If I was Lucas and the tv show was going to be about Boba I would include little boba in this movie and series at some point as a cameo to tie tv show with this as well as films to have more rounded universe that connects better.

There were rumors that, if the Clone Wars cartoon and the Live Action series did well, they'd make something in the Old Republic era.

Which would be awesome.

There were rumors that, if the Clone Wars cartoon and the Live Action series did well, they'd make something in the Old Republic era.

Which would be awesome.
The reverence accorded to the Old Republic era, I think, is due in part because the stories told so far have been awesome and not because of any inherent awesomeness in the era itself. So I think that Old Republic cartoons being awesome is not a foregone conclusion.

I think for most it was the stoic cool factor. He didn't talk much, and did his job well. Plus, as a bounty hunter, he was in that moral grey area.

I think for most it was the stoic cool factor. He didn't talk much, and did his job well. Plus, as a bounty hunter, he was in that moral grey area.
I know.

That was, I agree, kinda cool.

The problem was that a lot of fans made too much out of it.

He graduated from cult underdog to overhyped underdog.

I know.

That was, I agree, kinda cool.

The problem was that a lot of fans made too much out of it.

He graduated from cult underdog to overhyped underdog.

Oh I'm not disagreeing with you, I just kinda felt self0important and wanted to geek babble ^_^

I still prefer the underused characters. Although I have an unhealthy love of Asajj Ventress.

Girlfriend was working today and by the time she had gotten home it was too late to go see this. So we are both off tomorrow so we can go see this tomorrow. I think this may be the first time I've put a chick over star wars. Either I really like her or I'm maturing, I'll go with the first one as I'm watching my sponge bob dvd as I type this.

But tomorrow can not come fast enough.

Last edited:

duh you chose her...........her schwartz is bigger than yours...or did i mean force........who cares no one reads this random nonsense i bring anyway.

duh you chose her...........her schwartz is bigger than yours...or did i mean force........who cares no one reads this random nonsense i bring anyway.

:lol: I read it.

Yes I chose her. Episode II was in the cinema and was dating someone. she said pick a film. I chose episode II she said "ew, I hate star wars" I broke up with her then and there.

Re: Star wars Clone Saga Movie and series. (SPOILERS)

yep woulda dun the same cause after that statement how you ever suppose to get her into a princess laya bikini:shock:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back