Star Wars: The Clone Wars [spoilers]

Re: Star wars Clone Saga Movie and series. (SPOILERS)

For a moment there I thought the title of this thread said "Spider-Man Clone Saga Movie and series," and THAT held promise to be an exciting thread.

Re: Star wars Clone Saga Movie and series. (SPOILERS)

I'm moving this thread and editing the title to be about the movie specifically. Once the show has either started or there is news to report of it a thread can be started in the TV forum.

I watched this today. I'm going to be honest I almost walked oout in the first 3 minutes. The Warner brother logo, NO OPENING CRAWL ARE THEY ****ING MAD? AND WHATS WORSE THEY EDITED THE STAR WARS THEME TUNE. **** WO EVER THOUGHT THAT WAS A GOOD IDEA.

But then I stayed and watched the rest of the movie I enjoyed it despite it's glaring continuity issues (E.g Jabba the Hutt was described as someone who hates the jedi and wouldn't even trust them if his life was on the line, yet in this movie he gets them to help and thanks them? :roll: okay what ever)

I admit Baby Hutt was cute. I want a pet baby Hutt.

Ahsoka Tano I have mixed feelings about. I think the character helps show the change in Anakin from Episode II as the reckless Padawan in to Episode III when he is a more mature Jedi Knight. Good idea on paper. On screen she was annoying as hell I wanted Asajj Ventress to just kill the little brat.

I was surprised nicely to find this does NOT replace the old Clone wars. Anakin has his scar and bodyguard droids been it means it set in the gab in-between which is cool as my dvds of the cartoon are still part of it

Overall I enjoyed it and will get the blu-ray but from the very start I was disappointed with what we got. The good out weighs the bad but only just.

I watched this today. I'm going to be honest I almost walked oout in the first 3 minutes. The Warner brother logo, NO OPENING CRAWL ARE THEY ****ING MAD? AND WHATS WORSE THEY EDITED THE STAR WARS THEME TUNE. **** WO EVER THOUGHT THAT WAS A GOOD IDEA.

No opening crawl?:?

Saw this today and I enjoyed it a lot. My son loved it. No crawl - yep that was crappy. The voice over was a poor substitute. And I agree with Mole that Ahsoka Tano was annoying as...I don't know what. But the story was decent and the action was wonderfully done. The animation was very good.

Saw this today and I enjoyed it a lot. My son loved it. No crawl - yep that was crappy. The voice over was a poor substitute. And I agree with Mole that Ahsoka Tano was annoying as...I don't know what. But the story was decent and the action was wonderfully done. The animation was very good.

I agree with this. My only problem with story was the Jabba plot-hole but it was a clever story (though Jabba's uncle made me think "what the ****?") But the way it was handled was pretty cool.

Action wise loved the action too though I really wanted Asajj Ventress vs Anakin rematch to happen as the fight in old clone wars was great and it was hinted at though I guess they will it in tv show.

Also I agree strongly on animation. It was awesome.

Also you forgot one thing E. Admit it baby Hutt was cute :lol:

I just realized that Mole & Fried (my brother) are very similar. This scares me more than you will ever know.

Last edited:
This was ****ing horrible.

Ab-so-****ing-lute-ly horrendous.

Now while I'm not the most hardcore Star Wars fan, the simple fact that this film spits in the face of the actual films.....and Genndy Tartakovsky's animated masterpiece is just unforgivable.

I mean the blatant continuity errors. The disgusting "cute sidekick for comedic purposes". The waste of CGI action. The lack of John Williams' beautiful score.

I want to hunt down the people who made this afront to God......kick them in the balls (or vag...whichever is applicable).....then set their homes on fire.....all while urinate on their family members.

Too much?

One last note, please George... for your next bit of Star Wars, please do something outside the Anakin-era. You and others have build a deep and rich timeline of a wonderful universe, please, use it.

I still find it hard to believe that anakin and Vader are the same person.

That's why I think a viable option for the next big Star Wars project is a story bridging Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope.

Let's face it, Anakin is incredibly immature, idealistic and selfish in Revenge of the Sith. I think he was still a child when he fought Obi Wan and he didn't really come of age until his time as Darth Vader. His role in the new movie would be hunting down the Jedi, searching for Obi Wan, and becoming the man he is in the original trilogy. Twenty years as Vader will change a person and this movie would show that.

The heroes? Bail Organa and the other leaders of the Rebellion, showing how they began their struggle against the empire. Bonus points for showing the base on Dantooine.

It would also show how the Republic made the complete transition into a dictatorship. Remember, in New Hope, the dissolution of the Senate is so recent that Leia doesn't even know about it when her ship's boarded by Vader.

Other potential plotlines include Grand Moff Tarkin's rise to power, the beginning of Rogue Squadron, and the enslavement of the Wookiees.

There are probably many expanded universe stories about this time period--they would be respected and this project (miniseries, movie, whatever) would try to follow many of their plotlines, but it wouldn't be a 100% faithful adaption.

References to major characters in the original trilogy would be kept to a strict minimum.

Latest posts

Back